Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 18:23   #751
BHPian

Re: Which hatch ? Budget: 7L : Diesel ; Cars: Vista Vx vs Liva GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
I'm curious about one point.. the AC vents of liva / etios seems a bit weird.. there are 3 vents on the LH side.. how is the cooling, a/c flow for a passenger sitting on the LH rear ? (ie, behind the front passenger seat).. won't the front LH seat obstruct the flow of the air ? won't the front passenger be chilled to the bone, while the LH rear seater might get some air flow ? at least this is my impression.. can you tell me the actual experience since you are owning an etios/liva for last couple of years ? thanks.
Actually the vents sit in the middle a little bit towards left but on the right side of the front passenger. If the air flow is pointed straight, it hits the back seat directly and is not obstructed by the front passenger, unless of course, the front passenger is huge.

But yes, if you don't keep the air flow vents straight, there are chances that either the passenger on the rear right will be getting more air than his companion on the left or the front LH passenger will be chilled to bone.

Liva/Etios air con is quite effective, and when all the air is directed towards the front LH, he will have no option but to put the vents straight!
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 19:05   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which hatch ? Budget: 7L : Diesel ; Cars: Vista Vx vs Liva GD

Quote:
I'm curious about one point.. the AC vents of liva / etios seems a bit weird.. there are 3 vents on the LH side.. how is the cooling, a/c flow for a passenger sitting on the LH rear ? (ie, behind the front passenger seat).. won't the front LH seat obstruct the flow of the air ? won't the front passenger be chilled to the bone, while the LH rear seater might get some air flow ? at least this is my impression.. can you tell me the actual experience since you are owning an etios/liva for last couple of years ? thanks.
The AC of the Etios is decent. Its not a chiller like the Figo. In West Bengal it was able to keep me comfortable in 40+ temperature. Regarding the positioning of the AC vents its fine. Its not like the front passenger will get chilled and there will be less cold in the rear. Off-course the front gets colder before the rear. It will be same with all the cars which don't have rear AC vents. The Center two AC vents are more or less positioned in such a way the air is blown to the rear from the middle of the front two bucket seats. So you don't have to worry regarding the cooling in the rear. Plus if you feel more cold you have the option of closing the ac vents completely. Still for your peace of mind i would suggest you to check this out of your own when you go for the test drive.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 19:16   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari
Why not wait a little and opt for Tata Vista replacement the all-new Tata Bolt .
Bolt does not have a diesel and really don't want to wait too long- even vista tech seems to be a gamble. Bit confused what to pick. Planning a TD next week on liva and vista
Old 24th February 2014, 19:34   #754
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Bolt does not have a diesel and really don't want to wait too long- even vista tech seems to be a gamble. Bit confused what to pick. Planning a TD next week on liva and vista
I think Bolt will come with the same diesel engine as Vista Tech delivering 90 HP. But then it will be a few months. I think the Vista Tech is pretty good an offer.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 19:00   #755
BHPian

Quote:
The Liva might lose out to the Vista in terms of rear bench space but is definitely more spacious than other cars in the segment.
As a couple of Etios and Liva owners have already mentioned, the car has bullet proof reliability and is super cheap to maintain. Toyota quotes an estimated re 0.27/km maintenance cost which translates to about 2700-2800 for their 10k service intervals. Cheap indeed I would say!
In city FE is also impressive from the Liva, I would say better than the Vista any day. The Liva is definitely not fun to drive but neither is the Vista, so in terms of a medium-high running hatch, the Liva wins hands down.
Obviously you would have to live with its basic interiors and the central arrangement of the speedo console.
Also the GD/GD SP variant do not carry a tachometer, a DTE indicator and I could not find a trip meter when I last test drove it. These might be put offs not major though! :-)
Baddychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 19:05   #756
BANNED

Quote:

Agree with the above opinion, the Vista wins when rear seat space and overall Green house effect is taken into consideration which is lesser in the Liva but the advantages Liva has are reliability, comfortable, bullet proof and impressive ASC to back it up and neutral ride. The Liva looks bland and losses on the dashboard but I don't think it can be a deal beaker.

My vote is for Toyota Liva top-end.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 19:26   #757
Senior - BHPian

Ritz replacement needed

After the engine of my Ritz went kaput day before yesterday, we decided to sell off the car rather than repairing the block (repair cost estimated to be ~Rs.1 Lakh+ by Maruti A.S.S.) Now I am left car-less and am seeking opinions of fellow bhpians for a worthy replacement.

I have already test driven the Grand i10, Brio, Linea Tjet and checked out the Liva and Polo too. Am smitten by the Tjet but the problem is the length of the car which is actually a deal breaker for me keeping parking constraints in mind. I just could not connect to the Grand i10 and the Brio seemed too toy car-like. The Liva seemed boring and the GT Tsi is 9.4L on road Mumbai.

My requirements are a FTD hatchback and strictly petrol. Is waiting till June a good option considering the Bolt and Punto are 'expected' in that month?? Am I missing a car which I should consider??
Old 6th April 2014, 19:30   #758
BANNED

Re: Ritz replacement needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
After the engine of my Ritz went kaput day before yesterday, we decided to sell off the car rather than repairing the block (repair cost estimated to be ~Rs.1 Lakh+ by Maruti A.S.S.) Now I am left car-less and am seeking opinions of fellow bhpians for a worthy replacement.
Engine went KAPUT?

How did it happen and what does Maruti have to say?

Quote:
My requirements are a FTD hatchback and strictly petrol.
I hope you are not Anti-Maruti now? In case you are not then I will recommend the Swift ZXi ABS.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 19:41   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Engine went KAPUT?

How did it happen and what does Maruti have to say?

I hope you are not Anti-Maruti now? In case you are not then I will recommend the Swift ZXi ABS.

Anurag.
Had complained a couple of times about the car switching off on its own at speeds close to 55kmph while shifting to 5th gear. Nothing was detected by the service centre and the problem occurred only rarely (once in 6 months may be since last year) so thought it was a one off situation. Day before while at the same speed, there was a 'thupp' sound from the engine followed by a lot of smoke. The car was immediately switched off and towed to the A.S.S where it was discovered that a piece of the engine block had broken off due to overheat which caused oil to spill out. The strange thing was that the car had adequate coolant and oil even though some of it had spilled out.

I shall try out the Swift soon but don't you think the BOLT is worth the wait considering the new tech and engine it will be coming along??
Old 6th April 2014, 19:44   #760
BANNED

Quote:

Had been complaining since quite some time about the car switching off on its own at speeds close to 55kmph while shifting to 5th gear. Nothing was detected by the service centre and the problem occurred only rarely (once in 6 months may be since last year) so thought it was a one off situation. Day before while at the same speed, there was a 'thupp' sound from the engine followed by a lot of smoke. The car was immediately switched off and towed to the A.S.S where it was discovered that a piece of the engine block had broken off due to overheat which caused oil to spill out. The strange thing was that the car had adequate coolant and oil even though some of it had spilled out.

I shall try out the Swift soon but don't you think the BOLT is worth the wait considering the new tech and engine it will be coming along??
I am shocked to read this but what does MASS say? What about Warranty?

Not sure with anything from Tata hence didn't suggest you to wait.

Anurag.
Old 6th April 2014, 21:33   #761
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If you are OK with Maruti, Swift ZXI is the best. Do also check the 1.5L version of Etios. That would also be a fun to drive car and with Toyota reliability.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:20   #762
Senior - BHPian

Of the current crop of hatches, I would look no further than either the Brio or the Swift zxi. Tata might've put Narain on the job to sort out ride/handling but don't expect the Bolt to suddenly become a corner carver Though I'd love to be proven wrong. The Bolt might be worth the wait if you value features over the car however, the "new tech" in terms of its guts, is not at all as revolutionary as say a tsi motor so in such circumstances, I'd take the tried and tested motor

As for the Punto, well it is nice and all but until they give it a minimum of a 110 horses and a better gearbox to throw itself around, the car prevents itself from putting a smile on my face.

Do check out the 1.6 Fiesta Classic too at the discounts it's running, it is a steal also while it is a sedan, it is small enough without looking ugly like the etios or d-zire (no offense meant to owners out there)

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 08:20   #763
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Tata might've put Narain on the job to sort out ride/handling but don't expect the Bolt to suddenly become a corner carver
We want first uncut reactions of Narain after his go at the track for handling etc. Hope he is not 'Rolling all over!'

Come on Tata. You need to get rid of the Indica design language and get something 'NEW'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
As for the Punto, well it is nice and all but until they give it a minimum of a 110 horses and a better gearbox to throw itself around
What about F.A.S.S?

Cars are good but for their ASC that spoils the fun. They need to have a check there too.

Anurag.
Old 8th April 2014, 10:20   #764
Team-BHP Support

He is looking for Petrol car guys. So no diesels.

S2!!! To amend my previous comment, I think the TRD version of Etios has been taken off and would be refreshed by Etios Cross. And there is a 1.5L petrol version. As per what I read online, Toyota is planning to launch it on May 7. Do check it out. I think it would be one of best FTD petrol cars of the segment.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 13:28   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
He is looking for Petrol car guys. So no diesels.

S2!!! To amend my previous comment, I think the TRD version of Etios has been taken off and would be refreshed by Etios Cross. And there is a 1.5L petrol version. As per what I read online, Toyota is planning to launch it on May 7. Do check it out. I think it would be one of best FTD petrol cars of the segment.
From the interaction I had with the SR, I guess that the Liva 1.5L is available albeit with features similar to the VX spec Liva @ 7.14L on road Mumbai. I may be wrong and will clarify once I call for the test drive vehicle over the weekend.

The Etios Cross looks fresh in person and has a very distinctive character, very different from the mundane Etios Twins. However, the display vehicle had features like a touchscreen infotainment system, leather seat covers, etc which the SR said were indicative features and they may not make it to the final production vehicle. He did mention that the bookings had begun and deliveries will start by the end of May and prices to be between 7.5L-8L on road Mumbai for the petrol variant.

I shall be test driving both the Swift and the 1.5L Etios Liva by the weekend and will take a decision of whether to buy or wait for the Bolt which seems like a very promising product IMO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks