Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 17:45   #3106
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Hi all ,

Finally I have recd. official email from ford , they are inviting all for a display of ford ecosport at "Infinity Mall " Near Goregaon Sports Complex, Link Road, Malad West, Mumbai on 15-17 march 2013

Regards
Amol
amolathalye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 19:00   #3107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi all ,

Finally I have recd. official email from ford , they are inviting all for a display of ford ecosport at "Infinity Mall " Near Goregaon Sports Complex, Link Road, Malad West, Mumbai on 15-17 march 2013

Regards
Amol
That's great news. Get a concrete date if you can.

OT: This by far is the most extensively discussed thread about a car which hasn't even launched in India. (Correct me if I'm wrong, mods)

My oh my! I suppose one would have to camp a day in advance to book their car. Or maybe two days.
Old 12th March 2013, 19:41   #3108
Senior - BHPian

Excellent UNSEEN videos the Ecosport:

Warwithwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 20:38   #3109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi all ,

Regards
Amol
Wow!! Its Infinity 2 on 17th. Are they going to launch it on 19th here too?
Old 12th March 2013, 20:51   #3110
BHPian

Ford's innovative pre-launch campaign for the Eco-Sport:

http://ecosportdiscoveries.co.in/

Hope they price it well.
Old 12th March 2013, 21:49   #3111
BHPian

@ limited-edition,

This can be interpreted in different way. Few years back, one can buy a sedan car in range of 8-10L. But thats not the case anymore. Today, C. Segment sedan starts from 9l and goes till 12-13l. Budget constrained people will obviously have to choose the car within their budget. So, they stick to premium hatch backs. This may be a reason for higher sales numbers of i20 etc.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2013 at 20:55. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 12th March 2013, 23:16   #3112
BHPian

Hey guys just got a tweet from Siddhart Vinayak Patankar from the Car & Bike show. According to him the Launch of Ecosport is still 6 to 8 weeks away. If the Launch is so far away, expect the delivery to start from July.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-image2925634145.jpg

Last edited by musclecar : 12th March 2013 at 23:32.
musclecar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 06:57   #3113
BHPian

Hi guys,
@ChennaiBHPians: Any news about mall display of the EcoSport in namma Chennai?
If the deliveries are going to begin in July, adding couple of months for deliveries down here, I think I am wasting my time waiting for it, might as well book my previous choice, i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post

Nice potshot on the name there, the oxymoron bit, that is
I was also bit peeved with the guy mispronouncing the car's name. By the way, this guy is Mantra, RJ of a popular FM channel in Mumbai, and runs a show called Mumbai Local.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

And appears on the SAB TV show - comedy circus. And trust me, he is no where near being funny (at least on TV). I'm so surprised that Ford picked him?? Weren't there any other worthy contenders to shoot for Mumbai?
Sorry guys, my bad! I mistook him for the Pakistan actor Ali Zafar for some strange reason (I think my focus was only on the car), that's why mentioned him as the 'Pak. actor'. But for the crime committed, he can be called worse, I guess.

I know am going OT here, pardon me, but which brand in India do u guys think pulls off the best TV ads? My best will be Honda(Jazz and Brio).

Cheers,
D.
Old 13th March 2013, 12:04   #3114
Senior - BHPian

Ford is still pretty tight lipped officially.

Quote:
Dear Mr. Sundar ,

Firstly we thank for having shown interest towards our product.

We wish to inform you that at present we are not in a position to commit a launch date since the schedules have not yet been released, kindly bear with us .We kindly request you to be in touch with our dealership (your nearest dealership) who would be in a position to keep you updated on the progress to ensure that once the booking is open you are intimated.

We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it.

Thanks and Regard,
Abesheik.H,
FIL - Customer Relations,
1800-425-2500 BSNL/MTNL 6000-2500 Add STD code of your state capital

Sent: 12 March 2013 06:01 PM
To: Customer, Care (.)
Subject: Ecosport

Hi,
There is a lot of confusion about Ecosport being displayed starting this week in malls across India. I called the local dealer in Pune (Talera Ford) but he didn’t have much clue.
Can you let me know if at all this is true? I’ve delayed my decision to buy the Vento just to take a look at the Ecosport.
Thanks!
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 17:29   #3115
BHPian

Ford is very clever,the launch will be around June,so to keep the interest going in prospective customers they are launching campaigns like urban discoveries to buy time and showcasing the ecosports in malls rather than showroom to keep the buzz alive
Old 13th March 2013, 18:18   #3116
Senior - BHPian

The 4x4 Duster is expected to launch this month

I hope the Ford launches the EcoSport before the midlife facelift of the Duster. The wait is getting painfully long and might make potential buyers lose interest on an otherwise (assuming) good product!
Old 14th March 2013, 10:55   #3117
BHPian

I was looking at the board and under the Indian Car Scene, this thread has got the maximum replies when you talk of a car specifically. Barring the XUV, this thread again has got the maximum number of views. So much talked about this vehicle and it is still another 3 months away probably
I am betting that we would hit 5000 replies by the time the vehicle launches. We have crossed 3100 already
One question is on the body construction. Are we now saying that it is not going to be as tough as the Fiesta ?
Cheers
Old 14th March 2013, 11:42   #3118
Senior - BHPian

Had a word with the Ford dealers in Kolkata. They are still in the dark about the exact launch date (lots of confusion in-house). They have taken some pre-launch bookings but are not sure whether these can be honoured (they may have to refund the booking amounts). Cars will be sold on a lottery basis and the number of cars sent to each dealer will be very limited initially till the Gujarat plant goes live. The dealers are banking heavily on the EcoSport, especially after the Fiesta fiasco. Figo remains their main bread earner, but they desperately need another big seller in their fold.
So, everyone's waiting impatiently... and after what they told me, it seems the wait could continue for most :(
Old 14th March 2013, 12:22   #3119
BHPian

Ford has put up several comments in The official Ecosport FB page, stating that Ecosport will be launched post the Ecosportdiscoveries competition. And as per contest rules, the selected few get to drive the vehicle for 3 weeks and then a winner will be chosen for a free Ecosport. So it would be a good 2 months atleast for launch. Dont expect delivery before July 2013.

Quote:
From FB post of Ford Ecosport: "we appreciate your interest in the EcoSport. EcoSport will be launched post the completion of this pre-launch campaign. So, watch this space and register here to receive regular updates. "
Old 14th March 2013, 12:50   #3120
BHPian

This wait for Ecosport has assumed "Stomesque" proportion, too much talk and no real action.

Ford should have launched by now.., may have lost a good amount of buyers because of these delays.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks