Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2013, 00:49   #3076
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

That spare wheel hanging out back is an open invitation to thieves. I hope Ford provides some neat OE lug-lock on that spare wheel. I am not much fan of after-market stuff.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 07:41   #3077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Launch this week. More details soon.
How soon? What are your sources?

I doubt the Mar 15th rumor is because of this? Like someone else mentioned, Ford has had a media preview before the launch in all countries where the car has been launched so far, including Brazil, Argentina and China. I'd assume Ford would do the same for India too.

I'd love to be wrong on this one though

Last edited by sharninder : 11th March 2013 at 07:41. Reason: typo
Old 11th March 2013, 08:03   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Q.2. Will the ecosport launch with the 1.0l 3 cyl ecoboost? Also, can someone explain to me why a cast iron engine block is used instead of all aluminium?
Although cast iron would seemingly be a disadvantage compared to aluminum, the engineering teams had managed to create a block that was “competitive” in terms of weight with that of aluminum, while offering significant advantages regarding warm-up and reduced friction.

You can refer the full technical details of the 1.0L Ecoboost engine in the below mentioned SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) article ---> http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/10714
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 12:45   #3079

Mody Ford, Hyderabad confirms that EcoSport will be on display at Inorbit Mall, Cyberabad from the 19-21 Apr 2013. Pre- booking not yet started. Preparations are on and in a day or two , they will start pre-booking.
Old 11th March 2013, 13:19   #3080
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
That spare wheel hanging out back is an open invitation to thieves. I hope Ford provides some neat OE lug-lock on that spare wheel. I am not much fan of after-market stuff.
Should be fine really, They would logically also provide a lock option for the wheel, but today if the spare is going to be stolen the guys will in roughly the same time also take away the remaining 4 wheels from the vehicle and leave it on stilts.

Used the safari without a lock on the spare wheel (infact no cover even - just the exposed alloy directly mounted) and it was fine. Yep it could be a problem in some places if one parks on the roads etc. but then if a professional thief can remove the spare wheel unnoticed then so can he remove the remaining 4 wheels while at it.
Old 11th March 2013, 15:11   #3081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
but then if a professional thief can remove the spare wheel unnoticed then so can he remove the remaining 4 wheels while at it.
Stealing a spare-wheel is lot easier. Just remove 4/5 nuts and wheel is in your hand. The car-wheels on the other hand have to be supported by a jack. And setting a jack up takes much longer time, unless they bring in work-shop jack whih lifts a car up by jus one single downward stroke.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:21   #3082
BHPian

Just got word that demo vehicles have reached a certain Delhi Ford Dealership.

Dealer is accepting pre bookings and has already amassed close to a 150 bookings.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:02   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Offtopic:

A friend of mine accompanied his friend to the infamous spare part bazaar of Chennai in a XUV. My friend was there to take care of the car as the place is particularly notorious and his friend was out shopping parts for his bike. My friend was leaning on the driver side door resting on the hood, when he decided to walk around to the other side of the car, he was shocked to see a 12 year old boy busy removing the front wheel of the car after removing the rear wheels and neatly balancing them over bricks.

All this, when my friend was there resting on the car and never felt anything that made him feel that someone was in contact with the car. My friend caught the kid, slapped him, there were a few people who obviously came to cover for the kid and left the place when friend told them about his political contacts and the usual Chennai language.

All this happened in broad daylight at 3PM in the noon. The thiefs can surprise you if they want to, thats how quick they are! You are underestimating them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Stealing a spare-wheel is lot easier. Just remove 4/5 nuts and wheel is in your hand. The car-wheels on the other hand have to be supported by a jack. And setting a jack up takes much longer time, unless they bring in work-shop jack whih lifts a car up by jus one single downward stroke.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 19:29   #3084
Senior - BHPian

Called Talera Ford in Pune to enquire and they mention that they have no news of the Ecosport launch. They are not taking any bookings (pre-bookings either) and the launch is expected only next month.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:50   #3085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Launch this week. More details soon.
Mate can you please update on more details.
The wait is killing us all !!
Old 11th March 2013, 20:42   #3086
BHPian

saw an AD on TV for EcoSport to log on to ecosportdiscoveries.in .

The youtube video is here :
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 20:51   #3087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
saw an AD on TV for EcoSport to log on to ecosportdiscoveries.in .

The Youtube video is here : http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=X331ykW6NLc
Nice video.

But why is he calling it the echo-sport ??
Old 11th March 2013, 20:54   #3088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Offtopic:
friend was leaning on the driver side door resting on the hood, when he decided to walk around to the other side of the car, he was shocked to see a 12 year old boy busy removing the front wheel of the car after removing the rear wheels and neatly balancing them over bricks.

All this, when my friend was there resting on the car and never felt anything that made him feel that someone was in contact with the car.
All this happened in broad daylight at 3PM in the noon. The thiefs can surprise you if they want to, thats how quick they are! You are underestimating them
OMG, So now they get trained by what McLaren Pit crew or what?
OT: In Slumdog Millionaire when the kid says 'u want to see real India, here is a piece of it', I was kind of offended, guess I shouldn't have been after all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post

Nice video.

But why is he calling it the echo-sport ??
I know, right? I had the same reaction when I first saw that ad. Big goof up by the producers of the ad, more so by the pak. actor. I hope people on the streets don't start calling it EchoSport now after the ad, that would be shame.
I mean, its such a nice name EcoSport, especially considering its almost an oxymoron.

Cheers,
D

Last edited by delta5 : 11th March 2013 at 21:01.
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 21:18   #3089
BHPian

Ford is readying the launch of Ecosport in China on 19th March. The engine options available will be 1L ecoboost and 1.5L petrol.

Source : http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/44...ndia-price.htm
Old 12th March 2013, 09:12   #3090
BHPian

I went to get my Fusion serviced last weekend to Metro ford. I spoke to the services head and the showroom manager on when they expect the Ecosport to get launched. I was informed that they are expecting a couple of vehicles to come in by the 28th of March and to be showcased in their showroom then. On the actual booking they did not specify a date but said that it will be very soon and delivery would happen probably a month or so away from booking date.
Cheers
subraiyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks