Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 13:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

^ Yes - The showroom has delayed the delivery date as well, for my friend, by 2-3 weeks. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 16th March 2013, 23:22   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope the production version doesn't have the push-up bra that was put on the launch vehicles.
Old 19th March 2013, 10:37   #153
BHPian

Hello all ,
this post is for the rumor mongers who have never driven Gurkha ,never owned one, but love to be critics of it.
in the following video the vehicles that attempted the climb which is on sandy rocky hill run up available 10 mtrs on a gradual slope and then sudden 50- 60 degree 20 meter climb, were thar crde, thar di owner know from start he could not do it so he did not attempt it,(GURKHA is Di), gypsy1.3, pajero,mm 550 with one of the best engines i have ever seen in one,
No of attempts by various vehicles trying to complete the climb and were succesful in last attempt.
thar -5
pajero -1
MM550 -3
Gurkha -1

i will like to add that whenever i go offroading on my jeep cj3b dieselised i need to ge to mechanic next day , but with gurkha touch wood its never happened till now .
i am sorry to cut paste the link from youtube as i could not figure out how to insert video from my computer.
jeepbug is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 10:59   #154
Senior - BHPian

^^ Did you forget to mention that the tyres you are running on are almost worn out, and that you did this twice in a row, and both times in single tries?
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:06   #155
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 20th March 2013 at 10:47.
jeepbug is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th March 2013, 11:32   #156
BHPian

promotional video for new gurkha... works extraordinary... has an amazing grip

007 Bond is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 11:51   #157
Senior - BHPian

The plastic is for real - I thought it was a show gimmick for the launch.

I wonder how much it would cost to replace it with the standard Gurkha/Trax grille/bumper et al.

Score 1 for the Thar - at the very least there isnt anything you want to remove from it...
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:12   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
... at the very least there isnt anything you want to remove from it...
Actually, there is a lot. For starters, the bumpers, break VERY VERY easily on the Thar. I have seen this happen on at least 5 different Thars now.
However, this is not the thread to start comparing.

Last edited by roy_libran : 19th March 2013 at 12:13.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 14:33   #159
BHPian

I am sold on the vehicle..i know the drawbacks but still it has huge advantages also. I would most definitely change quite a few aspects of the vehicle.

Most definitely the really ugly (in my personal opinion) front plastic grill and bumpers will go. I hope to replace it with the front look of the Gurkha with round headlights of the past whichwas closer to the G-Wagen DNA.

The interiors look pretty decent so far. I hope to see the vehicle in the flesh sometime this month and i promise to upload a whole lot of pics the very same day.

The fit and finish looks pretty good also. I hope some good colors are on offer. I would love a Military Green. The grill is a definite no no. I want to shake the lead designer by his collar!! Thankfully he did not meddle with the earlier look much. All he did was murder the front end which should not be too difficult or expensive to put right.

Last edited by Manuuj : 19th March 2013 at 14:56.
Manuuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 15:06   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I am sold on the vehicle..i know the drawbacks but still it has huge advantages also. I would most definitely change quite a few aspects of the vehicle.

Most definitely the really ugly (in my personal opinion) front plastic grill and bumpers will go. I hope to replace it with the front look of the Gurkha with round headlights of the past whichwas closer to the G-Wagen DNA.

The interiors look pretty decent so far. I hope to see the vehicle in the flesh sometime this month and i promise to upload a whole lot of pics the very same day.

The fit and finish looks pretty good also. I hope some good colors are on offer. I would love a Military Green. The grill is a definite no no. I want to shake the lead designer by his collar!! Thankfully he did not meddle with the earlier look much. All he did was murder the front end which should not be too difficult or expensive to put right.
It seems that the car designer did a Koena Mitra/ Minissha Lamba Plastic surgery to the vehicle.

There seem gaps in the fitting of the interior panels, but, these won't take away all the capability of the vehicle IMO. I shall eagerly wait for your update on the vehicle.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:10   #161
Senior - BHPian

Million-rupee question....will this be made available thru the regular dealers or the ones who deal in Force One ?
Old 19th March 2013, 16:28   #162
BHPian

Dear this is launched through Passenger Vehicle division hence force one dealers would be offering 3S to this product..
007 Bond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 17:32   #163
BHPian

How family friendly is the Gurkha? If one has a proper sedan for city use, will the Gurkha make sense for going to exotic tourist locations (where the 4x4 aspect will come in handy) in a Gurkha with family? The Force website is woefully silent on comfort features.

Thanks.
Old 19th March 2013, 17:42   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
^^ Did you forget to mention that the tyres you are running on are almost worn out, and that you did this twice in a row, and both times in single tries?
roy i was on 750 *16 jk ltx2000 4x4 tyres they are pretty new as earlier ownder had not used them more than 3-4k kms , i was talking to you that incase had i been on 8.25 *16 r1 tyres then probably only rear difflock would had been needed.
jeepbug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 23:43   #165
Senior - BHPian

Please watch this, the girl doesnt know what kind of Cylinders she is talking about!

And when it comes to the COO (corp sales & mktg) of FM talking about Gurkha's competitors, he has not done his homework!

Last edited by Mpower : 20th March 2013 at 00:34. Reason: COO (corp sales & mktg)
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks