Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2012, 20:26   #136
BHPian

Re: Worst OEM Headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
SX4 has the worst OEM headlamps and reflectors of any car I have seen. They are bad at both low beam and high beam. My dad regrets this one factor in the whole car else he is happy overall.

We tried putting in 100/90 with relays but the reflectors started becoming black so we jumped back to stock ones. Now thinking to put Osram Nightbreakers Plus.

Anurag.
Hi Anurag,

I agree with your post whole heartedly though I would not say they are the worst!! I have fitted the Osram Nightbreaker Plus after a long search. They are definitely better than the original OEM bulbs but I was expecting more especially as they were not cheap. The light is whitish and diffused. Maybe it is the fault of the reflector and not the bulbs. I think the only way to go is to fit Hella spots on the front bumper. Not something I want to do but no other option. Any ideas??

Regards,
SS
Old 11th December 2012, 20:27   #137
BHPian

Worst OEM headlight has to be from Honda City.
When I was co-passenger in my Boss's City, I could barely see the light.

Must be awful for City owners, No?
Old 11th December 2012, 21:10   #138
RAC
BHPian

Worst OEM headlight has to be from the 1st and 2nd gen Reva, before they moved to halogen bulbs.

If I remember, the headlights were same as that of a tempo traveller.
Old 12th December 2012, 00:08   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Anurag,

I agree with your post whole heartedly though I would not say they are the worst!! I have fitted the Osram Nightbreaker Plus after a long search. They are definitely better than the original OEM bulbs but I was expecting more especially as they were not cheap. The light is whitish and diffused. Maybe it is the fault of the reflector and not the bulbs. I think the only way to go is to fit Hella spots on the front bumper. Not something I want to do but no other option. Any ideas??

Regards,
SS
Hi buddy!

I still feel it is the worst of the cars sold in India. I mean a two wheelers headlamps are much better. The low beams feel like they are not working and the high beams are OK, not great to say a WOW. Dad has tried many things for the headlamps and is fed up and now running on Osram Nightbreakers Plus. He is slightly happier with them than stock. Dad is against those HID kits any more and doesn't want to fit anything on the bumper etc.

I have the Osram NB Plus on my Ritz as well and very happy with the headlamps.

Anurag.
Old 12th December 2012, 09:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The battery is new, Amaron make and about a year old now. The alternator was recently serviced too. Anything else that I should be checking on? The headlight lens are in good condition too. It is a real pain to drive in the city with almsot everyone coming in the opposite direction thinking of the high beam as the low beam
The only alternative left is to install projector headlights, but as you must be knowing, they would be costly affair.

I would still request you to check whether the output at the headlight is proper 12V just to make sure that electrical sysytem is OK.
Old 19th February 2013, 15:47   #141
BHPian

I got my Indigo's headlamps upgraded today. The stock were low beam=H1=55w, high beam=H7=55w. Got a Minda relay wiring harness unit and Bosch H7=80watts with Osram H1=100watts. Since the relay is designed to work on heavy current, will the entire wiring system take the load of these bulbs? Have I overdone the upgrade? Should I change the H1 back to stock 55 watts? I have read stories about reflector melting and deformation.
Old 19th February 2013, 17:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
... I have read stories about reflector melting and deformation.
IMO, you can rest easy as there won't be such issues. Just make sure not to leave the headlights switch on for long while being stationary.
Old 19th February 2013, 20:17   #143
mxx
BHPian

What is the point of this thread? What is the criteria for "worst headlight"? I can see that almost all the cars below 10 lakhs is voted here. I have owned 3 cars out of which one is 15lakh muv and other 2 hatches. I travel in city and on highways and have driven on very well lit and pitch dark roads. Never have I felt the headlights inadequate. Apart from cars I own, I use 2 cars - a hatch and sedan- which belongs to my near relatives when I am in my hometown without my car. Again, I never had any complains with these cars either.
But, I can see that all these cars -except the muv- are voted here to be the worst. Clearly something is not right. And that may not the headlight, Unless maybe if you guys are comparing with mercs and beemers.
Old 19th February 2013, 20:43   #144
BHPian

Adding one vote to the Figo. The darn thing is lit with candlesticks. Seriously. I feel like I'd rather tape two Eveready flashlights in the front and get better results. Anyways, going in for a projector upgrade tomorrow. Will let you guys know.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 21:47   #145
BHPian

I got my Zens dim bed lamp like bulbs changed to 100w. Now I still find it is not as bright as what I have seen on Sumo taxis. Any idea what is the legal limit for bulbs? Because i plan to upgrade mine again to the legal limit.

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 19th February 2013, 23:32   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
What is the point of this thread? What is the criteria for "worst headlight"? I can see that almost all the cars below 10 lakhs is voted here. I
I don't think you will find Chevy Beat here. It has almost perfect headlights Never wished in last 15k kms to have any upgrade to the stock headlights setup, it is that good. Tested in rains/fogs/darkest of nights, and the headlights do their job exactly as they are supposed to: lighten up the road at low beam, dazzle at high beam, and force truckers to lower their beam when flashed!
Old 20th February 2013, 00:10   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
What is the point of this thread? What is the criteria for "worst headlight"? I
Well, I think you have a point here. Headlights are always "worse", in comparison to broad daylight. I agree with you completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I don't think you will find Chevy Beat here. It has almost perfect headlights
Same with Etios/Liva. Yet to see anyone complaining. I am very happy with the OE headlamps through my initial 9000 km of driving. Never felt like upgrading.
Old 20th February 2013, 00:46   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Same with Etios/Liva. Yet to see anyone complaining.
Add Ford Fiesta Classic to that list. I mostly drive only with the low beam, and use high beam only to flick. Decent coverage for speeds upto 80 Kmph.
Old 20th February 2013, 15:17   #149
BHPian

the crown goes to the first edition ford ikon,even a candle will produce more light
Old 19th May 2013, 14:21   #150
BHPian

My Esteem had the worst pair of headlights.
I used certain bulbs, including Hella Rally and Philips Crystal Vision with Hella Relay.
But, ultimately had to shift to projectors and they are really satisfying!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks