Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 14:00   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I think the screen will have to be replaced. It could cost anything between 2-4k. IMO that 8520 is not a great phone, upgrade her to the new Curve if possible.
Thanks for the response. I was also thinking the same, that not really worth spending 3-4k on this phone now and might as well upgrade the fone.
Old 5th September 2011, 14:18   #3632
BHPian

I am using the 9300 curve and wanted to know how do I move the apps from phone memory to Memory card. Is there a way to move already installed apps into the memory card so that I can free Phone memory space.

-Sajan
Old 6th September 2011, 10:16   #3633
Senior - BHPian

@ Sajands: unfortunately you cannot do that. all apps are by default installed in the app memory on the phone and RIM does not allow you to change that.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 14:43   #3634
BHPian

Hi

I am not sure if a thread exists for Blackberry comparison with Android phones, and am looking for information to decide between Blackberry Torch and Android phones like Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation etc.

Thanks in advance
Old 7th September 2011, 10:20   #3635
Senior - BHPian

you really cant do a proper comparison between them since their usage is vastly different.

i love my BB because of the overall integration it provides within all its apps and the ease of instant communication. nothing compares to the BB service even though you pay a premium as compared to regular GPRS plans.

the new torch is out by the way and that is what you should be buying
Old 7th September 2011, 22:27   #3636
BHPian

I am planning for a 3G BB handset for wifey. I am in Bangalore and want to know if there is a way to get 3G BB services. Airtel website doesnt have any info.

Should i get BSNL? How is the 3G speeds for BSNL? Anyone using 3G BB in Bangalore, please advice.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:53   #3637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

My wife uses a BB Curve 8520 and since last 3 days a red line has started appearing on his screen. I tried to reboot the fone a few times but it just stays there. Is the LCD damaged? Can it be repaired or has to be replaced only? and what would be the approximate cost for the same? Attaching the pics for reference.
Most prolly, the LCD is damaged. A new one costs Rs. 1600 in Mumbai. I got the one on my gf's phone replaced last month. BTW whats with ladies and damaged LCDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
IMO that 8520 is not a great phone, upgrade her to the new Curve if possible.
Why do you say that? I have been using the 8520 ever since it was launched without any problems.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:19   #3638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post

Why do you say that? I have been using the 8520 ever since it was launched without any problems.
All I can say is use a Bold and then lets see what you have to say. But otherwise its quite slow, the camera is just acceptable, the build quality is not good at all.
Old 9th September 2011, 14:54   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Between the BB torch 9810 and BB 9900- Which one is a better buy??
Also what is the current price going for both in delhi region.
Old 10th September 2011, 14:37   #3640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Between the BB torch 9810 and BB 9900- Which one is a better buy??
Also what is the current price going for both in delhi region.
The Bold - 3. Haven't heard good things about the battery life on the 9900 from the Yeti...and I don't hold a Torch for the Torch.
Old 10th September 2011, 14:46   #3641
Team-BHP Support

Lost the display on my 9700 last night. What is weird is that it showed up briefly a couple of times before it eventually took off when I woke up this morning. Also, it kept sending out a fire alarm type of sound all night at regular intervals which would go off at pressing any key. Intially I thought it was a sofftware glitch, so reinstalled OS 6.0, the siren finally stopped ringing but the display was all gone.
Dropped the phone at the BlackBerry service centre this morning, they would take 7 - 10 working days to return it, and have given me a Curve 8520 to use until then without having to ask a second time.
Ok, atleast they haven't left me high and dry after spending 25K on a phone just 10 months ago.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 16:57   #3642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Lost the display on my 9700 last night. What is weird is that it showed up briefly a couple of times before it eventually took off when I woke up this morning. Also, it kept sending out a fire alarm type of sound all night at regular intervals which would go off at pressing any key. Intially I thought it was a sofftware glitch, so reinstalled OS 6.0, the siren finally stopped ringing but the display was all gone.
Dropped the phone at the BlackBerry service centre this morning, they would take 7 - 10 working days to return it, and have given me a Curve 8520 to use until then without having to ask a second time.
Ok, atleast they haven't left me high and dry after spending 25K on a phone just 10 months ago.
Good that your BB is still within the warranty. One of my colleagues 9700 Display had conked off just 10 days after 1 year warranty had finished and she had to shell out 3.5k for display which has only 6 months warranty.
Old 10th September 2011, 17:06   #3643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Good that your BB is still within the warranty. One of my colleagues 9700 Display had conked off just 10 days after 1 year warranty had finished and she had to shell out 3.5k for display which has only 6 months warranty.
Tell me about it, my brother paid 4K for a kaput display on the 9700! So this settles the 4K extra I shelled out for an Indian billing handset.
Old 10th September 2011, 18:15   #3644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Tell me about it, my brother paid 4K for a kaput display on the 9700! So this settles the 4K extra I shelled out for an Indian billing handset.
Indian supplied Blackberry's come with 18 month warranty (I know of at least stock that has been distributed by Reddington).
Have friends/colleagues forgotton that they have a 18 month warranty and paid for repairs that might have otherwise been covered?
Old 10th September 2011, 18:21   #3645
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Indian supplied Blackberry's come with 18 month warranty (I know of at least stock that has been distributed by Reddington).
Have friends/colleagues forgotton that they have a 18 month warranty and paid for repairs that might have otherwise been covered?
My brother purchased his phone while he was abroad. Redington India does not even perform paid service / repairs under warranty or paid for phones with overseas billing.
My phone came with an 18 month warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks