Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:39   #2461
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
My current ODO reading is 96k and my BIL's reading is 99K+. I have heard from my service advisers about cars with more than 1.5k.
And the engine feels smooth and powerful like new or have you/BIL noticed any changes over time?
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:56   #2462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post

Good that someone brought this up. I have heard far too many people saying that the diesel engine in Ford vehicles is pretty useless after 70K odd KM's. Needs major work(not sure what exactly) and NVH goes for a toss too. How true is that? Any fellow BHPians who have long term experience with the TDCI engine?
Yes. I have a 62k kms old figo tdci. I have been experiencing engine clatter like the tappet sound. I haven't yet got the time and space to address it. I am presently stuck up at a place where the nearest ford showroom is 90 kms away. So once I get to the SC, I could update as to how major this work would be. But as till date, I haven't been faced with any major work as such.

And there's no change in NVH. It still remains the same as it had been earlier. At this point i submit that the NVH levels of figo is nothing great to write home about
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:17   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
And the engine feels smooth and powerful like new or have you/BIL noticed any changes over time?
I haven't noticed any drastic change in the power, But its definitely not the one when it was new. But this is expected, i believe. Otherwise, pretty decent (touch wood)
sbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:19   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....I have heard far too many people saying that the diesel engine in Ford vehicles is pretty useless after 70K odd KM's. Needs major work(not sure what exactly) and NVH goes for a toss too. How true is that? Any fellow BHPians who have long term experience with the TDCI engine?
This statement would make an Award winning entry in this thread.

At the end of the day, all that matters is how well you maintain your vehicle.

Even a Toyota could go bad in 50K kms if not maintained properly. On the flip side, a ford would hold up well even after 1.5 or 2 lac KM if maintained meticulously.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:25   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good that someone brought this up. I have heard far too many people saying that the diesel engine in Ford vehicles is pretty useless after 70K odd KM's. Needs major work(not sure what exactly) and NVH goes for a toss too. How true is that? Any fellow BHPians who have long term experience with the TDCI engine?
1.02L Kms on a friends Ford FigoTDCI,and its still going strong,engine sounds, as good as new
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:33   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Coming back to Ecosport vs Duster I feel the engine of ES still has a long way to go. Today when I took a Meru Logan cab to the airport, the car looked a bit old. I curiously asked the driver about the mileage. It had run 3.5 lakh Kms without any major repair. It seems his friend has done 4.2 lakh Kms without any major repair till date. These figures speak volumes about the duster engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Agree on your points on the Duster/Logan engine life. But for personal segment, a trouble free 1.5L kms should make sense and nothing more than it. Yes, for a very small percentage, another 50K-1L kms will be nice to have. But since ES will NOT be looking at a taxi segment, there is hardly any negative feedback going to come based on it.

And as far as I understand, even the 1.4L TDCi easily lasts a 1L kms. The new 1.5L should be better considering it's a newer technology.
Those kind of high mileage is only expected out of taxis and their wear and tear is very different compared to an avg joe commuting to work and driving only 20-30 kms a day in a bumper to bumper traffic. In Bangalore I have come across Ikon and Fiesta cabs with 1.4 TDCI engine having 2.8lac+ kms on the odo and running fine without any major overhaul. 95% consumers probably wont log more than 1.5lac kms on there cars in a lifetime.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:03   #2467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I dont see the luggage interfering with passenger safety unless it is a rear ending. In case of rear end collision, I doubt if the passengers would survive even otherwise if the impact is huge for the contents of the boot (loaded only till the specifed height of the boot) get pushed to the passenger area.
It's the same thing as can make un-belted-in rear passengers lethal to the front passengers as well as themselves, and that you experienced with the tissue box. When you stop, the luggage doesn't. I'd agree that this really should not be a problem with normal domestic loading below seat hight, but I don't have anything to quote on that.

Your airport-trip load criterion is a good, practical, one for this sort of a car. Most of us do a railway/airport meet far more often than we do a washing-machine shift. Washing-machine weight is more important than size. Back in 1990, on shifting jobs, my UK Ford Fiesta hatchback company car was passed on to a colleague who screwed the rear suspension ...by shifting a washing machine!
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:40   #2468
BHPian

I have 2006 Fiesta TDCi done 1 lakh KM, it is absolutely working fine without clutch/gearbox/suspesion change till now. I have only changed engine and timing belts belts till now.
Old 22nd January 2013, 16:46   #2469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Member unni.ak has a Fiesta TDCi which is about 80k+ IIRC. You can check with him on the longevity and experiences so far.
Old 22nd January 2013, 17:42   #2470
BHPian

Ford begins shipping EcoSport to its retail outlets, India launch any time now ...

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...y%20time%20now

Is it true? Can anyone confirm
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:21   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Ford begins shipping EcoSport to its retail outlets, India launch any time now ...

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...y%20time%20now

I didn't know that the 1 litre Ecoboost engine is a diesel variant as claimed in the article. Why can't they verify the details properly before publishing.
Old 22nd January 2013, 18:50   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
What kinda precision can you expect from people who can't even get the basic facts right

This looks more like a ripple effect caused by the pics reported few pages back. There is no official word from Ford as yet!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 22nd January 2013 at 18:54.
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:27   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

What do you mean front tyres?
Did you not rotate them?
Rotation was done at 10K kms. Even if Rotation/ Alignment was Missed or faulty, shouldn't it have lasted for more? Ford washed their hands off, blaming it on the Lenso Samurai Alloys on the car! Per Ford logic, any non OEM alloy wheels' fitment will result in excessive tyre wear, suspension damage, steering column damage and what not! Though I did not buy their finding, I had to switch to a pair of Michelins, which had no excessive wear and look in good shape post 10K kms or them.
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:36   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Anyone made Ecosport price guess?
My guess is between 10L-13L.
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:45   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Anyone made Ecosport price guess?
My guess is between 10L-13L.
Ford would be super glad if everyone predicted this kind of pricing !

This is a sub 4m vehicle at the end of the day and is not a luxury car to command such premium pricing. Anything above 10L won't work. The top end has to be under 10L.

Like most people have predicted, it should be around the 7-10 L range.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 22nd January 2013 at 19:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks