Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 09:19   #211
BHPian

re: Believe in rebirth? Which old car would you bring back on sale & why?

I would want Honda to launch the OHC Vtec, the thai spec version. The thai spec had Airbags, ABS, all 4 disc etc.

A hoot of a car do drive and also, amazing mileage!
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 10:02   #212
BHPian

I fully agree with ssjr0408. My daily drive is ohc vtec. I am addicted to this car. The low slung seating, wonderful steering,great engine gearbox combination an engine that sings along till 7500 rpm -- all this have me hooked on to this car. And it's has been with me since 2001 and 165k km. still I am in love with this car. I really wish if they could resurrect this one please.
princemanatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 10:36   #213
Senior - BHPian

S2000 and The Contessa Childhood dreams
Old 18th October 2014, 11:01   #214
BHPian

I would like to bring back Tata Sierra with the customization of rear section glass only console with windows.

The car has all the style and looks for both professional and rugged driving.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 11:14   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
I would like to bring back Tata Sierra with the customization of rear section glass only console with windows.

The car has all the style and looks for both professional and rugged driving.
That large glass section in the rear was one of my favorite areas of Sierra. Would love it if they introduced that style in some new models. Most of the folks would anyway drive around with windows closed. So may be they should add a sunroof instead of trying to convert that rear area into windows.

Frankly, Tata is anyway not striking volume segments these days. May be they should target some of these lifestyle vehicles where there is no competition. Moreover, people who buy these lifestyle vehicles are the type who are usually willing to take a risk with Tata since it wouldn't be their daily ride in most cases.

Last edited by zenren : 18th October 2014 at 11:16.
Old 18th October 2014, 11:38   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we can add the Honda Civic too. My dream car! What classic low slung looks, aggressive front, Honda reliability and a fantastic driving unit. What else do we want in a car?
Old 18th October 2014, 12:13   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I think we can add the Honda Civic too. My dream car! What classic low slung looks, aggressive front, Honda reliability and a fantastic driving unit. What else do we want in a car?
Not to mention the futuristic dashboard and speedo console.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 17:17   #218
Senior - BHPian

My dream re-births- List of top 10:

1) Mitsubishi Lancer(old)- Nothing comparable to the driving dynamics. Was a looker too
2) Ford Mondeo- Another Driver's delight.
3) Ford Ikon 1.6 Nxt- The power, the looks and the aggression.
4) Skoda Octavia vRS- Need I say more
5) Maruti Zen- The peppy hatch which set the road on fire
6) Palio 1.6 GTX- The Legend in the Ferrari red.
7) Honda Civic- Futuristic Dash, road hugging dynamics
8) Fiat Uno- One of the most spacious hatches. Killed in youth.
9) Tata Sierra- The looks. If looks could kill, then Sierra would have been the "killer".
10) Contessa- The true Indian Muscle car.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:30   #219
Senior - BHPian

Old Honda City VTEC, any day!!! This car is an icon, a boy racer, a reliable office conveyance, an unbeatable rally platform, best ever track competitor in its class and few classes above....power, handling, economy, blah blah blah....its Honda's contribution to mankind
Old 18th October 2014, 17:49   #220
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

They should just bring back the Tata Sierra - thoroughly updated with a nice refined 2 litre or 2.2 litre turbo-diesel engine developing a nice warm and healthy 170 BHP, oodles of torque, a nice Borg-Warner 4WD system (with 4L transfer case), limited slip differential, Manual and AT variants of gearboxes, at least 2 or preferably 4-6 Airbags, ABS, Traction Control, ESP and all the rest of the safety kit. 4 Disc brakes. Nice fat tyres. A little, lightly rubberised body cladding around the extremities, including the wheel arches etc (well finished, with finesse) and a simple 4 - 5 seater configuration with some nice supportive, comfy bucket seats and with a nice luggage bay at the rear.

Heck, what an iconic vehicle that was! And in the mid '90's when for my first car, I could only afford an ancient 14 year old Maruti 800 DX, I used to lust and ache after the Sierra so much that my insides used to hurt and my heart used to ache, just to see one passing by. At the time it was priced at around 6 or 7 lacs Rs and was about as reachable/ achievable for poverty stricken young me, as a trip to Venus!

And in a fit of desperation in 1994-1995-1996 sometime, I remember even subscribing two or three times over, to OUTLOOK magazine, in the hope of winning a Tata Sierra which at the time was a GRAND PRIZE - based on a lucky draw, for all 5 year term subscribers! Of course, my luck being what it is, in these "games of chance" or "games of skill" as they were wont to describe these "lucky draws" then, I never won...

Maybe we should start a TBHP+FaceBook petition or one of those Internet Signature campaigns and beg Mr Tata to bring this vehicle back with all the above specs and price it at about 10 lacs + Taxes to make it about 12 lacs on Road.

For sure, it will prove to be a solid, worthy competitor to the Duster, Terrano, EcoSport, Scorpio, XUV, Bolero, Safari Storme and all their ilk!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th October 2014 at 17:52.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 17:55   #221
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Zen Diesel with a 1.3 liter Fiat Multijet motor in 90 Bhp-200 Nm state of tune.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 18th October 2014, 18:49   #222
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6S. I know the Classic is still being sold, but is incomparable to the S.
The remapped ECU, harder suspension, bigger wheels and the aqua-marine blue and not to forget the 1.6 motor!
Old 18th October 2014, 18:54   #223
D4D
BHPian

Maruti Esteem for the simple reason that it's has aura about it which not many other Indian cars have.
Super awesome space, a great G13BB motor, and the favourite of many rally enthusiasts.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2014, 18:56   #224
Senior - BHPian

I would not bring any Old car on earth even if I get power to bring any of them back. Cause I am no fancy of old technology and I only like newer versions of car.

My firm belief is whatever is the reason those are obsolute and past. Lets move forward and see the newer things than thinking about past.
Old 18th October 2014, 23:07   #225
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Esteem , all these years and the car still feels good. No harm in reviving it. I'm never going to sell mine.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks