Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 12:35   #2626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I faced the same problem in my Storm. Goto to messages -> Options -> General Options. Here you can see the option under "Action" and select the desired option. Not sure whether this is the same in 9700, but it's worth thr try.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
There is option to select Auto Open Newest Message or not after removing device from holster.

Thanks guys, i was searching for it in the Options menu from the home screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I am unable to scroll down from more than a month and i am in no mood to go to a service center " yet" again.

BB8520 is VFM and most importantly comes with touchpad. Would be a relief !
Try using the keyboard shortcut B to go to the bottom of your inbox and then scrolling up to the message you want as a temporary measure till you get a new trackball or new phone. I had similar woes on my 8900 earlier, and learnt it the hard way
Old 13th September 2010, 15:02   #2627
BHPian

Help Needed

Ok. Three questions on which I need your help. The first is general and the other 2 for those in Bangalore

1. Has anyone faced the problem of low volume on BB 8310. The voice is ok when its on speaker but feable when in nomal mode (even with volume turned on full). This seems to have occured in the last few weeks and it seemed fime before. What could be the problem and solution?

2. Incase the above needs the phone to be serviced, does anyone in Bangalore know of a good place for the same?

3. Also, i need to change my phone casing (too many drops leading to scatches and small cracks). Any good place to buy a good case that looks like original (please let me know of a particular store if you have personally brought from there) and will they also fit it as I have heard its not as easy as changing a Nokia cover!

Thanks a mil.

Cheers,

Victor
Old 13th September 2010, 15:08   #2628
BANNED

The falls may have led to the drop in volume!
Old 13th September 2010, 15:12   #2629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Ok. Three questions on which I need your help. The first is general and the other 2 for those in Bangalore

1. Has anyone faced the problem of low volume on BB 8310. The voice is ok when its on speaker but feable when in nomal mode (even with volume turned on full). This seems to have occured in the last few weeks and it seemed fime before. What could be the problem and solution?

2. Incase the above needs the phone to be serviced, does anyone in Bangalore know of a good place for the same?

3. Also, i need to change my phone casing (too many drops leading to scatches and small cracks). Any good place to buy a good case that looks like original (please let me know of a particular store if you have personally brought from there) and will they also fit it as I have heard its not as easy as changing a Nokia cover!

Thanks a mil.

Cheers,

Victor
Victor:

I have the same problem. It was fine for well over an year and suddenly this problem peeped in two months back.
I have given it for repair in Blore, but that's not a shop, it's my friend who is into this.
I am using both BB 8310 and Storm and can certainly feel the difference in sound.

PS - BB cases are really expensive . I had changed mine before.
Old 13th September 2010, 15:36   #2630
BHPian

Quote:
Victor:

I have the same problem. It was fine for well over an year and suddenly this problem peeped in two months back.
I have given it for repair in Blore, but that's not a shop, it's my friend who is into this.
I am using both BB 8310 and Storm and can certainly feel the difference in sound.

PS - BB cases are really expensive . I had changed mine before.
Did the sound go back to normal after repair?

Does your friend do this for othes too??
Old 13th September 2010, 15:37   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The falls may have led to the drop in volume!
Quite possible I guess. Any solutions?
Old 13th September 2010, 17:15   #2632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Did the sound go back to normal after repair?

Does your friend do this for othes too??
Yes. Now it's fine. But stopped using 8310 since I already got myself a BB Storm. 8310 is now somewhere under my bed .

Guess he will not. Anyways, will ask him about this.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:52   #2633
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, got the BB 8520. I am glad even if its a downgrade. Reasons :-

1. Bold scroll ball always gives trouble
2. Bold screen went kaput after a fall to the ground. Replacement cost is Rs.4K. Not worth repairing.

I am enjoy the new found joy with a touchpad instead of a horrible scrollball !
Old 16th September 2010, 02:16   #2634
BHPian

Help Please

Hi Guys ,
I need your expert advice on this. I am quite new to smart phones so please excuse my noob questions.

Requirement : Very Very reliable messenger . Gtalk , Yahoo anything but it should work flawlessly. I don't want to access messengers via 3rd party applications.

Right now I have a Nokia E71 . I want to use Gtalk or any other messenger , and also access to my regular mails . Priority is a flawless and very reliable messenger . What should I do to get that working ?

Should I buy a Blackberry for that ? If yes then I am in US right now should I buy it from here ? If I buy it from here will it work in India .

Reliability of messenger is top priority.

Should I buy a iPhone from here will the messenger work on it in India ?

Or once I go back to India can I get BB services on my E71 and get the messenger working?

If i need to buy a BB please suggest me the model as well.

Regards
PD
Old 16th September 2010, 09:11   #2635
BHPian

If you decide on a BB, then you could go in for the Curve 8520 (the cheapest BB but still has everything youd want apart from 3G). If you dont mind spending a little bit more & want 3G as well as something new (the 8520 is quite dated now, though its still a good phone) take a look at the Curve 3G.

You can buy from India itself. If your going in for the Curve 3G, then find out the prices there & then decide. But if your buying there, make sure its an unlocked phone.

Finally, coming to the point, since your main priority is messenger & mails, in my opinion, ive found BB to be the most convenient & very reliable option.

P.S. - I do not know if the Nokia E71 can take care of your needs when you move back. Id suggest do some research on that first & if it can handle your reqiurements, no sense in buying a new phone.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:45   #2636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Hi Guys ,
I need your expert advice on this. I am quite new to smart phones so please excuse my noob questions.

Requirement : Very Very reliable messenger . Gtalk , Yahoo anything but it should work flawlessly. I don't want to access messengers via 3rd party applications.

Right now I have a Nokia E71 . I want to use Gtalk or any other messenger , and also access to my regular mails . Priority is a flawless and very reliable messenger . What should I do to get that working ?

Should I buy a Blackberry for that ? If yes then I am in US right now should I buy it from here ? If I buy it from here will it work in India .

Reliability of messenger is top priority.

Should I buy a iPhone from here will the messenger work on it in India ?

Or once I go back to India can I get BB services on my E71 and get the messenger working?

If i need to buy a BB please suggest me the model as well.

Regards
PD
I use Storm 9530 and have been using Gtalk, Yahoo, MSN, Skype, Mails, maps, twitter, FB without any problem. No 3rd Party app, it comes with BB. Since you r in US, you can get it at a very cheap rate.

Yes, it will definitely work in India. I got my Storm from US.
Old 16th September 2010, 21:45   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
If you decide on a BB, then you could go in for the Curve 8520 (the cheapest BB but still has everything youd want apart from 3G). If you dont mind spending a little bit more & want 3G as well as something new (the 8520 is quite dated now, though its still a good phone) take a look at the Curve 3G.

You can buy from India itself. If your going in for the Curve 3G, then find out the prices there & then decide. But if your buying there, make sure its an unlocked phone.

Finally, coming to the point, since your main priority is messenger & mails, in my opinion, ive found BB to be the most convenient & very reliable option.

P.S. - I do not know if the Nokia E71 can take care of your needs when you move back. Id suggest do some research on that first & if it can handle your reqiurements, no sense in buying a new phone.
Thanks for the reply mate , So BB will be the most reliable option? I tried gtalk on my e71 when I was in India and it was through some 3rd party application , which was not reliable at all and it defeated the purpose of buying e71 at that time .
This time I want to make sure that I buy the phone and service which will let me access my messenger 24*7 without any surprises.

Quote:
I use Storm 9530 and have been using Gtalk, Yahoo, MSN, Skype, Mails, maps, twitter, FB without any problem. No 3rd Party app, it comes with BB. Since you r in US, you can get it at a very cheap rate.

Yes, it will definitely work in India. I got my Storm from US.
Hey Naveen , From where you got your BB ? I mean was it with service contract? If I buy a BB with service contract of 2 years and lets say after 6 month I terminate the contract and bring phone to India. Will it work there ?
Old 16th September 2010, 22:48   #2638
Senior - BHPian

I use Gtalk and MSN messenger almost everyday for more than 2 hours and they work flawlessly. The IMs on my wife's E52 dont work as well as they do on my BB Bold.
Old 17th September 2010, 02:00   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant.dinkar View Post
Thanks for the reply mate , So BB will be the most reliable option? I tried gtalk on my e71 when I was in India and it was through some 3rd party application , which was not reliable at all and it defeated the purpose of buying e71 at that time .
This time I want to make sure that I buy the phone and service which will let me access my messenger 24*7 without any surprises.
Once again, i mention, i dont know of other phones (Nokia,iPhone & such) but yes, BB is definately very very reliable for both mails & all messengers.
You get inbuilt support for msn,gtalk,yahoo & ofcourse the main reason BBs are so popular - BBM.

Have used & still do on a regular basis, all the messengers & yes, they do work perfectly without any glitches.
Old 17th September 2010, 05:40   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Once again, i mention, i dont know of other phones (Nokia,iPhone & such) but yes, BB is definately very very reliable for both mails & all messengers.
You get inbuilt support for msn,gtalk,yahoo & ofcourse the main reason BBs are so popular - BBM.

Have used & still do on a regular basis, all the messengers & yes, they do work perfectly without any glitches.
Ok , I know this is very basic and maybe a stupid question . To run the messenger do I need a BB with BB services or Just a BB with GPRS will do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks