Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 17:28   #106
BHPian

I would vote for Tempo Trax
Old 14th December 2007, 13:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Me too. Palio Stile is a better looking than lot of cars sold in India. It is only under powered. But that should not make it to qualify for this list. If Palio can qualify, then how come M800, Wagon R, Estilo, Santro are not there in the list.
Palio is the best looking among those you have quoted. It is also built quite solid. The 1.6 does away with the deficiency of power.
Old 14th December 2007, 14:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Reva is that a vehicle? i thought its something u give ur kid to drive around in the compound
That is a good one
But I read somewhere that it is selling like hotcakes in London.
Old 14th December 2007, 20:15   #109
BHPian

Voted for Omni because this is one car that is unsafe on the roads and even more dangerous because it being used extensively as a "City" Taxi. The rear seats in Omni are the most uncomfartable ones around. Shame on Suzuki for criticizing the Tata 1 Lk car when they can sell a car as bad as the Omni.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:46   #110
BHPian

All the cars on the poll except the san storm and chinkara exist for a reason. There is a market for them, so they exist.
The worst car would be the one that is not road worthy, for which the owner is responsible. India should have a system of MOT like in UK to test the road worthiness of vehicles more than three years old.
Old 15th December 2007, 21:12   #111
BHPian

It would be better for people to explain why the cars are the worst. What are the parameters? I think most of people claim the car that they dont own as the worst car . Not all cars selling in large quantities are good and similiarly not all cars whose sales volume is low is bad, It all depends on the public hype and image
Old 25th February 2008, 09:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is a good one
I guess there are only 2 places where the Reva sells in good nos, London and Bangalore. I had seen only 2 Reva's in mumbai ever since it was launched. Here in BLR, 3-5 Reva's a day (all are different!).
Old 25th February 2008, 10:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

all the cars mentioned has a purpose and none can be evaded.are all those really bad ,saw most of you had omni as a bad car.i know its not a rocket from the starting board but it has some purpose.imagine the daily fmcg guys selling small items to the shops,the best mode of transport is the omni-with the sliding doors,amazingly practical.
ram
Old 26th February 2008, 13:11   #114
BHPian

Dont feel that the Reva is a bad car because it isnt selling in India. The lack of sales is gotto do with its pricing in Indian market. 3 lacs for a 2 seater micro car is just too much. Also the Reva has absolutely not marketted itself properly to appeal to the indian mass and lot many people dont even know that a battery car such as reva is available in indian market. Accepted that its a tiny overpriced car with absolutely no looks and features, but defenitely have to give points just because its the very first attempt at a car that runs on unconventional fuel technology. A bigger battery pack and a bigger car like the prius and better pricing can probaby do the trick for maini's.

As far my pick, it has to be the omni. Gets pretty scary when you are zipping in the highway. The last car that u would want to be on Indian highways.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:06   #115
BHPian

Omni... Its convenient when it runs... and compensates for that when it crashes...
Old 28th February 2008, 15:08   #116
BHPian

I rate palio estile 1.1 the worst from ths list, since this is one car which scares even the palio die hard fans.

The other cars like omni, trax, sumo they have a purpose...and they are targeted at a certain segment....and so no complains on them

Sanstorm - they tried something new......no other established manufacture has not even attempted till now....
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:18   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is a good one

You should see the topgear episode where Jermey Clarkson compares it with a Table. You can search the youtube for that video.
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:46   #118
BHPian

Most cars mentioned here serve a purpose. The same cant be said about San Storm. It was a disaster. Surprising to see Omni leading the poll. Hey, the worst car in India is also used as an ambulance. Very interesting indeed.
Old 1st March 2010, 14:43   #119
BHPian

I also would rate omni as the worst car on the Indian roads.
Old 1st March 2010, 16:17   #120
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Surprising to see that the "Worst Car" in India is still selling 7,700 units a month. ACI - March 2010.
As others have pointed out it serves the purpose for which it was built. It cannot be treated as a car.
I owned one of the first few "High Roof" vans (Jap engine) and had it for 10 years. 72,000 Kms on the clock when I sold it. Bought for Rs. 68,000/= and sold for Rs. 86,000/= in 1995 .
Yes! You read that right.
Did any number of highway trips in it. No problems so to speak. No accidents either. Total cost of repairs etc. over 10 years (not counting consumables) was probably about Rs. 10,000/= max.

Regards,

SS
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks