Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2012, 21:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Worst OEM Headlight

I can vouch for santro's oem lights being inadequate. Any other santro xing user?
My santro full beam is kind of like my aveo's normal beam. Seen the difference on the same road at night.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Mod Note : As per the recent mass PM, please do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. Any further usage of acronyms will invite severe Moderator action on your account. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 29th August 2012 at 17:48. Reason: Do NOT use acronyms when referring to cars. Full make & model name please
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 21:32   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of all cars I have owned, my vote for worst OEM headlights goes to Sx4. It really has poor headlights.

However, these posts here are showing a trend that most relatively newer models (Figo, Swift, Vento, Sx4 etc.) have poor headlights. I think this has more to do with some regulations about headlight wattages allowed rather than the manufacturer's inability to design good headlights. Looks like if you want to stay legal, you have to use bad headlights.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Got a Nano\Scorpio|Linea,all three running on stock lighting set up.
If not extraordinary,i am satisfied with lighting of all three.
Had an Accent before this and stock lighting was bad,so switched to 90\100 and was Ok.

Other than that,i have extensively driven a Figo at night on highways,and can vouch for the pathetic lighting,and this one was 2010 titanium without foglamps,and even after the upgrade to 100\90,lighting was not upto the mark.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2012 at 09:28.
desideep is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th August 2012, 21:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Am just waiting for the Safari owners to chance on this thread. Atleast, for me, my Safari really struggles to throw some decent light. I really find it hard to drive night times.
Surprising!! I find my Safari's oem headlights more than adequate. Infact merely using low beams along with fog lamps (both oem) gives sufficent spread and throw of beams. Lot of oncoming traffic furiously dip their beams thinking I am on full beams
Old 28th August 2012, 21:46   #22
BHPian

I recently drove polo at night and felt the stock headlamps are very weak... I would like the owners to comment on this.

Punto is ok but not great in this. However on a highway - we'll need high beam as the stock won't suffice. Even with the fog lamps it's not great.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Out of all cars I have owned, my vote for worst OEM headlights goes to Sx4. It really has poor headlights.

However, these posts here are showing a trend that most relatively newer models (Figo, Swift, Vento, Sx4 etc.) have poor headlights. I think this has more to do with some regulations about headlight wattages allowed rather than the manufacturer's inability to design good headlights. Looks like if you want to stay legal, you have to use bad headlights.
I beg to disagree. The Fiesta's headlamps are one of the best. I am referring to the Classic and not sure of the new Fiesta.

Even after upgrading my WagonR's headlamps to 90/100 with relays, they are not as good as the Fiesta's.
Old 28th August 2012, 21:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have heard about the Figo headlamps 'n' no. of times. Apparently, they are offering a paid upgrade at the dealer level, but as k149in said, even 90/100 lamps are not doing a good job.
I personally find the lights to be okay (if not pathetic, not good either). They do the job & am satisfied.

The Car is usually taken out for out-station trips, hence night driving, but I don't find a reason for complaint. Have fitted fog-lamps & it is recommended.

Tirthankar (DRIVOBLOG) shares the same opinion & he too has refrained from upgrading & he did multiple Guwahati - Calcutta trips w/o stoppages.

Nano has pretty good lamps. On par with hatches for sure.

EDIT:-
@sa_kiran - Please refrain from using acronyms.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th August 2012 at 21:57.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
I always thought my spark's headlights are bad ( yes they are) until I drove gen 1 Swift on the highway. The spread on the low beam was almost non existent. Although I don't drive with high beam but I had no option that night.

Compared to this, My Nano have brilliant OE headlights. With fog lamps on, its like diwali night on the road.
Oh yes the Spark's headlamps are horrible. While coming back from a really long drive at night on a road with no streetlights I struggled to drive with the stock headlights.
Upgraded them the next day itself to 100/90 and now the visibility is much better.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Am surprised that nobody mentioned about the Ritz yet. Very bad it is. Neither the focus is right nor is the spread. Intensity is very low as well. I upgraded to Philips Nightvision 55/60 bulbs. Slightly better but still not satisfied.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:34   #27
BHPian

My Vista (1st Gen) has excellent headlights, I have almost never faced any visibility issues on LowBeam. On High Beam both beams work (High+Low) and offer superb visibility.

The Nano also has nice headlights and coupled with the fogs provides excellent spread and throw.

Swift, Zen Estilo the Old Honda City and Ford Ikon suffer when it comes to headlamps.
Old 28th August 2012, 22:37   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The new generation Swift is one of the worst as far as headlights are concerned.
SO that confirms, both the gen Swifts are bad on this aspect!

All the members of my family has pointed out that the headlights are weak! I had the NBs for some time, which solved the issue, but after those conking off in 1 year, didn't want to put another Rs. 1200/- on those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Surprisingly, the budget hatchback - WagonR - both old and new have way better headlights.
Agree! I can't recollect about the old Wagon R [though we had it], but the new one is terrific! Feels like a 90/100 bulb [compared to Swift]!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th August 2012 at 22:39. Reason: Edit:: Adding & removing some phrases
Old 28th August 2012, 22:55   #29

I have a Cruze and a Figo, and the Cruze lights are probably the worst ever. The problem is that the units seem to be carried over from the LHD versions and the entire beam is focused towards the right side of the car. The result is the left hand side of the road is unlit. Driving at night is a nightmare. They need to put units sold in UK or Oz, and ARAI have not picked up this flaw in the homologation process.
Old 28th August 2012, 23:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow

Surprising!! I find my Safari's oem headlights more than adequate.
Me too! I find the safari's headlamps quite effective.

My vote for the worst lights is for the ford ikon. It was so bad I had to upgrade within a week to 90/100s. It felt I was driving with only the parking lights on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks