Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 24 4.15%
Other (Please specify) 45 7.77%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2006, 20:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

I am a little surprised to see results.

When people say Sumo is bad which version of sume are they talking about?
Because first batch was horrible, but then since launch of intercooler model things have gotten better.
Our family has intercooler version & earlier had one too. Never driven earlier model but even sitting on front seat was terrible experience.
I have driven Sumo (new one; will refer to as Sumo only) at speeds of 100kmph & it does feel stable enough atleast in straight line.
I agree sumo isn't the best of car but it does its purpose which is to carry goods from one place to another. & it does it pretty well. & it was never supposed to take turns at 80kmph.

Same story is with Omni, not the best of car but its suppose to be city good transport vechical. Omni is a big hit between courier companies

I would vote for Omni peoples carrier aka Omni 8 seater.
Old 1st February 2006, 21:04   #47
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
When people say Sumo is bad which version of sumo are they talking about?
at least, I was referring to the non-turbo one!.. thats the one I have a driven...
Old 1st February 2006, 22:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

That should be Maruti Omni. Its kinda ok if ur driving real slow, but scares the $hit outta you if u drive or corner hard. There is absolutely no stablity in this car, and the brake's are almost useless but the have improved in the newer versions.

Tempo Trax and older Sumo are equally bad. Don't ever get one if ur gonna be driving fast unless u have a death wish
Old 1st February 2006, 22:55   #49
BHPian

sumo isnt a bad vehicle ,,arennt there any points for vehicle which was the best for about five years till qualis(II) launched.yup maybe it has problems but tata was into the passenger vehicle with this beauty which still rules highways ,the night patrollers ,calcentre cabs .well it cant be built like a pajero or lcruiser if u want it wait ill tata develops for that class .it has psteering probs ok,but dont other cars have manymarutis face the same prob.
sumo was terrific on highways during the time when highways werent as good as now(india risng(bjp))look back into 1990's roads were bad even qualis would need to go for a service just after every500kms
What about putting amby here brothers i say no classic should be named a bad one if it was a bad car not many of our grnadpa maintain the beauty just like granny
it did not do as good qualis or even sumo just coz it did not seven seating capacity .i still remeber my parents used to always say onlyon amby not on maruti or sumo it was comfortable .Just loved those bucket seats.
scorpio tanveer i dont think is eligible for the title .please spare it we all know what sorpio is for the indians by an indian

omni is ought to be getting the award it should have been stopped after the launch of versa sadly maruti udyog never wants to rest any machines in their factory nor do give a proper facelift stickers and crystalclear headlamps is the meaning for facelift according to them. i once wanted to send a letter to maruti reagrding a design for letting thesales of omni to kick like beckham...please dont laugh this was my plan about three years
design a seven seater cab which looks like the big three wheeler autos which are sold in india
this would be better than seven seater autos ,reduce the costs by almost 30% so near the cost of them .and maurti engine of course road safety of passngers and other commuters .those buggers never learn driving (they do direct parcticals before practicing)but only lpg .DID ANYONE STOP LAUGHING.

but sincerely telling do not vote for sumo, amby,scorpio

Last edited by trinadha : 1st February 2006 at 22:58.
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:03   #50
BHPian

sumo, i feel is a very dangerous car..and give to a bird brained taxi driver..it has all the recipe for a nice accident..
Old 2nd February 2006, 20:54   #51
BHPian

hey adit if give any car to that lil grey matter guyz its gonna be dangerous. so are sumos only cars to get off wrecked by those idiots .its their driving which make us feel sumo is bad ,just coz they(sumo) are cheap they get access to them,next check had tavera been as cheap as sumo it would been on the list ,and qualis too if u load with some 80kgs average persons say about ten(same numbers and more get into sumos)it will get oversteered for sure
Old 3rd February 2006, 12:30   #52
BHPian

The San Storm in my opinion is the worst car in India.
What is it supposed to be anyway?????
I guess any car can whip it's ass anyday.
Old 3rd February 2006, 12:41   #53
BHPian

OMNI is te worst of all
Old 3rd February 2006, 20:46   #54
BHPian

[quote=trinadha].
sumo was terrific on highways during the time when highways werent as good as now(india risng(bjp))look back into 1990's roads were bad even qualis would need to go for a service just after every500kms

Sumo is great vehicle for its price. Its got a bad name because of the awful service that comes with it, only because the manufacturers feel that they are still dealing with Lorry drivers. The Authorised service stations do not follow the rule book or the service schedule for that matter. I think if someone maintains a sumo the way it should be kept as mentioned in the service schedule of the Owners manual,one would enjoy its drive.

I have driven a Sumo Victa GX turbo for a few thousand Kilometers on all types of terrain & you will be shocked to hear that no other vehicle could come closer to its handling, accept the Safari. The Victa is a true Off Roadrer. Any other vehicle would topple at the turns taken on high speeds but this one feels like it is stuck to the ground and that too when the roads are wet ansd slippery.I personally feel that Tatas have not Marketed this product well.

Varun Roy, sold his Sumo STD. for Rs.3,00,00/- after using it for almost 6 years and 1.5 lakhs KM. I also happen to know the purchaser, a resort owner at north Karnataka and he is mighty pleased with it. BTW, even he is a return customer as his earlier one was also a Sumo.

You may call it ugly, but worst, definiely not. The very name suggest it is robust over sized japanese wrestler and it wrestles the Indian road conditions with all its abilities.

Last edited by soccer : 3rd February 2006 at 20:54.
Old 3rd February 2006, 21:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if the San Storm should be on the poll. Its was a failure and has been withdrawn from the market, while all the others are still being sold.
Old 3rd February 2006, 21:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

@Mpower: nope, the san storm is still available in the market. but it's selling for 6.15 lacs on-road, thane. at that price, i'm really unsure what the company is up to - don't they know any other means of ruining their names and fortunes..? or perhaps the makers decided to go down the hill in style...
Old 4th February 2006, 15:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

[quote=soccer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
You may call it ugly, but worst, definiely not. The very name suggest it is robust over sized japanese wrestler and it wrestles the Indian road conditions with all its abilities.
The Tata Sumo is not named after Japanese wrestlers. Sumo is an acronym derived from "Sumant Moolgaonkar" who was the Managing Director of Tata Engineering for some 35 years and who was responsible for building up the company into an Indian auto giant.
Old 4th February 2006, 15:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

For me the car to have the worst car tag is the san storm, that car just doesn't deseve the price tag of around 6 lacs.
Old 4th February 2006, 15:57   #59

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Old 4th February 2006, 16:49   #60
BHPian

hey directinject i did not call sumo ugly but i am for not aginst got it kyaaa
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks