Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 09:42   #4381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Yea, I saw that back cover mention, but it looked so much like part of the body, so asked. Probably will check with you on the user opinion after few weeks. Whomever I know using this are super happy with the features & quality, no doubt on that.
Old 4th June 2013, 09:54   #4382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Yea, I saw that back cover mention, but it looked so much like part of the body, so asked. Probably will check with you on the user opinion after few weeks. Whomever I know using this are super happy with the features & quality, no doubt on that.
Yes, I bought two different back covers for the Z10 and they fit it like a glove and looks really classy too.

Iam still on my BB Torch 9810 and will move completely to Z10 in 2-3 days as i cannot afford to lose office emails even for a single day. So need to work with office IT team to transition smoothly

I played around with it last night with wifi and browsed websites, youtube videos etc and me and wife did a comparison of running videos on her S3 and Z10. No prizes for guesssing which was faster and had better renditions. Will provide a detailed report in a couple of weeks.

Initial Impression : Iam lovin' it
Old 4th June 2013, 10:34   #4383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
4. Great new OS with super awesome features like the HUB & BALANCE
More on that please.

Quote:

Iam still on my BB Torch 9810 and will move completely to Z10 in 2-3 days as i cannot afford to lose office emails even for a single day. So need to work with office IT team to transition smoothly
Will provide a detailed report in a couple of weeks.

Initial Impression : Iam lovin' it
Waiting to read the long term report, specially on whether you are missing the physical keyboard of the Torch
Old 4th June 2013, 20:22   #4384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
More on that please
HUB

It's the most exciting feature of the new OS10. In this what you do is just slide your finger towards the right of the screen and on your left you will see a small pane open up that will display all major apps in a single unified view

FB
Linkedin
Emails
Notifications
Twitter
etc...etc....

You improve your productivity by not wasting time sifting through screens or searching for apps where the notification is displayed.

BALANCE

This is another awesome feature of the OS10. Now you can keep your official work totally separate from your personal work. If i take an analogy, its like you log into a computer with two different username and password and you see a totally different desktop view and contents. This works exactly like that

Will review the phone a bit more in detail in a week or two.

Cheers !!!
Old 5th June 2013, 10:06   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
But, intial reviews that I have been reading about Q10 is that it seems like any other BB phone which cannot showcase the full potential of OS-10 due to it being a keyboard + touch phone

Though iam petrified to move to an all touch phone, i think will take the plunge with Z10 soon.

In Hyderabad, I can lay my hands on a Z10 for 28K (Grey Market) and 22K (Used for 1-2 months)

Hopefully, June 2013 will see me with a Z10
Can you elaborate on this?

I am also petrified to use a all touch phone as i have been using a QWERTY phone for more almost a decade now. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow - June 6th - BB Q10 Release date.

btw 22k used is a steal for the Z10. Hope the Q10 is also reasonably priced somewhere between 24-29k.
Old 5th June 2013, 11:07   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post

I am also petrified to use a all touch phone as i have been using a QWERTY phone for more almost a decade now. Eagerly waiting for tomorrow - June 6th - BB Q10 Release date.

btw 22k used is a steal for the Z10. Hope the Q10 is also reasonably priced somewhere between 24-29k.
I have pre-order my Q10. In the UAE it sells for 36K. I am eagerly waiting too.
Old 5th June 2013, 11:10   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Pre ordered from www.snapdeal.com for Rs. 1000?

They say they will start shipping the phones from the 3rd week of this month. Why wait so long when you can get it in a store near you by this weekend?

Is there any benefit from pre ordering it from the Internet?
Old 5th June 2013, 11:20   #4388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pre ordered from www.snapdeal.com for Rs. 1000?

They say they will start shipping the phones from the 3rd week of this month. Why wait so long when you can get it in a store near you by this weekend?

Is there any benefit from pre ordering it from the Internet?
I have not ordered from Snap Deal. i have given 5000 advance to a retailer in Coimbatore. So will get it once he receives.
Old 5th June 2013, 11:29   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
I have not ordered from Snap Deal. i have given 5000 advance to a retailer in Coimbatore. So will get it once he receives.
Did he give you a date as to when he is expecting to receive the phones?
Old 5th June 2013, 11:58   #4390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did he give you a date as to when he is expecting to receive the phones?
Nope, he told me any day after June 6
Old 5th June 2013, 16:11   #4391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good choice, used one about a month ago. Prefer it to the z10 thanks to the keyboard. They were retailing in Bombay for 65 a month ago lol.
Old 5th June 2013, 17:12   #4392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have been reading a lot of reviews of Z10 and Q10 ever since they came out and have been hearing a common comment from reviewers that Q10 is a great phone but, maybe not provide the entire OS10 experience as desired by Blackberry except for providing its qwerty keyboard experience clubbed with OS10

In Z10, you can swipe up or down from the bezel exactly similar to a blackberry playbook ( I own a PB too) and that experience cannot be replicated in Q10 due to the obstruction of the keyboard where you need to put your finger on touch screen to manoveur

Having said that, I handled the Q10 in my hands, it's a solid phone and is similar to BB 9900 but, much broader/wider and feels much more premium

I would have gone for Q10 had it been priced cheaper but, from what I know it will be priced similar to Z10 ( 40K range or higher)

2 + points of Q10

1. It comes with 2200AMH battery against 1800 AMH batt of Z10
2. It comes with a better screen resolution than Z10 but, Z10 has a better Dpi density that provide darker and better colors

I think there is one another plus point for Q10. Otherwise, the specs are almost identical.

Quote:
I was offered the Q10 for 40K in Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Good choice, used one about a month ago. Prefer it to the z10 thanks to the keyboard. They were retailing in Bombay for 65 a month ago lol.
65K is a crazy price. I would pay 35K for Q10. It's worth that price

Btw, my worry seems without reason for keyboard. Keyboard is so awesome, its should be experienced to be beileved

I was typing my email...Mobike008@......

2nd or 3rd time, the predictive keyboard was showing up my full email address the minute i type mobi....and i just swipe up the word from the keyboard to finish the email address....keyboard keeps track of your most used words and predicts well in advance

I repeat, this is not the same as 3rd party app used in Android for predictive text. This is much more advanced

I will be moving to Z10 completely by this weekend as our IT team is revamping/upgrading our BB enterprise servers and moving from one location to another. Hence, some delay
Old 5th June 2013, 23:00   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
I repeat, this is not the same as 3rd party app used in Android for predictive text. This is much more advanced

I have been using Z10 from past 3 months. BB10 predictive keyboard learned 90% of what I msg/mail/chat regularly. It is very effective and easy to use.
Old 6th June 2013, 12:34   #4394
BHPian

Any news on the Q10 pricing? Cant seem to find anything credible on the Internet.
Old 6th June 2013, 14:56   #4395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any news on the Q10 pricing? Cant seem to find anything credible on the Internet.
44990, I find it priced too high as it retails for 37 in the UAE, I am getting mine from there.

Is the BB guarantee worldwide?

Most Viewed