Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 17:07   #166
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha on sale again. Launched @ 6.25 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Please watch this, the girl doesnt know what kind of Cylinders she is talking about!

And when it comes to the COO (corp sales & mktg) of FM talking about Gurkha's competitors, he has not done his homework!
Pretty ridiculous report by the lady here. It was clear that she doesnt really know much about cars let alone specialized offroaders.

World First Offroader? Side wheel Arches were classy footboards, Opening the rear door was listed as a good Option, Snorkel and "Powerful" Diff locks were safety features, Stylish Tyres??...

Atleast we got a good look at the interiors and they seem pretty acceptable to me. I hope the vehicle will have drainage outlets in the floor as earlier models.

I would request anyone who has the knowledge to let us know more about the engine and how it differs from the Mercedes OM616 engine in earlier Gurkhas.

If i was the reporter i would have definitely wanted to know how the COO expected to sell the vehicle in Metros seeing that it cannot be registered within a 150 km radius owing to its BS III status. I have no idea how a company can make such a huge faux pax.

I guess it was a calculated business decision. They probably figured that most of their customers would not be from Metros. As the COO himself pointed out Coffee Estates, Mines and the people who enjoy off road driving would be there major source of sales. Developing a BS IV or V version probably did not make economic sense.

By the way did anyone notice the vehicle behind the COO when the reporter first welcomed him and he started speaking. It looked pretty good. Had a snorkel too. Looked like a modified Gypsy for sure. The position of the indicators and round wheel arches look like a Gypsy's. It looked like it had a Winch Bumper.
One look at the modification carried out in the Gypsy would have shown Force designers their mistakes in the Orange and Black Gurkha they presented.

Last edited by Manuuj : 20th March 2013 at 17:14.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 17:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
How family friendly is the Gurkha? ...
One point to remember is that it is a 2-door vehicle : getting in and out thru the passenger-side door will be a task for the family members sitting in the rear seats.
Old 25th March 2013, 12:18   #168
BHPian

Pricing info from their website! Hard top is listed as under 3lacs by mistake!

How come they are providing pricing info for Bangalore? What about registration? The list has only 23 cities where gurkha pricing is available.

List of Force Gurkha in Bangalore

HARD TOP (4X4)
Rs 291999

SOFT TOP (4X4)
Rs 846134

SOFT TOP (4X2)
Rs 633334
datvichrox2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 14:26   #169
Senior - BHPian

^ Good Spot! Wonder why these businesses are so callous with their various customer facing channels.
Just wondering - Can an organization be held to ransom based on these published numbers? At circa 3L, the Gurkha is a steal.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:40   #170
BHPian

Before 31 march 30 gurkha's would get dispatched to dealers so somewhere by 2 April they should be on display's in showroom... currently production is on.. will update future details.. as soon as possible..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 25th March 2013 at 14:47. Reason: Check post.
007 Bond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 00:09   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
Before 31 march 30 gurkha's would get dispatched to dealers so somewhere by 2 April they should be on display's in showroom... currently production is on.. will update future details.. as soon as possible..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.
Is this confirmed news? As a close friend wants to buy a 4x4 vehicle around budget of 10 lacks he is drooling towards Scorpio , i am pushing him towards Gurkha, he wants to get his hands on the vehicle before the leh season opens.Please share the source of this news. i received a call from local force passenger division dealers they wanted to see my Gurkha. let me know soon thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 22:34   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Pretty ridiculous report by the lady here. It was clear that she doesnt really know much about cars let alone specialized offroaders.

World First Offroader? Side wheel Arches were classy footboards, Opening the rear door was listed as a good Option, Snorkel and "Powerful" Diff locks were safety features, Stylish Tyres??...

Atleast we got a good look at the interiors and they seem pretty acceptable to me. I hope the vehicle will have drainage outlets in the floor as earlier models.

I would request anyone who has the knowledge to let us know more about the engine and how it differs from the Mercedes OM616 engine in earlier Gurkhas.

If i was the reporter i would have definitely wanted to know how the COO expected to sell the vehicle in Metros seeing that it cannot be registered within a 150 km radius owing to its BS III status. I have no idea how a company can make such a huge faux pax.
ROFL. That lady is priceless. She has no clue on what she is speaking, adlibbing her lines and putting in gems like the world's first offroader, and we have given you 4 cylinders, and we have front and rear difflocks etc etc
Best was when explaining the interiors she had no idea what that round thingamy was in the center.
Thank you for entertaining me lady.

The car def looked good in the video, especially the interiors looked far more acceptable than say a Bolero. Externally it looked well screwed together, although the front grill looked overdone for the simple boxy shape of the car.
Old 28th March 2013, 13:10   #173
AVR
BHPian

Possibly OT but was watching the video. Can't deny that this is the most comprehensive visual of the Gurkha but the comments are just classic!
- Variants : Hard Gurkha , Soft Gurkha - Ok not aiming for a family-friendly audience eh?
- "Spare wheel ka option"
- "Rear door open karne ka option"
- "Ladko ko soch kar banaaya hain. Simple hain clear hain" - Best compliment coming from a lady!
- Top end option - Can be driven 4x4, 4x2 and normally! What does normally mean?

I think it could have been a bit simpler looking and the matte-black color option is a nice touch. Still can't form a definite opinion about the vehicle though. Hopefully, once we see a few ownership reviews it will be clearer.

The video was epic!
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 17:06   #174
Team-BHP Support

What are the specs for the Axles of Gurkha. I know axle ratio, but who makes these axles, and what is the make(eg Dana 44 etc.,)
Old 8th April 2013, 18:30   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What are the specs for the Axles of Gurkha. I know axle ratio, but who makes these axles, and what is the make(eg Dana 44 etc.,)
The front is IFS, rear is solid axles in SPOA configuration. Which one are you talking about?
Old 8th April 2013, 18:31   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The front is IFS, rear is solid axles in SPOA configuration. Which one are you talking about?
I know the IS and stuff. bu t are they dana? What make and model
Old 8th April 2013, 20:31   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I know the IS and stuff. bu t are they dana? What make and model
From some earlier posts, it seems like something sourced from Mercedes.
Old 8th April 2013, 20:40   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
From some earlier posts, it seems like something sourced from Mercedes.
Tini

You would know - you nearly bought one

The drivetrain of the original Gurkha was:

1. ZF 5-speed GB

2. ZF / Steyr Puch Transfer case

3. Front diffs on the Hanover IFS are from Merc G240

4. Rear diffs from Merc 407 series truck

5. Bosch Diff Locks

Its a shame the whole contraption now looks like it was made in Szenzhen/Guangdong.
Steeroid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 21:43   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Tini

You would know - you nearly bought one

The drivetrain of the original Gurkha was:

1. ZF 5-speed GB

2. ZF / Steyr Puch Transfer case

3. Front diffs on the Hanover IFS are from Merc G240

4. Rear diffs from Merc 407 series truck

5. Bosch Diff Locks

Its a shame the whole contraption now looks like it was made in Szenzhen/Guangdong.
I do not care much about the cosmetic stuff. Is the current Gurkha drivetrain same as the old one with Merc G240 DIffs and 407 rear diff?
Old 8th April 2013, 21:51   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I do not care much about the cosmetic stuff. Is the current Gurkha drivetrain same as the old one with Merc G240 DIffs and 407 rear diff?
I believe that only the crown/pinon ratio was changed, but the diff essentially remains the same as before. Regarding the push up bra they put in front, it can be removed or ignored. I would wait until they launch the ABS version.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks