Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 14:12   #2326
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
As per the current report, only petrol will have the AT. This is not yet confirmed. This is news got from various sources. Reliable or not, have to wait couple of months.
AS per some info from insider, the diesel auto is almost ready and they are shooting for a Deewali 2013 launch .(Means Diesel Automatic will not be avialabel at the time of initial launch)
Old 14th January 2013, 14:29   #2327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
AS per some info from insider, the diesel auto is almost ready and they are shooting for a Deewali 2013 launch .(Means Diesel Automatic will not be avialabel at the time of initial launch)
Don't get me wrong but I think your inside source maybe referring to the power shift automatic petrol variant and not diesel. I'm saying that because nowhere in the world do ford have an automatic transmission for diesel engine and they will not design one especially for India. That too design it in India seems next to impossible since ford don't have any gearbox r&d centre in India.

I think we are getting carried away with these inside sources vs reality and what is actually possible.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 22:54   #2328
BHPian

While Ford is delaying Ecosport month on month, Renault is completely milking Duster. Another price hike of 25k, almost 70-damn-k since the launch. Regret creeping in for a futile wait...I bet Ford will take due advantage and price Ecosport higher than the would have thought. :-(((

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th January 2013 at 04:40. Reason: Please refrain from using non-standard acronyms such as ES. Corrected this time round. Thanks.
Old 14th January 2013, 23:27   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Ford has never commented about an AUTO diesel. In fact, there is no AT mating done in other markets for the Ecosport in Diesel. As the day goes by, now companies may be re-thinking how the indian fuel market will tranform to.

The other confirmed option for AT diesel is Cheverlot Trax which gives around 16 to 23 kmpl on 1.7 Diesel vcdi. As you know cruze AT is available in Diesel . So this may also follow that.

The AT, ford may offer is the powershift one with all the other SUV goodies (HLA).

hg

Last edited by humveeguy : 14th January 2013 at 23:35.
Old 15th January 2013, 00:22   #2330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I'm saying that because nowhere in the world do ford have an automatic transmission for diesel engine and they will not design one especially for India. That too design it in India seems next to impossible since ford don't have any gearbox r&d centre in India.
Besides these points, I don't think Ford's dual-clutch transmission for the Fiesta will be able to cope with the diesel-motor's torque. So the Fiesta's DCT in the EcoSport diesel is a no go.
Old 15th January 2013, 07:13   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Don't get me wrong but I think your inside source maybe referring to the power shift automatic petrol variant and not diesel. I'm saying that because nowhere in the world do ford have an automatic transmission for diesel engine and they will not design one especially for India. That too design it in India seems next to impossible since ford don't have any gearbox r&d centre in India.

I think we are getting carried away with these inside sources vs reality and what is actually possible.
I asked specifically the same question and their point that, as India is going to be the export hub it makes sense to have an auto option possible for diesel as well and they can use the same one for other models as well. I was not having info about the gearbox R&D centre in India. I will check with them on this and sure will update thread.
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 08:26   #2332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm saying that because nowhere in the world do ford have an automatic transmission for diesel engine and they will not design one especially for India.
Be careful about how you say it. Ford does have an automatic transmission for diesel engine, it is in Endeavour.
Samurai is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 14:24   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
While Ford is delaying Ecosport month on month, Renault is completely milking Duster. Another price hike of 25k, almost 70-damn-k since the launch. Regret creeping in for a futile wait...I bet Ford will take due advantage and price Ecosport higher than the would have thought. :-(((
I wonder in this 70k Hike Renault should have come with better interiors as well. All though the ride quality is superb; the interiors does not feel like a 11 lakh car.
Old 15th January 2013, 14:39   #2334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Be careful about how you say it. Ford does have an automatic transmission for diesel engine, it is in Endeavour.
I was hoping someone would correct me and I also had an inkling that it would be you!!

I don't think that truck AT transmission even fit in the Ecosport engine bay.
Old 15th January 2013, 20:38   #2335
Senior - BHPian

This waiting is going to be a killer job afterall !! When will FORD ever bring a TD vehicle for the potential customers ? I have not found any better alternatives so far, hope the waiting is worth every penny !!
Old 15th January 2013, 22:02   #2336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
As per the current report, only petrol will have the AT. This is not yet confirmed. This is news got from various sources. Reliable or not, have to wait couple of months.
Petrol AT is also fine with me if Ford prices it under 12 lacs on-road in Blr. I only hope it gives a mileage of atleast 10 Kms/ltr. There is nothing that can beat the refined behaviour of a petrol...this I am saying after driving a C 250 Cdi Avantgarde.

Last edited by shabash : 15th January 2013 at 22:10.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:15   #2337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I was speaking to a Ford employee.He has confirmed that launch is delayed till June and could be delayed further till August!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Looks like localisation is the issue here.However,this delay will surely cost Ford some customers,including me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
According to a trusted source, Ecosport is still in pre production state. They have identified various issues from road tests and are in the process of fixing it. Launch will have to wait for another 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Interesting... unlike the Indian car makers, these guys want to fix all the problems before the launch. Wicked concept!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I feel they have identified some major issue during the initial road test runs. Don't think any small issues will cause such a long delay, specially when the platform its based on, is already tested in India.

I have my doubts set on the Ecoboost engine. That seems to be the one thing that untested in Indian conditions, and they could have run into issues with it. Low quality fuel, may be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokztar View Post
Seems the delay is owing to the high level of localization Ford India is targeting for the ecosport and not due to any technical issues with the car..And the official launch may in fact only happen in the middle of the year...
The Ecoboost engine may NOT be the actual problem for the delays!

A friend of mine talked to someone from a Ford dealership and the guy says there is NO way Ecosport would come in March 2013. Now the interesting part is "Ford is re-working on the interiors of Ecosport to incorporate the new face-lifted Fiesta (Aston Martin grill version) interiors"! And this is causing the delays. I cant vouch for the authenticity of the claim, but it seems quite legitimate. From some news, the facelifted Fiesta also is coming soon. And it makes business sense to upgrade the Ecosport interiors so that they don't have to work later and also helps build the scale of production right away!

And yeah, one of the major turn offs of the current Fiesta is the interiors. So could be expect a better interior?! May be yes!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 15th January 2013 at 22:17.
swiftnfurious is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 22:30   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
I was hoping someone would correct me and I also had an inkling that it would be you!!

I don't think that truck AT transmission even fit in the Ecosport engine bay.
Focus has a 2.0 L engine with powershift (DCT) transmission. Our Current Fiesta has the downsized version of this engine so getting an automatic transmission on this engine is also not that big problem
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 23:36   #2339
BHPian

Brand new video (Ecosport caught again).

Feel it has got very good road presence.
bageherath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 00:03   #2340
BHPian

A week ago, around 8 am on the morning of 8th January 2013, I saw these 2 Ford EcoSport urban SUVs between Chengalpattu (Chingleput) and Villupuram (Vilupuram) on NH 45 (National Highway 45) not far from the Ford manufacturing plant at Maraimalai Nagar, 45 kms from Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. One was Black and the other Silver in colour. Both had number plates with white lettering on a red background.

Both the vehicles had a sticker in the rear wind shield/ wind screen that said, "VOCF VEHICLE ON TEST." Based on a Google search I am wondering if "VOCF" stands for "Voice of Customer Fleet Testing." Does that indicate anything regarding the expected launch date of the Ford EcoSport in India?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-black-1-09012013448.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-black-2-09012013447.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-silver-1-09012013446.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-silver-2-09012013443.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ford-silver-3-09012013444.jpg  

Murugan is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks