Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 12:07   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : Now delayed

@Naparajito : Thank you for the scoops. Any scoops on interior updates of the Etios ? I hate the central console dash. it looks like stickers and the fuel counter is an after thought, i know they wont change it immediately but any scoops on that front ?
Old 18th April 2011, 12:31   #62
BHPian

Good news Naparajito. More competition in the already competitive hatch segment. Another price war to storm the industry.

Your scoop seems to conflict with the press news just released 2 weeks back. This for Toyota is aggressive. But who doesn't want a good share of the market the way the industry is growing?
Old 24th April 2011, 18:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Ya it's a confirmed news. They are gonna launch the fortuner 4x2 and auto box in dec and all new innova by nov.
@ Naparajito - Whats the source of your information? Launching Liva in June and with Diesel... seems too many wishes coming true...

On one side there are articles floating in news papers about 30% production drop in Toyota India factories. And on other side this quote from you!!!
Old 2nd May 2011, 19:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Today morning i saw an electric blue toyota etios Liva,near gandhi bazar bangalore.It was devoid of any camouflage,and was running red number plates.

The car looks really good,could catch only the back side as it went past be.Very ell designed rear.I feel it sits a bit lower than the Etios.That electric blue colour though really bought out the lines.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:14   #65
BHPian

Saw a couple of Toyota Livas on the way to Mysore followed fiercely by an Etios. Was barely able to snap a couple of pictures as they zoomed by me.

Light blue Liva followed by the Etios behind it.....

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-img_0680.jpg

Was able to get behind the 2nd Liva. It had the Toyota emblem on the grill in front which I spotted in the rear view mirror so I knew it was the Liva. The rear had some masked badging on it....

New Altis Launch 16th June !!!   New Liva Launch 27th June-img_0681.jpg

Cheers!

Prajwal

Last edited by prajwalkashyap : 9th May 2011 at 11:15.
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 11:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Toyota is giving a Liva a through road test on the Mysore highway.
Old 16th May 2011, 15:35   #67
BHPian

Seems the Launch is not back to June 2011 and not 2012 ?
"We are now all set to launch the Etios Liva. The launch will be as per schedule in the last week of June," said Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director, marketing.
Toyota Kirloskar Motors to resume full-scale production from May 20 - The Economic Times
Old 16th May 2011, 16:36   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Liva to Roll Out soon. EDIT : End-June Launch confirmed!

Typically Toyota! Under-promise and over deliver! Operations to be resumed earlier than expected, on the 20th of May, 2011

Quote:
Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. (TKM) today announced that it will resume normal operations earlier than expected. In the wake of disruption in supplies the company had earlier suspended production on Mondays and Fridays between April 25 and June 4.

TKM’s parts sourcing is getting back on track, production will return back to normal levels starting 20th May, 2011. Plans are afoot to recover loss of production and reduce the waiting period. The plant will function on all weekdays and some of the non - working Saturdays.

Mr. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director, Marketing, added “We are now all set to launch the Etios Liva. The launch will be as per schedule in the last week of June.
Old 16th May 2011, 17:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

What is the likely engine output of the Etios Liva? Also, will there be any significant changes on the inside, compared to the Etios sedan?
Old 16th May 2011, 17:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

^^ The engine is a 1.2 Litre MPFI Petrol unit with an max output of 80bhp. Not sure of the other specs, and the car is light @ 890 kgs which should make it quite peppy.

Wonder what the waiting period will reach when this launches !
Old 16th May 2011, 18:12   #71
Senior - BHPian

@fiat tarun, Hey thanks a lot bro. 80 bhp and 890 kg combo sounds really juicy! And since the Etios sedan is already being appreciated for its handling, Voila! A hot hatch in the making
Old 16th May 2011, 18:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Wonder what the waiting period will reach when this launches !

I guess the overall demand for new cars will fall /slow down owing to high interest rate and high fuel prices.
I guess the LIVA is coming with a petrol engine and with petrol prices going North there will be a some lull in demand. Some other factors like the launch of new Swift can also lure away lot of LIVA’s potential customers.

Finally ,good to know that Liva is getting launched without further delays.
Old 16th May 2011, 19:37   #73
BHPian

June launch for petrol liva,and when will the diesel be launched.I am in the market for a diesel hatch.Waiting for launches is frustrating with petrol price hike every quarter.
Old 16th May 2011, 20:41   #74
BHPian

Inbetween Toyota India've got enough time to lavish its ETIOS range with diesel powerplants, as they got everything in its hand like New Manufacturing facility, New Platform, already deployed 1.4 D-4D diesel engine(in Corolla) & last but not the least-Huge fan following to accept it.
Ford India have managed to do this with Figo from day1 & that's why they're riding on a huge success today.

Don't Why the Japaneese giants(Toyota, Honda, Suzuki) are so slow in doing their Homework.
Old 17th May 2011, 00:02   #75
BHPian

I just wonder if Toyota is planning to launch the base Liva without a power steering to make the base price tag look more appealing than the segment leader (Figo? Swift? i20?) and then go the Etios way and underequip and also put a higher price on the higher variant than the segment bestseller (like they did with the Etios against the DZire's equivalent trim). I hope they don't but can almost see it coming. No room for complaint though with waiting periods in months.

Last edited by Delta Wing : 17th May 2011 at 00:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks