Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 13:27   #166
BHPian

What about Rapid owners here ?

I have a early 2013 model & i find the headlamps ineffective even with the fog lights on.
The beam is just not enough & even my Santro has a better throw & spread.

Is there something wrong with just my car or other Rapid owners face the same issue ?
satyamkaushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 13:50   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Polo's head lamp is way better than Figo. My Bro is having a Polo and myself having a Figo, so this is from my experience. I myself having fog lamps on my Figo, still Polo without fog can beat it. The spread in Polo is even and lit up well.
At least the new Polo's with the darkened headlights have a terrible high beam spread. Low beam is ok'ish but the fogs are brilliant !
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 19:24   #168
BHPian

Re: Worst OEM Headlight

Hands down Fluidic Verna (Non Projector). Im sure nothing even comes close to the pathetic headlamps that Hyundai provide in this car. My iphone 4S's torch light throws more light than these headlights.

Night Driving: Not possible (hi and lo beams have no difference, fogs are purely for cosmetic reasons). I depend on street lights to light up the road ahead.
Night Drive + Rain: Park car, hail a cab

The cluster lights are brighter and there's no option to tone down the brightness of the cluster lights.

Initially I though it would be the bulbs, but then I got Osram Nightbreakers and then Philips Xtreme Vision too. Believe me, nothing helps. Truly garbage for a car that costs 13lac OTR in Bengaluru.

Going Projectors+HID in a month.

P.S:-
My old Astar had brilliant headlamps and in its 4 year relationship with us, we never once thought of changing the headlamps.
Also my Dad's Alto800 has better headlights than my Verna

Last edited by drhoneycake : 13th October 2015 at 19:26. Reason: added more details
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 19:37   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
My old Astar had brilliant headlamps and in its 4 year relationship with us, we never once thought of changing the headlamps.
I am not very happy with the headlamps in my A-Star AT. How do I open that rubber part to check if the bulbs are original / replace bulbs ?
Old 13th October 2015, 20:39   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I am not very happy with the headlamps in my A-Star AT. How do I open that rubber part to check if the bulbs are original / replace bulbs ?
Here it the way:

1) At the centre of the headlamp, there will be a plug. Pull it out first that disconnects the headlamp from battery.

2) The rubber boot had two flaps that jut-out. Hold it and pull it out. The rubber boot will come out exposing the bulb.

3) There will be clip that holds the bulb in place. It is a metal clip, pull it back and release it to free the bulb.

4) Remove the old bulb and replace it new one.

5) Repeat the above process to refit the same.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th October 2015 at 20:41.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 21:03   #171

The SX4 is very very bad.In eight years of ownership Ihave tried all types of bulbs and finally settled for 12000 watt HID's which were ok combined with the fog lamps but the spread was blinding for oncoming drivers and I got a lot of abuses including from truck drivers.Finally I got the reflectors painted black and used Angel eye reflectors with smaller capacity HID's . However now I have to always keep the foglamps on as the Near spread is not there except with dipped lights .Attaching a few pics .The led flexi lights also act as indicators.
Attached Thumbnails
Worst OEM Headlight-marutisuzukisx415154051439303713.jpg  

Worst OEM Headlight-marutisuzukisx415154051439303831.jpg  

Worst OEM Headlight-marutisuzukisx415154051439303841.jpg  

Worst OEM Headlight-marutisuzukisx415154051439303955.jpg  

Worst OEM Headlight-20150730_182716.jpg  

madmaxdave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 21:06   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
2) The rubber boot had two flaps that jut-out. Hold it and pull it out. The rubber boot will come out exposing the bulb.
This is the only extra step compared to many other lamps that have H4 type bulb. Not able to figure how to remove this part.

may be time to get some more WD-40 to spray around the rubber piece

Last edited by condor : 13th October 2015 at 21:13.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 18:37   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

And WD-40 did the trick. Was finally able to take out the bulb. The left one was throwing poor light, and was surprised to see it was an Osram. Have put in another one - will check it possibly tomorrow.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 20:37   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hands down Fluidic Verna (Non Projector). Im sure nothing even comes close to the pathetic headlamps that Hyundai provide in this car. My iphone 4S's torch light throws more light than these headlights.

Night Driving: Not possible (hi and lo beams have no difference, fogs are purely for cosmetic reasons). I depend on street lights to light up the road ahead.

The cluster lights are brighter and there's no option to tone down the brightness of the cluster lights.

Initially I though it would be the bulbs, but then I got Osram Nightbreakers and then Philips Xtreme Vision too. Believe me, nothing helps. Truly garbage for a car that costs 13lac OTR in Bengaluru.

Going Projectors+HID in a month.

Also my Dad's Alto800 has better headlights than my Verna
200% Agree with you.
Drove BIL's 2014 Verna (Non Projector) and very very pathetic headlights.
I drove it from Mangalore to Shiradi and had a really tough time doing the curves in the ghat.
The light spread is very pathetic even in high beams. My BIL had a torrid time in controlling the car on the curves, firstly the high beams did not light up the curves completely and secondly upon acceleration thanks to turbo lag, the vehicle is at the edge before he realized it.
Even in the straight roads the headlights do not illuminate objects at a sufficient distance.
Really pathetic for 13 lakh car.
I advised him to upgrade 90/100 with a relay.
Old 14th October 2015, 20:48   #175
Senior - BHPian

I am very proud to add Ecosport in this list.

The highbeam wouldn't hurt a fly.
Old 14th October 2015, 20:58   #176
BHPian

Eco sport should be a contender for top spot. Pathetic.
I first changed to Philips xtreme vision, no good.
Now am on 90/100 Hellas. Still poor. I think it is to do with the reflector design. Only blinding oncoming traffic.
So going back to xtreme vision and thinking of aux lights.
Old 14th October 2015, 21:09   #177
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
200% Agree with you.
Drove BIL's 2014 Verna (Non Projector) and very very pathetic headlights.
I drove it from Mangalore to Shiradi and had a really tough time doing the curves in the ghat.
Adding to the list the 1st generation Hyundai Verna. The headlamp reflectors are huge, but fail quite miserably in doing their job. The low beam, I am left wondering if the lights are working at all and the high beam..is just high!

The fog lamps are wide and tall, we're talking 15cm* 4cm roughly and what do they do nothing! nada! zilch! useless is what they are.

Last edited by Shanksta : 14th October 2015 at 21:13.
Old 14th October 2015, 21:19   #178
BHPian

Quote:

My 2009 Verna was in the same league until I replaced them with HIDs within 1 year of ownership. So HIDs are the way to go if you want better visibility. I heard the new gen i20 and CRETA have far better lighting.
Old 30th November 2015, 16:13   #179
BHPian

Planning to visit Goa during Dec 2015, and I want to replace my Honda City's stock headlights. I have never seen a dimmer candle in my life. Can anyone of you please suggest a good replacement headlight and a good place to buy and get the work done in Bangalore? I have easy access to JC Road. Thanks and Regards to all.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:01   #180
BHPian

I faced a similar problem with my celerio stock headlamps , did not look around much for fancy headlamps by various manufacturers , went for hella 130/100 watt bulbs (halogen) with a hella headlamp relay to support the bulbs , now my friends tell me we can use my car headlamps as floodlights and play cricket all night long . total cost 1400 rs inclusive of installation. It was a 20 minute job .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks