Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 01:01   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I used to have a Honda city earlier - believe me, the feeling of solidity is much higher in the Corolla though nowhere close to the Germans. The City is also bouncier over uneven roads which the Corolla smothers with aplomb. The Corolla underbody doesn't hit speedbreakers. While all the above points are trumped further by the Germans (disclaimer : current car is a GT tsi) Corolla remains the ultimate jack of all trades when you consider reliability in the equation. 2 lakhs or 3 lakhs justification is a matter of debate, even the Elantra is at the same price point with NA 1.8 engine.
Owned a civic and now a drive a city. The civic/corolla offer solidarity and assurance that a City cannot ever match. The city is 10 odd lakhs and the corolla some 14 odd lakhs. The difference is obvious IMHO.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:29   #167
Team-BHP Support

Brochure snapshots:

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-1.jpg

Launch of new Corolla & Innova by Mid-2015?-2.png

Leaflet

Website's up - Toyota Altis

Man, I really wish the new Altis had a better diesel engine! A measly 87 hp for a 15-16L INR D-segment car is simply too low IMO.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 09:31   #168
BHPian

Are bookings really open or this is the brochure thats going to be available at the time of launch? ( as per reports here,may seems to be tentative launch right?)
Old 11th February 2014, 13:21   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Are bookings really open or this is the brochure thats going to be available at the time of launch? ( as per reports here,may seems to be tentative launch right?)
The bookings are open. The tentative launch is in may. The brochure reflects the information that is already available on the Toyota website.

Surprisingly I see no mention of the safety features which are increasingly becoming the selling points for cars in this segment like fluence , elantra , jetta etc.

Maybe by opening the bookings so early Toyota wants to gauge the response before deciding on the premium they are going to charge for this car which is technologically 2 generations old.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:12   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Surprisingly I see no mention of the safety features which are increasingly becoming the selling points for cars in this segment like fluence , elantra , jetta etc.
Maybe that's because safety isn't a selling point for the 2014 Corolla. Like the engines and transmission, perhaps the safety kit is unchanged as well - two airbags, ABS, EBD.

If Toyota were to give six airbags and ESP on the Corolla, they'll probably think they are justified in charging more than the Jetta
Old 11th February 2014, 14:15   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Maybe that's because safety isn't a selling point for the 2014 Corolla. Like the engines and transmission, perhaps the safety kit is unchanged as well - two airbags, ABS, EBD.

Two airbags, ABS, EBD: that is what I got in my 2007 Corolla
Old 11th February 2014, 14:26   #172
Senior - BHPian

So, Toyota still continuing with the anemic 1.4L diesel engine in a car costing 15L or more!
Is this what the biggest car maker in the world can offer us?

The car exterior looks good from some angles with edgy-sharp styling but the overall design lacks coherence. It seems the designers tried very hard to make it look sporty and sharp but did not succeed entirely. The interiors looks pretty pathetic. I don't know how they will compete with Skoda Octavia or Jetta with this product.
Old 11th February 2014, 14:56   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

They would most likely continue with offering only 2 airbags in line with the current car. Do they even offer 6 airbags in Camry? AFAIK they don't.

On the engine front, I don't see why do they need to offer a higher spec engine? With the current engine itself the cost is so high. Also the fact that even with this configuration the car is finding decent number of buyers and has been a top seller in its segment and not really losing customers. Customers who want driving pleasure and handling anyways generally tend to go the european way or with the Cruze. So going by the sales figures the 1.4L diesel engine can continue fine.
Old 11th February 2014, 15:13   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
They would most likely continue with offering only 2 airbags in line with the current car. Do they even offer 6 airbags in Camry? AFAIK they don't.
That’s right, the Camry comes with just basic safety features like two airbags and ABS+EBD. So it’s unlikely that Toyota will do anything different with the Corolla. Interestingly, Toyota decided to not to highlight anything about safety in their Corolla Altis website as well; probably because there is nothing much to highlight!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 07:27   #175
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is the pricing for the New Corolla Altis out?
Old 15th February 2014, 07:39   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys, is the pricing for the New Corolla Altis out?
Not yet. Only the unveiling was done at the Expo. The launch is still some time off, read some reports saying it will be mid 2014. The new car in on the official site though.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2014, 22:15   #177
BANNED

Any further credible news anybody has on the next gen Innova?
Old 7th March 2014, 10:51   #178
Senior - BHPian

Corolla has scored 5-Stars safety ratings in ANCAP (the Australasian New Car Assessment Programme):

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/peug...eot-5008-42137
Old 7th March 2014, 11:27   #179
BHPian

Got a call from the dealer about 7-10 days ago, asking if I was interested in the new 11th-gen Corolla. I was quite surprised as I didn't know that bookings were already open. I asked her to send me a brochure and confirmed my address. Was going to ask her for a hefty discount since it would be our 3rd Corolla since the car was launched in India . I still have my 2004 Corolla and my 2010 Corolla Altis. Brochure still hasn't arrived though.

I like the overall design of the new-gen, but find the interiors a bit disappointing. Also, Toyota could have offered more features with the car that the competition has at the same price point. I hope they have improved the driving-feel in the new car, since I hate the rubber-band effect in my Altis. Prefer driving the old Corolla to my Altis!
Old 8th March 2014, 19:17   #180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Corolla has scored 5-Stars safety ratings in ANCAP (the Australasian New Car Assessment Programme):
Not surprising as the Aussie Corolla comes with loads of goodies like 7 Airbags, ABS+EBD, VSC (ESP), traction control, adaptive lighting, hill start assist etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks