Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 01:07   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
Must've been a busy day for him or just bas timing. He was very calm and patient when we spoke and answered everything I had asked about. I mentioned about tbhp and to expect many more calls which he welcomed. Anyways do keep at it and share your experience for everyone to benefit from..
I finally had a decent chat with him. Unfortunately no luck. He can't get long enough cardboard tubes for packing so he can't ship. Without it the film will get damaged in shipping for sure. If it does get damaged and he replaced it then he will lose money and if I pay for it then it won't be cheaper than similar options. Fair enough, makes sense.
Going to opt for Garware Ice Cool shield for now. Similar film with decent pricing.
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:18   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I finally had a decent chat with him. Unfortunately no luck. He can't get long enough cardboard tubes for packing so he can't ship. Without it the film will get damaged in shipping for sure. If it does get damaged and he replaced it then he will lose money and if I pay for it then it won't be cheaper than similar options. Fair enough, makes sense.
Going to opt for Garware Ice Cool shield for now. Similar film with decent pricing.
ah well. Makes sense. Do let us know the cost and heat rejection effectiveness of what you pick
Old 16th September 2021, 15:48   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I am looking for some protection from sun ray's and found this, which is specific to my i20 https://www.autofurnish.com/premium-...rear-2pc-black
They are not magnetic so I've no idea on how they fix to the windows, but the picture shows a neat application and the price is
Attachment 2184419

Anyone with experience with these? Like to hear your views.
I eventually bought these from Amazon. They are quite helpful in reducing the sting of Sunrays on the skin. The view from drivers side is not clean in that the border of the screen cuts through the Orvm. On passenger side its fine. Very little reduction in light when viewing from inside
Looking into the car from out, not much is visible.
The wire border is strong and fits between the glass and window frame. So winding windows up and down would be difficult I presume. So thus far I'm using it on rear windows in city and plan on using on fronts too on highway drives. Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-img_20210916_144606_dro.jpg
Looking into the car, the rear windows have the screen
Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-img_20210912_070949_dro.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-img_20210912_070941_dro.jpg

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-img_20210914_074352_dro.jpgpicture taken shows slight reduction in visible light from inside the car

For 7xx/- it's a great buy
Old 27th January 2022, 19:56   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I eventually bought these from Amazon.
For 7xx/- it's a great buy
After a few months of using these I eventually discarded them. The cut off on driver's side orvm was distracting and moving the windows up and down with it fitted was not something I'd like to do.

Eventually went for 70% VLT Garware ice cool shield on 5 windows and am very happy with these. Yes, I know it's not within the law but....it's hardly noticeable.

Surprisingly, now I check out all cars on the road for sunfilm and I find about half the cars have them. Some really obvious (I'm not counting the political /connected types in Endeavors or Innovas who have really dark film).
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 20:24   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After a few months of using these I eventually discarded them. The cut off on driver's side orvm was distracting and moving the windows up and down with it fitted was not something I'd like to do.
Those are fine for use on doors other than driver's door. The distance from driver makes it easier to see thru them. However, if there is anyone in the specific seat - I am sure they will complain some time or other.

For me, film on front is most useful - helps reduce strain on eyes when driving during day. And that makes driving that little extra easier & safer.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:16   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Has anyone tried the automatic (pull-up) sunshade from Carhatke?

I'm in search of rear window sunshades for my Sonet. I found one on Carhatke but the pictures they've shown are generic, and therefore I have no clue about the fit/quality. I contacted them to see if they can share a real picture but they didn't.

Attachment 2181641
https://carhatke.com/automatic-side-...-for-kia-sonet

They've listed the same for almost all the cars,
https://carhatke.com/index.php?route...dow%20sunshade

If not the same, any pointers to similar products would really help.
Hi Robin,
Did you buy from Carhatke ?
If yes, appreciate your feedback on the product as well as their service.
I am planing to get the ones for Brezza. I found Autofurnish also has the same products ( Pricing is almost same ) but based on mixed reviews - not sure where to buy.

Regards,
Ananth
Old 11th February 2022, 18:29   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Hi Robin,
Did you buy from Carhatke ?
No, I didn’t. Actually, I don’t see this product available for Sonet anymore. I’m still searching for something like this.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:38   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
No, I didn’t. Actually, I don’t see this product available for Sonet anymore. I’m still searching for something like this.
Thanks for the response Robin. Looks like Autofurnish also doesn’t have this automatic sunshade for Kia Sonet (Though they have it for Kia Seltos). Let me wait for some days and see if someone provides any feedback on your / my previous posts. Otherwise I will buy from anyone of them and provide feedback

Regards,
Ananth
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 01:48   #804
Senior - BHPian

Any updates from those that got the spray on sunfilm coating ? No update in that thread for a long time so Im assuming it didn't last long
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 13:04   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
I got one installed last week from Swastik Udyog, Noida at Rs. 1000.

Attachment 2190774
Hi iamitp,
Could you post some pics of the automatic sunshade that you installed from Swastik.
Also provide your feedback based on your usage all these days.

@Robin - carhatke seems to source these automatic sunshades from Swastik. Let us hear from iamitp.

Also I checked the reviews for Autofurnish in Amazon for these sunshades - product quality seems to be a major issue apart from the 3M double sticker which doesn’t hold longer ( as buyers didn’t want to screw the product in their car doors ). So a Big NO for Autofurnish Automatic sunshade

Regards,
Ananth
Ananthponraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 12:20   #806
BHPian

Hey fellow BHPians, I was driving my Skoda Octavia back from Igatpuri to Mumbai yesterday at 11 AM and the car was parked in direct sunlight in the resort. The sun stung us even with the air conditioning at full blast. Things got borderline uncomfortable for me and my friend. Is there any sun film that's legal and cuts down on heat inside the cabin? Hope I have stumbled across the proper thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th February 2022, 12:51   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Is there any sun film that's legal and cuts down on heat inside the cabin? Hope I have stumbled across the proper thread.
Do check

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...n-sunfilm.html (Front windscreen sunfilm?)
Old 13th February 2022, 22:49   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
Hi iamitp,
Could you post some pics of the automatic sunshade that you installed from Swastik.
Also provide your feedback based on your usage all these days.
Has held up pretty well so far. A boon on sunny days. I am satisfied.
Attached Thumbnails
Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-a8cae69e603944e5979c8ba7feca1cbb.jpeg  

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-0a19b756b8744077abdf60be739950d2.jpeg  

iamitp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:46   #809
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

After an accident involving a car with black Tint & MLA Sticker resulting in death of a couple of months old infant and subsequent confusion arising from failure to detect who was driving the vehicle at the time of accident, the Hyderabad Traffic Police started to conduct special drives to remove the Black Tints and Stickers on the vehicles.

According to some reports, even the tints of 70% visibility are not being spared.

The Section 100 (2) of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules says: “The glass of the windscreen and the rear window of every motor vehicle shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that visual transmission light is not less than 70%. The glasses used for side windows shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that visual transmission light is not less than 50%, and shall conform to Indian standards.”.

What is the status of the present legal situation of the Sunfilms?
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:56   #810
BHPian

Re: Front windscreen sunfilm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
What is the status of the present legal situation of the Sunfilms?
The SC order says car manufacturers may produce vehicles with tinted glasses where visual light transmission is 70% for windscreens and 40% for side glasses (windowpane).

As per Judgment in Avishek Goenka Vs. Union of India & Anr. the Apex Court had on 21-May-2012 prohibited the use of black films of any VLT percentage or any other material upon the safety glasses, windscreens (front and rear) and side glasses of all vehicles throughout the country.

This Law applies across India since 21-05-2012 and application of any form of tinted glasses on a motor vehicle is strictly prohibited except by the vehicle manufacturer.

Last edited by Sushil Pingua : 23rd March 2022 at 13:00. Reason: Proofread
Sushil Pingua is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks