Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 13:34   #151
BHPian

re: Renault Duster AWD launched at Rs. 11.89 lakh (pg. 15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Shameful standard response, despite me explicitly mentioning that the e-mail is sent after cars were sent for media test drives in Pune.
I fully support you.Renault india customer care is very bad.I am fed up writing to them about my gang of dusters membership.Every time I get sort of automated response.What about raising the issue through team bhp?
Old 18th August 2014, 14:17   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Duster VS Yeti

As I expected the comparision with Yeti AWD was bound to come up. I am open to with of them and here is my 2 cents on the Yeti AWD vs Duster 4x4.

1) Yeti now offers the AWD only in the top end elegance 4WD trim which costs a whopping 22 Lakhs on the road for a compact SUV. This version has all the bells and whistles you need. However, if you wanted just the Ambition 4x4 which as the 140 bph engine along with ABS, Airbags and ESP (similar to Duster 4x4), this model has been discontinued.

2) Yeti is a 4 Seater hatch on stilts with a small boot, it is not an ideal family car.

3) Yeti, is much much more premium than the Duster can ever be in terms of the kit & interiors.

4) Yeti has a definite power advantage over the Duster with the 140 bhp 2.0 engine.

5) Duster 4x4 especially in RXL trim (with standard audio & steel wheels) is a much more affordable package than Yeti.

6) Duster can be used as a family car to some extend as it can seat 5 and has a decent boot.

7) Yeti Ground Clearance is 180 mm and Duster is 205 mm

8) Lift kits are available for Duster, but not sure for Yeti.

9) you are more likely to take a 12 lakh vehicle off-road than a 22 lakh vehicle.

I personally like the Yeti as I already have a larger 4x4 SUV for family use, so my need is a compact daily runabout type SUV and Yeti fits the bill perfectly. However, I am reluctant to spend 22 lakhs for Elegance 4x4. If there is an Ambition 4x4, I may buy it otherwise, I will save the few lakhs and get a duster 4x4.
4x4addict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 05:23   #153
Senior - BHPian

Re: Duster VS Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
9) you are more likely to take a 12 lakh vehicle off-road than a 22 lakh vehicle.

Absolutely, and this is exactly why I would have bought the Duster in preference to the Yeti.

But now having gotten used to the "coddling comfort" of the Yeti, I think that my natural progression would have to be towards something like a Tiguan or a Q3 or an LR Freelander. This last, really ticks all the boxes for me and is exactly the kind of vehicle I have always wanted. But for me there is time and distance to go yet, to achieve that portion of the dream.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 08:40   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I fully support you.Renault india customer care is very bad.I am fed up writing to them about my gang of dusters membership.Every time I get sort of automated response.What about raising the issue through team bhp?
What about genuine complaints? Does Renault keep a tight leash over its dealers? Especially after Hoover's departure? Have seen few manufacturers breathing down a dealer's neck till the consumer's issues aren't resolved to satisfaction.

Team-BHP is the voice of us enthusiasts. It is a platform for all of us alike. You can sure raise a concern, but please keep updating the thread.
Old 19th August 2014, 08:56   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about genuine complaints? Does Renault keep a tight leash over its dealers? Especially after Hoover's departure?
There is no Hoover involvement with Renault. Renault works directly with dealers. Nissan tried the outsourcing to Hoover strategy whereas Renault went the direct route like everybody else.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 17:08   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Shameful standard response, despite me explicitly mentioning that the e-mail is sent after cars were sent for media test drives in Pune.
I sent another mail to them

Quote:

I very well see that the AWD versions are given to media to either gauge their response prior to a launch or a simple feedback or just a preview prior to launching the vehicle and I get the response (from Renault, India) that they have no idea.

I am talking about this http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-389891,3.aspx
I was asked for my phone number. I got a call. Same standard response. We have no official confirmation. Whenever something concrete happens, we will get back to you.

A mail followed.

Quote:
Greetings from Renault India!

As per our telephonic conversation, we hope that our executive has answered all the queries.

Assuring our best services

Best Regards,
Renault India Customer Care

For the further assistance you can also contact us on our toll free no: 1800-300-44444 from 07:00am to 11:00pm, 7 days a week.
Renault should understand that, they are being quizzed because they have given the cars for media drives. Media guys have guestimated the probable prices as well. And they go into denial mode.

Anyways, their call.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 22:11   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This website should answer the questions regarding the gear ratio and wight difference.
http://www.renault.co.za/cars/duster...fications.html
Link not working (for me at least). However other sources confirm that gearing is much lower than the 4x2. Unfortunately, reverse is not as low as first.

Always thought of 4x4 without low range as being off road posers (as opposed to use on icy roads. Or for transmitting 300+ bhp to tarmac). Maybe the Duster will change my mind!

Regards
Sutripta
Old 21st August 2014, 13:45   #158
BHPian

SVP of Car & Bike Show has posted his first drive review of the new duster 4x4.

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/2014-re...-review-642728
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 17:20   #159
BHPian

what IS that ECO mode next to the ASR button?
Old 21st August 2014, 17:45   #160
Senior - BHPian

Went to the renault dealer on OMR chennai, and the salesman very confidently confirmed that the 4X4 is coming only by end 2015!!

Moreover it was communicated to me that the RXL version has been stopped, and now the 110 is only available with alloys.

I really don't understand why renault is keeping customers in the dark, after official reviews have come out in all media.

On a different note, i found the adventure version to be pretty decent, but the interiors are of shockingly low quality. Nano grade plastics and an ergonomic disaster. Equipment levels are a joke too, with not even climate control on a 14 lakh rupee car.
The clutch on the 110 was very hard, and i shudder to think of driving it as a daily city car.

The reports on the 4X4 version say that these issues have been solved, hope that is the case. If so, they surely have a buyer ready.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 18:07   #161
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India, based on its participation of the Renault function at Lavasa, writes this on the 4x4 duster. They had gone to Lavasa, where Renault has set up an off-road trail where they let them thoroughly test the new hardware.
Quote:
....a new three-spoke steering wheel, dual-tone grey and red seats and some soft-touch plastics on the upper portion of the new dual-tone, black and grey dashboard..... There are three modes on the AWD selector knob: 2WD, Auto and Lock. 2WD keeps it permanently front-wheel driven, while Auto sends a part of the power to the rear wheels when the system detects the front wheels losing traction. ‘Lock’ keeps the hardware in 4x4 mode up to around 60kph, after which it shifts back into ‘Auto’.
Did they not invite Team-Bhp for the event?

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st August 2014 at 18:19.
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:43   #162
BHPian

Autocar India have come out with their video review of the Duster 4X4.

Sure looks like a winner!

Old 23rd August 2014, 01:15   #163
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
Autocar India have come out with their video review of the Duster 4X4.

Sure looks like a winner!
I, personally do not consider the track shown in this video as an off road track. Even an Alto can do this. But not at great speeds.

I would have appreciated, if they could have highlighted the changes and left it over there rather than trying to make it the most capable SUV in the market. Or show its true potential.

Personally speaking, i do not like this lady's videos. She speaks all JUNK. nothing of any value. Also, she doesn't have any taste. She appreciates Everything. God!

Last edited by gemi_kk : 23rd August 2014 at 01:16.
  (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 01:37   #164
CDM
BHPian

This video is hilarious. She talks of a small river crossing. Delhi streets have more water after an hour of rain.

Forget an Alto even a sedan will do this if driven carefully.

CDM
CDM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 06:39   #165
BHPian

A dual tone black and grey will look less upmarket than either a soft plastic all black or black and beige. Hope the launch vehicles come with either of these.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks