Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2014, 12:46   #4576
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

I Doubt Q10 will drop the price further anytime soon, have been using one from couple of months. Battery on 3g lasts for 24 hours with good amount of calls and mails, superb phone for my requirements.
Old 24th April 2014, 16:56   #4577
BHPian

Got my Z10 STL 100-3 and has been using it for a week now. Battery Backup is little disappointing. A fully charged battery shows 97% within 15 minutes off the charger hook. Also while using the phone gets hot. Did a security wipe and a battery pull. Hoping now everything will be normal.

Any Z10 users had this issues and any solutions for it?
Old 24th April 2014, 17:25   #4578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Iam using a Blackberry Z10 from last 12 months ( STL-100-1) and iam extremely happy with this device as its been an extremely smooth 1 year journey with this beauty. And, for first time i didnt feel the need to move to a new device which i normally have the itch to after 9-10 months of buying a new phone

Z10 is one of the best phones out there and its touch and keypads are outstanding. If you search, there is a brief report from me on this very thread

Battery isnt great and usually lasts me about 7-8 hours ( Iam a heavy user) but, have a spare battery which i bought in US for $29 and works well and is always around me.

For newer phones you need to allow the software to bed in and you will start seeing the battery performance improving in a few days. Ensure that your working on latest OS update ( mine is 10.2.1.2102)

My Z10 doesnt get HOT. It gets mildly warm that too if iam on a 1-hour call otherwise its quite normal

Summary : I completely love this phone
Old 24th April 2014, 18:22   #4579
vdi
BHPian

Hello,

I would like to change the cover of my curve 9360 as am facing issues with the key. I know it can be bought thru online but can someone suggest right site to buy this.

Rajesh
Old 26th April 2014, 12:54   #4580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam using a Blackberry Z10 from last 12 months ( STL-100-1) and iam extremely happy with this device as its been an extremely smooth 1 year journey with this beauty.
Just bought a Z10 last evening, had read Mobikes reviews on this forum before buying it. At 18000 it was a steal and a no brainer.

So how do we go on loading android files on the phone. Where can i download the apk files from. I can't access the play store because i don't have an android device, never had one. From what i know the Play store shows you apps which are compatible with the android device you have linked your account with.
Old 30th April 2014, 08:45   #4581
BHPian

Have a friend coming in from Dubai, where a Z10 (STL 100-1) black model is available for approx Rs. 12k INR (after conversion from AED). Was very interested because of the price. Just 2 questions:

1. How easy is it to install android apps and is the range of apps good? This is one thing I especially miss with my Lumia 520, especially the lack of good games.
2. Since google apps are not supported, is the native GPS app good enough for navigation, or are there good third party alternatives available for free?
Old 30th April 2014, 11:21   #4582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Have a friend coming in from Dubai, where a Z10 (STL 100-1) black model is available for approx Rs. 12k INR (after conversion from AED). Was very interested because of the price. Just 2 questions:

1. How easy is it to install android apps and is the range of apps good? This is one thing I especially miss with my Lumia 520, especially the lack of good games.
2. Since google apps are not supported, is the native GPS app good enough for navigation, or are there good third party alternatives available for free?
There are no India specific maps from Blackberry. They support Mireo maps which internally uses Map My India. That isnt free and costs about 1600.
Old 5th May 2014, 17:32   #4583
BHPian

@mobike008, Thanks for your inputs. I did a device wipe, which resolved 2 issues. 1. Heating (Might be some rogue app was causing it) 2. The Data connection was not getting automatically restored once it was again in the full network.

Though as You have mentioned, Battery is getting little better. Hopefully it makes more progress.
Old 5th May 2014, 17:36   #4584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
How easy is it to install android apps and is the range of apps good?
Heres the better guide for the same.

http://crackberry.com/best-places-fi...pps-blackberry

Anybody is using the TBHP Android app on BBOS10?
Old 5th May 2014, 19:33   #4585
BHPian

Yup I'm using it on my Z10
Old 6th May 2014, 13:40   #4586
Oxy
BHPian

Why are people buying the Z10? What's the point of a Blackberry without a physical keypad?

I personally am very uncomfortable typing on a touchscreen. I was a fool to brick my Mini Pro while trying to upgrade it.

I don't think I have any option now other than waiting for the Q10 to reach affordable levels. And that might take a couple of years.
Old 6th May 2014, 20:50   #4587
Senior - BHPian

The point is that BB's keypads whether physical or touchscreen are a breeze to use. The tactile feel and the response to inputs are positive and allow one to well type-on.

I have been using a 9860 for a couple of years now and a 8730 prior to that (almost since the early days of BB here) and experience with both has been superb.

BB Z30 is next on radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Why are people buying the Z10? What's the point of a Blackberry without a physical keypad
Old 13th May 2014, 14:32   #4588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Got my Z10 STL 100-3 and has been using it for a week now. Battery Backup is little disappointing. A fully charged battery shows 97% within 15 minutes off the charger hook. Also while using the phone gets hot. Did a security wipe and a battery pull. Hoping now everything will be normal.

I have a Z10 STL 100 and face the similar issue. Battery did not just set in, and the phone just keeps getting switched off.

How do you do what you did? Security swipe and battery pull? And is it any better now?
Old 13th May 2014, 15:40   #4589
BHPian

I bought a PB last year from the US and the battery is dead now. Couldn't boot it anyway.
Any new battery options or service centre's available for PB in Bangalore ?.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:28   #4590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I have a Z10 STL 100 and face the similar issue. Battery did not just set in, and the phone just keeps getting switched off.

How do you do what you did? Security swipe and battery pull? And is it any better now?
Yes, The battery has been little better after the security wipe. Am able to pull of 9 to 10 Hrs on full recharge. As I have read z10 battery gradually increases its discharge cycle (Much for the smartphone! )

Issue of phone heating up is also gone, though it does get little warm after continuous 10 to 15 mins of any usage, which is bit strange.

Two days back I installed few Android apps including new TBHP app. The battery has been at its worse again, hence removed it all yesterday.

You can do security wipe by going into Security and privacy >security wipe. Though first ensure to back up the contacts / emails etc via blackberry link or blackberry ID.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks