Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 505 86.03%
No 82 13.97%
Voters: 587. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 19:12   #676
BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Sent my Baleno for the 15000KM service and ended up paying Rs.5931/-
Is Maruti service that expensive?
They have charged for things not asked for or not required.
Some such items are:
AC Gas Can - Rs.391+tax
Nitrogen gas filling - Rs.100+tax
All brake cleaning - Rs.650+tax

What can i do in this situation?
Will their service reps help or should i contact maruti directly?
Firstly, I think it is just a trick played by few greedy M.A.S.S to call upon so called preventive service schedules.

Secondly, I see that what the 3 items mentioned are just to make upon their targets to reach 3lakhs per month sale targets for which they get a commission of 5 to 6 percent.

All brake cleaning is a checklist point to be taken up at the 3rd Free service. But many A.S.S skip those at that time and bang the price on us in these intermittent service intervals. All brake cleaning is nothing much than loosening the disc brake callipers and then blow high pressure air through their air guns and tighten the calliper.

Didn't you specify the SA to inform him before starting on things he had planned to do on your car?

I don't think there is nothing much you could do now apart from putting up a complaint with NEXA customer care and wait for their responses if any.
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:48   #677
BHPian

Thankyou everybody for the help and advice.

I have contacted the service centre again and asked for a written confirmation of requirement of the 15000km service.

I was not at office when the bill came and the payment was made without checking. I dont use the car myself mostly.

They have also not provided the mud flaps and mats for which we paid at the time of delivery.

Will write to nexa customer care if i dont get a response today.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:03   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sent my Baleno for the 15000KM service and ended up paying Rs.5931/-
Is Maruti service that expensive?
They have charged for things not asked for or not required.
Some such items are:
AC Gas Can - Rs.391+tax
Nitrogen gas filling - Rs.100+tax
All brake cleaning - Rs.650+tax

What can i do in this situation?
Will their service reps help or should i contact maruti directly?
What are the items entered in the job card which you would have signed while giving the car for servicing? If all these items are entered there, then no point in fighting with them now. But still you can escalate it to Maruti.

Here is the link for service feedback/escalation,
http://www.nexaexperience.com/servic...back-form.html

Last edited by arun_josie : 22nd February 2017 at 12:07.
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:53   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What are the items entered in the job card which you would have signed while giving the car for servicing? If all these items are entered there, then no point in fighting with them now. But still you can escalate it to Maruti.

Here is the link for service feedback/escalation,
http://www.nexaexperience.com/servic...back-form.html
So the update is:

I made some noise at the workshop level and the Assistant Workshop Manager just visited me at my office. They will not be able to refund the amount, but are providing a voucher of the value of items wrongly charged. And confirmed that since they have carried out a full service right now, the next service will be due only after 10,000 kms from now.
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:29   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And confirmed that since they have carried out a full service right now, the next service will be due only after 10,000 kms from now.
Good to know about the positive updates. I am not sure how exactly will this work. Does this mean that your future services will be at 25000 km, 35000 km, 45000 km and so on?

I would suggest having this in writing as a precaution. If you have to use some other workshop, they might frown on the service intervals, so it would be better to have it in writing.

PS: Did he have any explanation for calling your car for servicing even when the owner's manual doesn't require a service every 5k km?

Last edited by AkMar : 22nd February 2017 at 13:31.
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:03   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Good to know about the positive updates. I am not sure how exactly will this work. Does this mean that your future services will be at 25000 km, 35000 km, 45000 km and so on?

I would suggest having this in writing as a precaution. If you have to use some other workshop, they might frown on the service intervals, so it would be better to have it in writing.

PS: Did he have any explanation for calling your car for servicing even when the owner's manual doesn't require a service every 5k km?
This dealer is an old trusted dealer and despite this major scam i wouldnt mind sending the car to them throughout.
The explanation was we call them at regular intervals for check-up. the car has done 17000 and next will be the 30k service which i will get done at 28-29k after checking the condition of oil at around 25k.

They are also sending somebody to fit the mudflaps and mats.
Old 24th February 2017, 10:08   #682
BANNED

Here is my 2007 swift VDI service details.Now a days service cost is increasing ,but handles and does its duties without any problem.This gives clear picture of service cost for the last 10 years .
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-car-service.jpg  

balechaparka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 16:42   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post
This gives clear picture of service cost for the last 10 years .
That is some huge service bills you have been paying since 2014. What all have they been doing to generate bills in excess of 30k?
Old 11th April 2017, 18:52   #684
BANNED

Quote:
This gives clear picture of service cost for the last 10 years .
Thank you for sharing the summary of the expenses incurred on your Swift so far.

It is too much money that you have been paying IMHO unless there were issues which needed parts replacement at your cost. If you don't mind for the benefit of all, please post all the service bills? Would be great actually.

PS: I own a 2013 Swift ZDi that has done 1.12 lakh kms and all the service costs incurred have been put up in my ownership thread. I want to compare the prices. Thank you.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 18:49   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here is my 2007 swift VDI service details.Now a days service cost is increasing ,but handles and does its duties without any problem.This gives clear picture of service cost for the last 10 years .
Like other folks have mentioned, the bills are ridiculous! Scheduled services for 30-35k/yr is very high for a Swift.

Please do share the breakup if possible.

The best part about owning a Maruti is the awesome support available even outside the authorized service centers. Did you ever try to visit any of the smaller setups or an FNG maybe?
Old 22nd May 2017, 15:20   #686
Senior - BHPian

Not really service but never the less related to Maruti A.S.S. This happened after a minor incident I had last week.

In order to save a moron coming at high speed(without helmet) from a blind curve and wrong side had to panic brake at speeds of 20ish. Result the two wheeler ended up hitting my front bumper(thankfully at a much slower speed) and a scorpio rear ended me. Don't know why these people specially in the outskirts of bangalore are always in hurry and totally cant maintain a basic safe distance of couple of meters. Never the less thankfully the two wheeler guy was safe as the impact was minimal on him. However the scorpio induced more damage to the rear and ofcourse conveniently fled the scene as I was checking on the two-wheeler fellow's well being(talk about humanity) .

Here are the images after the incident.

Thanks to the scorpio, the hatch door got bent and the bumper got some impact due to which the boot lock failed. Even on locking the car the boot was opening which meant the boot lock wasn't engaging anymore.
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20170520_095612.jpg

Impact by the bike on front bumper.
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20170520_095558.jpg

Took it straight to Maruti A.S.S for inspection and the quoted amount was a staggering 24k(approx figure, could be more as per the dude who inspected). 8k each for both bumper replacement(with paint) and door tinkering(+repaint of the same) another 8k. They didnt even discuss about fixing the thing inspite of asking and stringently said it needs replacement for both bumpers. Fair enough, but 8k for 1 bumper? I was shocked since back in 2012 i had changed the bumper(front) from Jamshepur Maruti A.S.S at exact 4.5k. Agreed we have inflation but twice the price in 5 years was something i just couldn't digest. Plus for a 6.5 year old car I didnt want to spend so much. Post that I happened to come across a car repair shop next to my home where I took a chance. He quoted 8.5k for the entire work. Could have haggled a bit and got it to 7k, but I was too shocked with Maruti quote to say anything and but I was too shocked with Maruti quote to say anything and just gave it to him for the job.

He did fix both the bumpers, repainted them, tinkered the door and wherever the body required plus repainted the whole hatch door as well. Here's the result.
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20170522wa0016-1.jpeg
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img20170522wa0014.jpeg

For me the myth stands busted that a Maruti is cheap to maintain.

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd May 2017 at 15:28.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:17   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Took it straight to Maruti A.S.S for inspection and the quoted amount was a staggering 24k(approx figure, could be more as per the dude who inspected). 8k each for both bumper replacement(with paint) and door tinkering(+repaint of the same) another 8k. They didnt even discuss about fixing the thing inspite of asking and stringently said it needs replacement for both bumpers. Fair enough, but 8k for 1 bumper? I was shocked since back in 2012 i had changed the bumper(front) from Jamshepur Maruti A.S.S at exact 4.5k. Agreed we have inflation but twice the price in 5 years was something i just couldn't digest. Plus for a 6.5 year old car I didnt want to spend so much. Post that I happened to come across a car repair shop next to my home where I took a chance. He quoted 8.5k for the entire work. Could have haggled a bit and got it to 7k, but I was too shocked with Maruti quote to say anything and but I was too shocked with Maruti quote to say anything and just gave it to him for the job.
I'm glad you got it fixed by an independent FNG for a much lesser amount.

A query and few insights for you:

1. Did you enquire at a dealer owned workshop by any chance?? Because such astronomical rates are usually quoted only by them. Normal MASS is still cheaper. I am from Ranchi, and even at my MASS, the price of a Zen estilo bumper plus painting is around Rs. 4,000(Rs. 1295 for front bumper+2500 painting+tax).

The same cost my dealer's workshop becomes Rs. 6,100(Rs.1295 for bumper+4800 labour and tax). Quality of work is same, paint brand used is the same.

In your case, neither the front nor the rear bumper has cracked, so a replacement wasn't necessary at all. I forwarded these pics to my SA, who works at a normal MASS, and he gave me an estimate of Rs.6,000 all inclusive.

So definitely your MASS was trying to take you for a ride. I am happy that you sensed it and moved away.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd May 2017 at 16:24.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:30   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

1. Did you enquire at a dealer owned workshop by any chance?? Because such astronomical rates are usually quoted only by them. Normal MASS is still cheaper. I am from Ranchi, and even at my MASS, the price of a Zen estilo bumper plus painting is around Rs. 4,000(Rs. 1295 for front bumper+2500 painting+tax).

The same cost my dealer's workshop becomes Rs. 6,100(Rs.1295 for bumper+4800 labour and tax). Quality of work is same, paint brand used is the same. ..
Actually I have got the car here in Bangalore now with me. The Jamshedpur pricing was at the dealer owned MASS itself back in 2012, so the price you quoted for Ranchi I can relate to.

Yes, I enquired at Dealer owned MASS here as I have been getting my car serviced there since last 2 years after getting the car here.

The bumpers did crack if you zoom in. But it wasn't substantial warranting a change due to which I specifically asked them if they can be fixed but as you said they were in mood of taking me for a ride and I would have been taken for the same if not for some threads here where I have seen people getting things done way cheaper from outside. I have been fleeced by them earlier in the name of wheel rotation as well. But now after spending good amount of time on the forum I can look out for better options. God bless team-bhp

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd May 2017 at 16:33.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:38   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
The bumpers did crack if you zoom in.
Precisely why I said it can be fixed. I've experienced worse crashes than these, and my bumper were repaired flawlessly by my MASS. There is one very funny incident which I can relate to: Recently the dust cap of my 800's lower arm got damaged, and dust cap isn't available separately. I went to my MASS to get the lower arm changed, but my mechanic said that the joint is absolutely fine, and that he'll change only the dust cap ingeniously. Not that I had asked him to do so, but I was amazed at his ingenuity. Of course not to mention that the MASS owner was slightly disappointed because when he was expecting a bill of around 1400 rupees, my car was repaired for less than 100.

Approximately 2 years ago my car was rear ended by an alto, and then a pulsar. That twisted the bumper, but luckily no dents were there. I was ready for a new bumper, but see how ingeniously they repaired the bumper. And the total cost was just 73 bucks.

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-20150811_143542.jpg

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-20150811_151922.jpg

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-20150811_170639.jpg

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-20160319_025141.jpg

So it all depends on the ethics of the mechanic and SA, whether they wish to fix or replace. Unfortunately it is the latter which is the flavor of the season.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd May 2017 at 16:51.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:46   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

So it all depends on the ethics of the mechanic and SA, whether they wish to fix or replace. Unfortunately it is the latter which is the flavor of the season.
I guess since this is the appraisal season his ratings might be questionable, hence he tried to get some revenue

Another point the behavior of the SA was really high-handed/rude. Guess the NEXA jingoism along with Baleno/Brezza's runaway success has got into their heads lately. Next time during my periodic service will point this out to their supervisor

For an upgrade I was eyeing the Baleno CVT or Jazz CVT. Baleno just lost its advantage(of being a maruti) in my books. Will compare my Brio(back home in kolkata) and Estilo maintenance expenses now to get an idea before taking any decision.

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd May 2017 at 16:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks