Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2013, 10:50   #2356
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Clearly the boot-door is hinged on the left side. That's bad, Ford should have changed it.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:06   #2357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Clearly the boot-door is hinged on the left side. That's bad, Ford should have changed it.
Why? Its less of a walk for me when I exit out of the driver side and walk back to open the boot!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 11:16   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Well that's clearly a cost cutting measure taken by Ford, because correct me if I am wrong but I do not think its easy to switch the hinges from left to right because that will involve costs for dyes to manufacture right hinged doors and ultimately that will increase final cost . I own the safari and I can say I have hardly opened the boot door and if I have done it then it is only for airport trips, shopping or at home when the vehicle is parked properly so I dont think opening the door on the left or right will be such a deal breaker for the customers interested in the EcoSport.

I have a small question though, in the pictures on the previous page the Ford ecosport base version is missing some features,if I were to buy the base version can we install the OEM roof rails to the base version easily or wont it be possible? Also can I expect the base version of the Ford to incorporate ABS in it?
Old 17th January 2013, 14:56   #2359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post

I have a small question though, in the pictures on the previous page the Ford ecosport base version is missing some features,if I were to buy the base version can we install the OEM roof rails to the base version easily or wont it be possible? Also can I expect the base version of the Ford to incorporate ABS in it?
Roof rails seem to be available only on the top variant based on the various test mule sightings. We should be able to install OEM roof rails without much hazzle but I have a strong feeling it could be priced at a high premium, just like the OEM spoliers and alloy wheel. We should be able to get reasonably priced aftermarket roof rails though.

On ABS, it would be just wait and watch. Considering Duster doesn't have it and Maruti offering it on all variants of Ertiga (which could mean the same for X Alpha too), it could go either way.
Old 17th January 2013, 18:27   #2360
BHPian

spotted by my friend yesterday. He was in his palio and had hard time keeping up with ecosport. He was praising about how good the pickup was.

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-img_0672.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-img_0673.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-img_0674.jpg

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-img_0675.jpg
klassics45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 19:51   #2361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
spotted by my friend yesterday. He was in his palio and had hard time keeping up with ecosport. He was praising about how good the pickup was.
Looking at the pics, I see the small ecoboost badging and going by your friends comment that the pick up was good is very good news. Some apprehension about how this engine will perform can be put to rest.
Old 17th January 2013, 21:38   #2362
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I was driving to my native on 12th Saturday morning around 7 am on the NH45 from Chennai where I spotted an Ecosport zoom past @ 150kmph (I was doing around 140k). The car was so fast that I could not overtake with my Figo. I wanted to have a close look again hoping it would slow down sometime. Luckily saw the car parked on the road side after few kms and could not see anyone in the car.

Saw the driver coming from the backside of a tree, I was able to gather some info...

1. Driving between 150-160kmph
2. Engine pickup is top class
3. Has Excellent braking (This I noticed from the back)
4. Better road grip at high speeds
5. Price - around 7.5 lakhs
6. Tentative launch - Ford's Lucky month - March

Note: Photos are taken with my ordinary mobile
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport2.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport4.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport5.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport6.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport7.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport8.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport9.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport10.jpg  

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport11.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 17th January 2013 at 21:48.
RGK is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 21:55   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post

6. Tentative launch - Ford's Lucky month - March
Gosh, thats a nice catch! Just when i was leaning towards the Duster once again (i booked and cancelled the Duster earlier due to the ecosport), once again hope glimmers through. This is the Titanium Ecoboost engine right? did you check if it has an automatic gear? I am still willing to wait for 3 months if i know ecoboost engine with Automatic gear would be available.

I sold my Swift and I hate driving a santro (nothing against the santro since it was my previous car but I want to move up). The suspense is killing me.

Last edited by urajkumar : 17th January 2013 at 21:59.
Old 17th January 2013, 22:07   #2364
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
This is the Titanium Ecoboost engine right? did you ask if it has an automatic or manual gear?
Sorry Raj.
He came after a bio break and wanted to leave the spot soon.
The driver was not interested (may be instructed by the company) in answering any of my questions. Somehow managed to get these by asking, " you were driving so fast, what speed sir?". "super sir"...

I was able to locate other shades like Lemon Yellow, Blue after few kms. Hope the cars are under rigorous testing.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:08   #2365
BHPian

This is teasing of colossal magnitude!!!! Every time they postpone, I see a Duster and come back, Renault rubs salt on wound raising prices every other month, and you see a gorgeous picture of the Ecosport and the fancy things it supposedly did on the road, and voila, u melt and start waiting again....

My Swift's gone, my standby Uno which was supposed to be for 1 month has stretched for 3 months...

I so hope the march thing is true. But prospects are grim because the bells & whistles on the Ecosport are off from the Ford India site.
But hey,try india.ford.com/ecosport ( stumbled purely by intuition), there is a contest to win a Ecosport!!!! (links not working though) Hehe I think they are still building the site, and I bumped into it.

Also, the Ecosport is available in the drop down for test drives?

So, what does it mean, is the launch around the corner?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-ecotest.jpg  

Last edited by Gizmokid : 17th January 2013 at 22:24. Reason: adding the update on ford site
Gizmokid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:16   #2366
BHPian

Don't know if this has been discussed but looks like the top-end TITANIUM variant has full keyless entry as it has request sensor on the door handles(also on the back door one)
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:35   #2367
BHPian

In RGK's photos, I can see a button next to the driver side keyhole , so I guess the top version will also have a start stop mechanism built in. I guess as stated by the driver the release might be soon and Ford must be rigorously testing these vehicles as a final precaution because any mistake in terms of pricing or the vehicle can lead to major loss for Ford as same as what happened with them with the Fiesta.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:28   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I was driving to my native on 12th Saturday morning around 7 am on the NH45 from Chennai where I spotted an Ecosport zoom past @ 150kmph (I was doing around 140k). The car was so fast that I could not overtake with my Figo. I wanted to have a close look again hoping it would slow down sometime.
@ RGK: Since you had a close look of this beauty, did you get to have a look at the interiors. I'm sure a lot of us are dying to know about it.

BTW, i just noticed that the Discover More about Ecosport link on Ford India website is not working anymore. Earlier the Ecosport was also mentioned in the SUV category as "upcoming" but not anymore. So my guess is, as pointed out by Gizmokid, they are working on a separate page. The launch is nearing by any means.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:41   #2369
BHPian

Hi guys,
Called up my local dealer's SA and asked him about pre-launch booking for Ecosport, but the fellow was reluctant and said no booking is being done,etc. though he promised to find out from his seniors when I insisted on paying up in cash. The only good news is he said that release will be in Feb. will update you guys if I hear from him.

Cheers,
D
Old 17th January 2013, 23:55   #2370
BHPian

The scheme that Gizmokid is referring to, is called the "Ecosport Urban Discoveries". Check out this link-

http://http://www.india.ford.com/ecosport#
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks