Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 24 4.15%
Other (Please specify) 45 7.77%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:56   #166
BHPian

Re: Worst car on indian roads!

Omni definitely makes a case here. Wonder where it would rate on the international crash test.

And to add to it most of these are driven by notoriously bad drivers. Sitting in the front passenger seat and braking hard just inches behind a large truck or a Bus is an experience best avoided.
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:14   #167
Senior - BHPian

Voted OMNI. Maruti has a fleet of ugly cars (IMO) but this takes the entire Cakeshop !!

I can never forget this incident all my life and if had my way, would have probably sued Maruti for even designing such a car let along selling it.

Back in 2002, me and a close friend were in Coorg during our college vacation. We were using his bro's Omni for some local drives. During one such drive through the country side, we were driving down an incline at around 50-60km/hr when a mongoose scurried across. My friend braked hard to avoid squashing the vermin. The next thing we know, is:

...we were doing a 'Stoppie' in an Omni !!

The car toppled and we were really lucky to escape with minor injuries since the road was not a regular metaled one and also was a soft pathway.

P.S - Me & My friend had never tried a stoppie even during our cycling days.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd January 2015 at 14:17.
Vik0728 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 17:52   #168
BHPian

Ritz sold 400K cars and most of the T-BHP reviews are positive. See link for the 400K sales since launch in 2009

Ritz sold 400K cars since 2009 in 7 years in India. See link: http://www.newindianexpress.com/busi...s-1575124.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Cant agree with u more.

The Ritz has got the ugliest rear end in any car ive seen.

And the Estilio looks like the Wagon R's identical twin.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:26   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Ritz sold 400K cars and most of the T-BHP reviews are positive]
Yes, ritz is one of the best cars ever made for Indian roads. Extremely underrated but way better than swift or any other in that price range. They can say ugly rear, this and that but it does the job of a car supremely. Sad they discontinued it for the ignis which in fact I feel is the the most ugliest car on Indian roads right now.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:37   #170
BHPian

Omni as the name suggests is basically a mini cargo van, where Maruti installed rear bench seats to make it into a small car.
Natt1948 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 23:49   #171
BHPian

Can't agree more.
Ritz is one of the best cars from Maruti and was real Value For Money compared to Swift.
  • High driving position and more comfortable to drive than Swift.
  • The noise insulation was better than Swift
  • Great height with a tallboy design
  • No problem car. Can see only positive reviews of the car
Very sad we no longer see Ritz on the roads.

To call this car that sold 400K units in 7-8 years of existence as a failure would be most unfair. It is one of the most successful and liked Maruti's ever

If Swift was Sachin Tendulkar, Ritz was Rahul Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Yes, ritz is one of the best cars ever made for Indian roads. Extremely underrated but way better than swift or any other in that price range. They can say ugly rear, this and that but it does the job of a car supremely. Sad they discontinued it for the ignis which in fact I feel is the the most ugliest car on Indian roads right now.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 00:37   #172
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 5th March 2017 at 19:57.
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd March 2017, 01:37   #173
Senior - BHPian

One of the most IRRELEVANT polls as its too generic.

Worst in what aspect, Build quality, Reliability, Safety, A.S.S., Image, Resale, etc.

For me it was Omni but I have very high regards for Omni due to its no-nonsense - reliable - workhorse image and despite so lonnnnnnng period have passed since it was launched there is absolutely NO competition in sight. Also take into account millions of small to medium businesses who swear by the Omni for its multi-purpose roles played by it at that price point and which can easily be still used as a private car without taxi image.

For me the worst car among the contenders is Scorpio which is not so comfortable due to straight back seats, No safety ratings and the most importantly the image created by M&M and the owners of Scorpio that is of a road bully.
Old 3rd March 2017, 01:43   #174
BHPian

Voted for the Omni.

I remember as a kid being in one which toppled over on to its side.
It is a very unstable and unsafe vehicle....maybe the most unsafe on Indians roads.
Old 3rd March 2017, 01:59   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
If Swift was Sachin Tendulkar, Ritz was Rahul Dravid
Wow can't agree more. What an analogy...:thumbup:
Having said that, I think the design of ignis is such that it will grow on you. Remember when swift was launched, people hated it and it became the most liked car later on.
Ignis probably will do the same.
Shashankjk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:13   #176
Senior - BHPian

Worst car in terms of overall experience (to me) is TATA Xeta (Petrol) with BRC MPFI CNG kit..All the niggles on earth.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:28   #177
BHPian

There is a worst car and then there is a car you absolutely hate.

It is pretty odd question to be asked on our forum but I would like to put my neck on the block and ask. Which is that one car you absolutely hate? I, for one, is so close to the cars that I presume them to be live characters, machines with soul. Every time I look at any car, it comes across as a living being with something to say or express through its stance, appearance, exhaust note, color and more.

But I always wonder whether everyone here has more or less same feeling or one actually hates some car. There are even some people we hate as soon as we hear about them or see them or think about them. What about cars?

Would love to hear if at all someone hates some car and the reasons behind it. Reason could be anything below and more –
  • Character of a car (looks, image, exterior design etc)
  • Prior experience with car
  • Any incident related to car which resulted in hate
  • Configuration
  • Just like that
yogesh.8984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 15:42   #178
BHPian

My vote goes to Others as my choice is the first gen TATA Indica diesel. Crude engine, bulbous looks, low on power, highly unreliable, poor interiors, more than 2500 weld points, low on safety kit et al.
Old 26th December 2017, 16:18   #179
BANNED

Interesting thread there.

"Worst" Car means different things to different people and to me, it means a car which looked bad, was unreliable, wasn't supported by the manufacturer for service, has bad resale value and was a sales flop.

Most importantly, it should be a car which lets its customers down.

The unfortunate winner of this thread, the Omni, thence, to me, is amongst the BEST cars India has had so far. It is affordable, practical, spacious, frugal, bulletproof reliable, has 100% OEM support and is a sales blockbuster.

The Omni has/is been the quintessential workhorse, one size fits all, breadwinner for millions of families and small businesses for decades now.

While it is very easy to bash an Omni and blame it for the accidents people have apparently had in it, there no data to prove that it is the "Killer Car" of India as has been portrayed in this thread.

So, what is the worst car in my opinion? the Standard 2000.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 17:36   #180
BHPian

Having owned an Omni and a palio stile 1.1 before, the choice was the palio for me.
Pros of the palio:
Very good build quality

Cons:
- Lack of competence at service centers to diagnose problems in the electronics
- Expensive spares, since it was pulled out of production all over the world and Fiat seemed least concerned about supporting existing customers.
- Poor reliability and constsnt niggles.
- Nonchalant manufacturer attitude

The Omni was terrible as far as safety was concerned, but was incredibly reliable and abuse friendly. It was the exact inverse of the palio
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks