Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 13:21   #391
BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Totally missed out on the Dzire. Taking that into the list.It does command a three months waiting period though!Would take a test drive over the weekend.
Its the lower end variants that have the said waiting period. Top end variants are available . i had this scenario with 2 of the dealers where the middle variant was not available and they were checking if i would opt for the Higher Variant.

Drive the AMT Dzire, test it out at crowded places or narrow lanes where you often have to shift gears and see how the response is. I was not at all happy with the way the Petrol AMT was responding in changing the gears and there was lot of lag. If Petrol AMT has it this way i am sure diesel would have more lag.

New Verna is out, EX AT variant might be out of budget at 12.3 OTR(hyd) but you can still do a test drive and check .

Last edited by zaveed : 23rd August 2017 at 13:27.
Old 25th August 2017, 17:22   #392
BHPian

My Dad is currently using a 2012 Nano LX. He is currently thinking of upgrading to the Nano XTA AMT model. Is it a worthwhile upgrade? This will be mostly for city use. We have an Ecosport diesel for highway use and longer trips. I told him to look at something higher up the food chain like the Kwid or the K10 automatics, but he doesn't like the seating position in the K10 and says the Kwid is overpriced. I'm not convinced that it's worth buying a new Nano, especially with the killer depreciation on Tata. Thoughts???

Last edited by vivekgk : 25th August 2017 at 17:23.
Old 25th August 2017, 18:10   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

We recently (3 months ago) exchanged our Santro with an AMT Stingray for my mother. I have had the opportunity to use it for some office runs in heavy traffic, and it was quite good fun. Somehow, not having to change the gears and the realisation that there is no way that this car can be hurried made for a more peaceful commute. I tried the manual changes, but found that to be too much of a bother. AMT apart, I find this car to be quite a looker, ever since it came around. It looks absolutely like a Japanese mini should- quirky, weird, but cute. It came to around 5 Lacs, if i remember correctly.
Old 29th August 2017, 14:09   #394
BHPian

Hi All. I am looking for an entry level automatic hatchback for my wife. The following is the scenario outlook:
  • Daily commute is within the city - home to office and roughly 50 km
  • She presently drives Nano XT (manual) - Doesnt want a Tata car due to experience with dealers and definitely not another Nano
  • 3 Options have been considered till date - Grand i10 magna AMT, Wagon R Vxi AMT, Kwid 1.0 AMT
  • She did not like the Kwid due to lag in the transmission
  • Essentially I think the choice is between Wagon R and i-10
  • She liked the ride quality of i-10 but is doubtful of its mileage
Would be really grateful for any inputs.
Old 29th August 2017, 14:15   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekatkar31 View Post
Hi All. I am looking for an entry level automatic hatchback for my wife. The following is the scenario outlook:
  • She presently drives Nano XT (manual) - Doesnt want a Tata car due to experience with dealers and definitely not another Nano
  • 3 Options have been considered till date - Grand i10 magna AMT, Wagon R Vxi AMT, Kwid 1.0 AMT
Hi. The Grand-i10 is a conventional AT not AMT. Typical city mileage is poor (8-10 kmpl) and this is well-documented even in T-BHP forums.
The Wagon-R or Celerio AMT might be a better choice if fuel economy is a priority for you.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 15:39   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Why not consider Ignis Delta AMT. Tts priced similar to i10 Magna Automatic, has more features, including most importantly safety features as standard. You might even get some good offers too.

Over Wagon R, this again provides a safer choice coupled with better engine.

If looks of Ignis concern you, you might want to wait for Diwali when Swift could be launched potentially. I would not consider i10 mainly for sparse feature list in comparison to Maruti and lack of safety features.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 15:46   #397
BHPian

I agree regarding the mileage of i-10 and also, the lack of features is a concern.

Frankly, I have not considered Ignis as yet. It is slightly higher on the price but I can look at it. Thanks for the suggestion
Old 29th August 2017, 17:49   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Looking for some help in choosing an Automatic for the better half.

The usage will be for her daily office runs and the occasional out of the town trip, a monthly running of 800 odd kms.

Have booked the Baleno Zeta CVT as of now, but the wait is agonizing. Pondering over the following options:

Is there anything else that can be considered? Budget is around 10-12 lakhs at the most.
Sorry for Late reply. You might have already bought it.

For 10~12 lakhs budget, best option IMO is Polo GT TSI.

If you not already purchased, give it a try.
Old 30th August 2017, 02:39   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly, I have not considered Ignis as yet. It is slightly higher on the price but I can look at it. Thanks for the suggestion
Ignis Delta AMT is cheaper than i10 Magna AT by about 20k. In Delhi Ignis Delta AMT is priced at 5.72 ex-showroom while i10 Magna AT is priced at 5.94 lakhs
Old 30th August 2017, 08:26   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Ignis Delta AMT is cheaper than i10 Magna AT by about 20k. In Delhi Ignis Delta AMT is priced at 5.72 ex-showroom while i10 Magna AT is priced at 5.94 lakhs
Yeah, that is correct. But presently, Hyundai is giving a HUGE cash discount of 85k on i10 Magna AT, while the Ignis isn't giving a single naya paisa discount. Actually, this makes me doubt the i-10 as to what is wrong that they are giving this big a discount.
So the on-road is coming to 5.68 for i-10 and 6.38 for ignis, while for wagon r, it is 5.15.
Old 30th August 2017, 09:33   #401
BHPian

[QUOTE[*]She liked the ride quality of i-10 but is doubtful of its mileage
[/quote]

To be honest, driving wise torque converters are much smoother that AMT but mileage of i10 AT is pathetic. It takes a while to adjust to AMT. If you know somebody with an AMT car, who can also lend the car for a couple of hours then, you will have a fairer idea about AMT.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:54   #402
BHPian

Quote:
So the on-road is coming to 5.68 for i-10 and 6.38 for ignis, while for wagon r, it is 5.15.
I would still go for Ignis because for 70k you get
  1. Audio System with bluetooth and steering mounted controls
  2. Passenger Airbags
  3. ABS
In addition to this you get additional mileage. If you could wait till end of next month, I am sure Maruti would announce some festive season discounts for a car which is not a hot seller by Maruti standards.

I wouldn't consider Wagon R or Celerio because in front of these 2 quite modern cars, they are quite dated.
Old 30th August 2017, 12:00   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Did you look at Tiago AMT? I think that's a very good .
Old 30th August 2017, 12:03   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Did you look at Tiago AMT? I think that's a very good .
I did, she refused

We have had bad experience with Tata, so very unlikely to go to them again

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I would still go for Ignis because for 70k you get
  1. Audio System with bluetooth and steering mounted controls
  2. Passenger Airbags
  3. ABS
In addition to this you get additional mileage. If you could wait till end of next month, I am sure Maruti would announce some festive season discounts for a car which is not a hot seller by Maruti standards.

I wouldn't consider Wagon R or Celerio because in front of these 2 quite modern cars, they are quite dated.
Wagon R we were considering because we don't want to stretch the budget too much. the difference between it and ignis is more than a lakh in that case. But yes, it is definitely worth the value.... so still deciding

Last edited by ajmat : 31st August 2017 at 09:57.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:32   #405
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All. I am looking for an entry level automatic hatchback for my wife.
The Brio AT might be worth a look too. It comes with a proper 5-speed torque converter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Sorry for Late reply. You might have already bought it.

For 10~12 lakhs budget, best option IMO is Polo GT TSI.

If you not already purchased, give it a try.
Thanks a ton. Wife is sold on the Baleno, still waiting for it.

Last edited by ajmat : 31st August 2017 at 09:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks