Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 12:50   #646
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
t-bhp folks on BB Messenger can add me PIN : 258bf612
I have added you. Accepting the pain of editing every 2 or 3 days !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
Here is my PIN : 256BFBFE
I have added you.

I am just waiting to get my Prosumer Lite @299 to be activated. Should be done in 3 or 4 hours maximum.

Here is my PIN: 2525209C ! Now we have a messenger exclusively for die-hard BB users here ! Lets hope for a long list of PINs shared here soon!

If Scorpio owners can put their photos on a thread, If Innova owners can show their power through another thread, If Safari owners can boast of their beauties, offcourse we poor BB users could share atleast the PINs here! (Not forgetting some of the BB users have all the above too !)
Old 7th April 2009, 13:04   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
There is news for all BlackBerry lovers, specially BOLD - three new 9000 series (aka Bold) models are on the way with the codenames 'Onyx', 'Magnum' and 'Driftwood'. Photos are not yet available.

Is it only design changes or some features get added too?

OK, here are the problems just started for a newbie BB user.

I am unable to pair my BOLD with my bluetooth ( Jabra BT-135). It just refuses to recognize the BT headset. Also, i am having some problem in sending and receiving files from other phones via. Bluetooth.

Is pairing for another phones is also mandatory for sending/receiving files via. Bluetooth? This makes BB a bit complicated.

Can someone give info on the easiest method to transfer files between two phones and also how to get my bluetooth paired to my phone?

I got the 299 Plan activated and it should work from tomorrow
Old 7th April 2009, 13:23   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is pairing for another phones is also mandatory for sending/receiving files via. Bluetooth? This makes BB a bit complicated.
Can someone give info on the easiest method to transfer files between two phones and also how to get my bluetooth paired to my phone?
Bluetooth set up on a BB is not as easy as another smartphone. I have gone through this situation few times, still I am not very sure how things were done. I had to transfer few ringtones from my phone to another, also accept similar files from another phone. Each time the procedure was different. Pairing was a must in my experiments.

'Manage Connections' has 2 settings: 1)set up bluetooth, 2) bluetooth options. First one goes to add device which has 'search for devices' and 'allow another device to find me'. Second one has 'options' when you press the BB icon button, which takes you to 'bluetooth options' with a long list of things. Most of the issues are sorted out in this section. SAVE changes and try what you could not do earlier. I think it should sort out the problem.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:27   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
'Manage Connections' has 2 settings: 1)set up bluetooth, 2) bluetooth options. First one goes to add device which has 'search for devices' and 'allow another device to find me'. Second one has 'options' when you press the BB icon button, which takes you to 'bluetooth options' with a long list of things. Most of the issues are sorted out in this section. SAVE changes and try what you could not do earlier. I think it should sort out the problem.
Tried exactly the way you described. Switched on bluetooth headset and clicked on search for devices. It identifies some other device but does not recognize my Jabra headset. Quite strange. I even tried selecting "listen for device" and even that does not work.

I am like now !
Old 7th April 2009, 15:33   #650
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to get the Nokie B-102 bluetooth headset that I had earlier paired with my nokia to now work with my HTC and no success!

Tried all way... delete pairing... keep button pressed blah blah blah... still nothing! Left it!
Old 7th April 2009, 15:35   #651
Senior - BHPian

Do you have another mobile with bluetooth ? Try pairing your Jabra to that phone and see if your headset is working fine. Pairing a head set is supposed to be the simplest task on any phone. I doubt if your Jabra is working condition. Or try pairing some other head set to your phone (to test the feature). Make sure you read your Jabra pairing instructions too, each headset comes with some instructions.

When I enable my bluetooth and search for devices, it usually shows atleast 15 or more devices (every gadget that is available around my phone without any exception).

To help you better, please check the following links;
Jabra Bluetooth® Headset - Pairing Instructions
Jabra® Bluetooth® Pairing Simulator

Last edited by shajufx : 7th April 2009 at 15:45.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:40   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is news for all BlackBerry lovers, specially BOLD - three new 9000 series (aka Bold) models are on the way with the codenames 'Onyx', 'Magnum' and 'Driftwood'. Photos are not yet available.
Please elobrate, I think you are talking about the UMA enabled or the new CDMA BOLD. I doubt theres going to be a complete overhaul soon.

Quote:

I am unable to pair my BOLD with my bluetooth ( Jabra BT-135). It just refuses to recognize the BT headset. Also, i am having some problem in sending and receiving files from other phones via. Bluetooth.

I got the 299 Plan activated and it should work from tomorrow
Yes, you have to pair each and every device that you want to exchange data with, its a security aspect. And BlackBerry devices are pretty uptight about it.

If you suppose want to transfer a image.

Media > Pictures > Select the picture > Press BB Key > Send using Bluetooth (ensure you have paired with the device before so it appears in the list)

If you want to receive a picture for example.

Media > Pictures > Press BB Key > Recieve using Bluetooth (again ensure the devices have been paired before)

Pairing can be achieved by

Main Menu > Manage Connections > Set Up Bluetooth.

You will get used to it, its no biggie.

Quote:
Tried exactly the way you described. Switched on bluetooth headset and clicked on search for devices. It identifies some other device but does not recognize my Jabra headset. Quite strange. I even tried selecting "listen for device" and even that does not work.

I am like now !
I am sure that you've not put the "Bluetooth Headset" itself into pairing mode and thats why the BB is not able to detect it.

Dug this from Jabra Website

Pair it with your phone

Before you use your Jabra BT135, you need to pair it with your mobile
phone. (Follow step 1-4 in fig 3).

1. Put the headset in pairing mode
• Make sure the headset is off .
• Press and hold the answer/end button until a solid blue light comes on.

2. Set your Bluetooth phone to ‘discover’ the Jabra BT135
Follow your phone’s instruction guide. This usually involves going to a
‘setup,’ ‘connect’ or ‘Bluetooth’ menu on your phone and selecting the
option to ‘discover’ or ‘add’ a Bluetooth device.* (See example from a
typical mobile phone in fig. 3)

3. Your phone will find the Jabra BT135
Your phone then asks if you want to pair with it. Accept by pressing
‘Yes’ or ‘OK’ on the phone and confirm with the passkey or PIN = 0000
(4 zeros).Your phone will confirm when pairing is complete. In case of
unsuccessful pairing, repeat steps 1 to 3.

Source and diagram :

www.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GNImages/Products/WirelessHeadset/BT135/Documents/User%20manual/BT135_UM_EM_EN_145.pdf
Old 7th April 2009, 15:57   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
@ deepakchan:

Use this URL BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

Select your region & service provider and then download firmware update for BlackBerry device. Firmware can be upgraded using 'Application loader' available in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
Thank you for the clarification. But I already did that. When I select Tata Indicom, I am presented with 4.2.2.372 which is already what I have. Should I move through Tata's customer care and ask them when I will get v4.5?
Quote:
I used this link BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software for my software updation. Your handset should be connected to the PC while clicking the 'update' button as instructed in the above page. For me, it took around 20 mts to complete the process on a 2Mbps broadband speed !
Thanks it is strangely working in IE6. Tried the website on a different computer. Will download it from this computer, copy the file to my laptop, and try loading it through the application loaded in Blackberry Desktop Manager. Anybody else in this thread having an 8830?
Old 7th April 2009, 16:27   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kind of OT but t-bhp folks on BB Messenger can add me PIN : 258bf612
Added you
Quote:

and you
Quote:

Here is my PIN: 2525209C !
And you !

Old 7th April 2009, 16:40   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

@Quickdraw, what an explanation. The problem was bluetooth headset was not in pairing mode ( solid blue light).

And, once that was correctly set-up. In exactly 2 seconds i got my Jabra paired to my BOLD

Thanks dude !

Btw, my pin is 2092CDE6
Old 7th April 2009, 17:04   #656
BHPian

Refurbished

While trying to buy a BlackBerry, I came across a seller offering refurbished phones for attractive prices. He has also given a definition for the term "Refurbished' as below

1)Anytime a retail store or consumer opens a product box and it is not purchased, the retailer cannot sell it as new and often ships it back to the manufacturer

2)If a consumer decides they do not wish to keep a product for any reason, even if it is the next day, it is sent back to the manufacturer

3)Once at the manufacturer, the entire item is completely gone through to assure it meets ALL factory specifications and is quality checked again

4)Factory Refurbished goods have a very low 2% return rate because they have been checked at least twice for original quality

5)Each product includes a warranty that is supplied by the Dealer that matches or even exceeds the original warranty

Request your opinion on this subject from you BB Gurus, which will help me as well as other prospective buyers of BlackBerry and also those planning to upgrade their phones.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:05   #657
BHPian

Bad luck

I tried what shaju has mentioned here, from na.blackberry.com downloaded the device update software and ran the same with my Blackberry connected to the laptop. I am getting this message on the App Loader.

Your BB device is running the latest available software. Click next to sign up to be notified by email when new s/w become available.

:(
Old 7th April 2009, 17:19   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Kind of OT but t-bhp folks on BB Messenger can add me PIN : 258bf612
Added you
Quote:

and you
Quote:

Here is my PIN: 2525209C !
And you !

Btw, my pin is 2092CDE6
Added all too. Mine is 208D0131

Last edited by mohit : 7th April 2009 at 17:21.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:47   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Request your opinion on this subject from you BB Gurus, which will help me as well as other prospective buyers of BlackBerry and also those planning to upgrade their phones.
I know many seller of BB's in India. Can you tell me the name and ill let you know if the person is trustworthy or not. There is no such thing as REFURBISHED in India as there are no return policies per say.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:55   #660
Team-BHP Support

guys you really want to publish your PINS out here? let the mod team know by report post if you want to delete em.

PMing the PIN would be a better idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks