Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2013, 12:12   #4516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
What is your BB OS version? My bold 9900 gives me an option to sync contacts, calendar when I set up gmail and works out of the box pretty well. In my older BB, I was using a BB application called Google Sync, but looks like it is discontinued. It worked pretty well for me.

As per outlook, backup the exiting contacts and delete them. Import gmail contacts into outlook, sync with BB and delete from outlook. Restore the backup.
Thanks.

Curve comes with OS 7.1

I will try if out of the box thing works while setting up Gmail id. If not i shall try the outlook way.

Thanks.
Old 29th June 2013, 12:20   #4517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I am finally moving from Droid to BB today. I am getting a good condition BB Curve 9320 through a friend. Phone still has 14 months warranty left. Now i have a doubt, How do i sync my contacts associated with my gmail id with bb? I have outlook installed on my Laptop but those set of contacts are different and i dont want to sync those.

First i thought of exporting google contacts and importing them into outlook & later sync bb using the DM but that would just mix up all my contacts and i dont wish to do that.

Please advise.
When you are setting up your gmail account on the BB, there will be a sync option, where you can tick calendar, contacts, etc. Tick contacts. That should take care of it. This is in email settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
1. Since the Q10 required me to cut my SIM card I got new SIM card and put it in the Q10 (in case I wanted to go back to my Torch). When I did that the Q10 asked me for my username and password and when I entered that it got all my BB contacts on the Q10. It was only 12 hours later that I realised by accident that my BB contacts have been erased from my old Torch. Why? Now I have to carry 2 phones. The Torch for voice and SMS and the Q10 for BBM (and I get email on both). Can I fix this so my BBM goes back to the old Torch (which has my old SIM).

2. The email on the Q10s Mobile Internet Service (3G) seems slower than the email on my Torch's Blackberry Internet Service (2G). Why?

3. Why do I need 3G? It's like buying a better notebook and a later version of Office. I will still make the same documents and type the same speed. It is me who is the limitation not the hardware or software or even the service. All the new stuff does is cost more. It does not make me more efficient.
1)Sir why not get a new nano sim from Vodafone of your old existing number? They will issue it to you there and then, and it will activate in an hour. If you want to switch back to your Torch get a normal sized sim again. Its a 5 min job. Rather than carrying around 2 phone this will be easier.

If you want to transfer your BBM contacts back to your Torch, go to options-device-blackberry id. Entering your id there should get back the stuff. Not sure about this though.

2)That's odd. Is it a minute delay, or a big difference?

3)Well you don't need it per se, but on these phones even opening something like app world to update an app will take ages on 2G. 3G is just more convenient, and now the prices aren't that high too.
Old 29th June 2013, 13:11   #4518
Senior - BHPian

I am very very disappointed with the battery back-up of my 9790. I enquired with my dealer and he has quoted 750 for a brand new original battery (I doubt for the originality) OR I can buy power bank which are the latest trend and could be used by me even after I change to other phone. Any suggestions.
Old 29th June 2013, 13:28   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am very very disappointed with the battery back-up of my 9790. I enquired with my dealer and he has quoted 750 for a brand new original battery (I doubt for the originality) OR I can buy power bank which are the latest trend and could be used by me even after I change to other phone. Any suggestions.
If you look back a few posts thats exactly what i mentioned. A very close friend uses a BB 9790 and he isnt happy with the battery life. He too picked up a power bank with same thoughts that even if he changes the phone, he can still use that.

It is quite funny for BB to give a lower capacity battery on Bold series with touch screen.

I would advise you buy a power bank.
Old 29th June 2013, 15:45   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can I fix this so my BBM goes back to the old Torch (which has my old SIM).

BTW DiscoBiscuit (love the handle), I love the iPad (3G on the iPad I can understand) and TBHP's app. I often use it when I don't want to get out of bed and turn the laptop on.
Thanks for the compliment navin

As Avi has stated, I think BB wants you to assign 'one phone' to 'one blackberry iD'.

Because you have used your iD on your new Q10, I am sure BB systems think that you have switched your device to the new Q10 and that it will be the device you will be sending/receiving your BBM messages on.

Now, I do not know why the BBM contacts of your old BB phone got wiped out. This should not have happened. I switched from the 9900 to the Q10 and i still have all my contacts on my 9900.

goto protect.blackberry.com and check the status of both our devices there. If you want to go back to your old phone, you can switch devices from that link.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 29th June 2013 at 15:48.
Old 30th June 2013, 07:43   #4521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
1)Sir why not get a new nano sim from Vodafone of your old existing number?

2)That's odd. Is it a minute delay, or a big difference?
Since I don't have many BBM contacts I have got all but one of them to move to what's app which I have on the torch. I just sent an email to my contacts and asked them to move. This way I don't have to think LOL.

The difference is about a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
goto protect.blackberry.com and check the status of both our devices there. If you want to go back to your old phone, you can switch devices from that link.
Will do tomorrow.
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:48   #4522
Senior - BHPian

After Apple and Samsung its BB's turn for "Exchange your smartphone offer".

There is an advert in todays Ahmedabad Times for Z10. Get 3000-11000 off for your old smartphone.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 2nd July 2013 at 09:50.
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:51   #4523
Senior - BHPian

The attachment didnt go through.

@mods pls merge the 2 posts.

Thanks

Name:  ForumRunner_20130702_094931.png
Views: 461
Size:  550.6 KB
Old 2nd July 2013, 11:06   #4524
Senior - BHPian

I'm waiting for Lumia to come up with their exchange scheme :-P

Actually they don't need to. Almost all their phones (except maybe 620 and 820) are flying off the shelves.
Old 5th July 2013, 15:49   #4525
Senior - BHPian

One quick question guys,

Will the google contacts and celnder sync work with BB Bold 3? Running Os6. Or does that work only in OS 7.1?
Old 5th July 2013, 15:59   #4526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One quick question guys,

Will the google contacts and celnder sync work with BB Bold 3? Running Os6. Or does that work only in OS 7.1?
It should, and if it doesn't upgrade the Bold 3 to OS7.
Old 5th July 2013, 16:02   #4527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It should, and if it doesn't upgrade the Bold 3 to OS7.
Thanks.

Is Bold 3 OS 7 upgradeable? Didnt know that. I saved a massive amount. My cousin had a spare BB Bold 3 which he used as a spare phone. It cost me all of 3k cash and 1 cuppa chai
Old 5th July 2013, 16:13   #4528
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks.

Is Bold 3 OS 7 upgradeable? Didnt know that. I saved a massive amount. My cousin had a spare BB Bold 3 which he used as a spare phone. It cost me all of 3k cash and 1 cuppa chai
Oh wait, I don't know about OS7. Maybe I'm confused and it was OS6 I;m talking about. Either way the contact sync should work.
Old 5th July 2013, 20:42   #4529
HKS
BHPian

I used the Z10 for an hour, and I have one question why to buy a Z10 or a Q10? I have owned Blackberry for years, and now I have upgraded to iPhone.
Old 5th July 2013, 21:15   #4530
Senior - BHPian

Sync works perfect. Feels amazing to use a qwerty after all these years. Hope the itch lasts longer. Back of mind I want to use a practical bb and on the other hand want to use a latest droid.

Will see how it goes. Thanks to the awesome deal, didnt have to sell off my LG. If I get bored of practicality, will swap back to Droid.

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks