Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 00:10   #2341
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

I think its a good thing that they are doing this amount of testing rather than the painful and costly recalls later , I do see many of the ecosports over here in Phoenix and the front grill is too jarring for my senses...purely my opinion.

slightly off topic and could not resist ...'VOCF' in the above pic might stand more ''V'oefully Off Color Ford'
Old 16th January 2013, 01:05   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
I think its a good thing that they are doing this amount of testing rather than the painful and costly recalls later , I do see many of the ecosports over here in Phoenix and the front grill is too jarring for my senses...purely my opinion.

slightly off topic and could not resist ...'VOCF' in the above pic might stand more ''V'oefully Off Color Ford'
The ecosport is in the US? Or you are seeing some sold in let's say Mexico or so that are driven across the border?
Old 16th January 2013, 01:50   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The ecosport is in the US? Or you are seeing some sold in let's say Mexico or so that are driven across the border?
My mistake I suppose about the exact name , it might have been badged differently . I will try and get a picture of the same. I have seen this new model of Ford couple of times near my workplace.

Last edited by mazda4life : 16th January 2013 at 01:50. Reason: Typo
Old 16th January 2013, 01:51   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My mistake I suppose about the exact name , it might have been badged differently . I will try and get a picture of the same. I have seen this new model of Ford couple of times near my workplace.
It must be the Ford Escape. That is a much larger car, the size of CR-V, as a reference.
Old 16th January 2013, 02:33   #2345
BANNED

Quote:
you may have seen the Cmax hybrid, or the Escape. Ford has a smaller 4 cylinder option called the Eco Boost and sometimes has this badge at the back.

The original small SUV Ecosport was designed for Brazil/S. america, and this new version is a global car built in India, nothing like it is available in the US. I have been looking at Mini Countryman, this would have been a much better/inexpensive option.

BTW, what mazda do you have? I have a CX-9 and I love it, absolute joy to drive.

Last edited by prasadee : 16th January 2013 at 02:35.
Old 16th January 2013, 02:42   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
you may have seen the Cmax hybrid, or the Escape. ...BTW, what mazda do you have? I have a CX-9 and I love it, absolute joy to drive.
The reason why I posted was that I am sure that I saw a new and smaller model of the Ford , I have driven the Escape and this SUV that I reported was smaller than the Escape...will be staking out to get a snap and post it.

The front grille of the Ford model resembled a open jaw of a fish ...and to answer your question on Mazda, I used to drive CX-9 before moving on to my current drive.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 17:28   #2347
BHPian

Shreeji Ford Thane representative called me and informed me about start of official bookings. They have said that they expect a launch in Feb end with deliveries starting from March mid to end. Rs 25000 fully refundable incase you don t like the vehicle. The only reason I can give weight to this news is because , Shreeji Ford had never taken any pre bookings before this whereas other Ford Dealers were. Can people confirm with their local dealers.? I have already booked a Duster and with reports from fellow BHPians about niggles , I m tempted to look at Ecosport as an option.
niket.dhirai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 18:29   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reason why I posted was that I am sure that I saw a new and smaller model of the Ford
Did you spot 2013 Ford Edge?
Old 16th January 2013, 21:08   #2349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Did you spot 2013 Ford Edge?
The Ford Edge is again a class bigger than the Escape. I think it must have been the C-Max that he spotted.
Old 16th January 2013, 23:51   #2350
BHPian

I am slowly losing interest in the thread! I booked the duster and then cancelled it waiting for the Eco-sport. Now with Duster increasing the prices again, i think they know ecosport is getting delayed & hence trying to milk the opportunity to the fullest as they are known for. I thought i will book the Duster again but with this price increase, i think its better to book the VW Polo/Vento (who are giving fantastic offers) or Fiesta AT at a good deal.

Confused!
Old 17th January 2013, 00:02   #2351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I thought i will book the Duster again but with this price increase, i think its better to book the VW Polo/Vento (who are giving fantastic offers) or Fiesta AT at a good deal.

Confused!
If you have to decide between a Duster and Polo/Vento/Fiesta, you should check on your priorities in terms of need. I say that because, as you pointed Duster pricing is obscure. Its definitely not worth the price.

But more importantly in your priority of requirements any of those GC/Space etc like items are at the top of the list which you cannot compromise, then Duster comes into consideration, else not.

But if you come from the other side; A budget to start with and what best can be achieved with that; then yes, you will include all the choices into the picture and it can be quite confusing.

Compact SUV pricing would be very tricky and thanks to our love for SUV, it can become illogical too!

I hope I have to confused you more ! (All I am saying is stick to priorities, and choices will automatically become clear)
ampere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 00:34   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The Ford Edge is again a class bigger than the Escape. I think it must have been the C-Max that he spotted.
I think you are bang on, I cross checked the Ford website http://www.ford.com/cars/cmax/ and it appears to be the same one that I had spotted. Thanks !!
Old 17th January 2013, 06:48   #2353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
I am slowly losing interest in the thread!
I am not surprised. Ford has done this before with the Fiesta – an initial unveiling followed by all the hype and build-up, and then finally launched the car with a killer pricing, which literally killed the car.
I hope history does not repeat in this case.

-------

When I spoke to the dealer a couple of weeks back, they were hopeful of a launch by end March. And mentioned that service personnel training have not started, but the car is undergoing extensive testing in Cochin and other cities across Kerala.
Old 17th January 2013, 07:12   #2354
BHPian

:-[ . Launch is definitely not before June end. Could be due to delay in further localisation of parts.
But one expects pricing, variant mix and color options to be spot on, atypical of recent Ford launches. Come July, roads should be littered with this CUV. Or so they think. EcoSport is a hatch on high heels after all, and Ford wants to do another Figo with this.

Arrogant Renault and their dealers - have some more extended period of fun & gluttony :-\.
spinfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 09:41   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
One was Black and the other Silver in colour.
These pictures clearly show what would be missing on base variant on the outside:

No Alloy wheels
No Rear wash/wipe or defogger
No Roof rails
No Rear fog lamp (would they give twin reverse lamps instead?)
No chrome overload (from previous pictures of black ecosport)
No body coloured ORVM/door handles but turn indicators in ORVM is still there. Good move to ensure they don't need to have two sets of fenders for base and higher variants.

Note: @Mods, image upload from url under Manage Attachments seems to throw invalid url message. Please help with resizing the images

Last edited by zenren : 17th January 2013 at 09:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks