Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 18:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post

I have very strong feeling that in June, Skoda will launch European Rapid as Octavia and in October (around Diwali), European Octavia as Laura.
Because Volkswagen is not willing to launch a product on European Rapid's base, it will be imported as CKD kits. Below is the reason why I feel it so strogly:

1. Rapid: Petrol top-end- 8.38L, Diesel top-end- 9.76L
(Elegance model has been introduced once again)
2. Laura: Petrol base(Amition)- 14.65L, Diesel base(Ambition)- 14.55L
(Active Variants of Laura have been discontinued)
3. Superb: Petrol base(Ambition)- 18.06L, Diesel base(Ambition AT)- 22.57L
(Active variants have been discontinued. Manual variants of Diesel have been discontinued)

Between Rapid Top-end and Laura base, there is enough space (6.27L for Petrol and 4.79L for Diesel) for Octavia.
Between Laura base and Superb base, there is enough space for new Laura with advanced Features and increased prices.

Lets Hope for the best.
Well Said and rightly presumed I feel. The euro rapid is exactly the same as the Indian Octavia being sighted. And it slots perfectly between the Indian rapid and Indian Laura.

If this is the way they are headed we can expect the base petrols start off at 10 lacs and high end diesels go upto 15 keeping it well below the Laura's and Jetta's.

The interiors look smashing and it's a manual so I assume they are bringing it in many trims. Glad to see a full touch HU.

It's finally being seen everywhere so I am keeping fingers crossed for a near launch date hopefully.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 19:03   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Well Said and rightly presumed I feel. The euro rapid is exactly the same as the Indian Octavia being sighted. And it slots perfectly between the Indian rapid and Indian Laura.
This detail was reported in AutoCar or ACI or one of those mags around 5-6 months ago. I clearly remember them saying exactly this.
Old 9th April 2013, 19:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1

Quote:

If this is the way they are headed we can expect the base petrols start off at 10 lacs and high end diesels go upto 15 keeping it well below the Laura's and Jetta's.

The interiors look smashing and it's a manual so I assume they are bringing it in many trims. Glad to see a full touch HU.

It's finally being seen everywhere so I am keeping fingers crossed for a near launch date hopefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This detail was reported in AutoCar or ACI or one of those mags around 5-6 months ago. I clearly remember them saying exactly this.
Basically, I don't understand any of this. This has been reported at many places that Skoda, with the 'new' Octavia, which is the 3rd gen model, is bringing back the Octavia moniker. Back then, they had adopted the Laura name for the last gen since we still had the 1st gen Octavia on sale. Now, the world will call it Octavia, and so will we

The euro Rapid is a different car and is NOT the car that we all see on this thread. It is not getting launched in India. We have the 'bogus' Rapid instead

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 9th April 2013 at 19:17.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 19:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Really, I was crucified on the other thread for suggesting this and ACI was the know-it-all media quoted to declare that the Euro Rapid was not coming to India and it was only going to be the new Octavia to replace the Laura.

The Rapid is about 15cms shorter and comes only with 1.4P and 1.6D engines, not sure how they can price it higher than the existing (Indian)one. No L&K like feature list or leather, atleast in the UK market, although 1.4TSI with DSG option is there.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 19:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sorry, but I don’t see a reason for this kind of speculation. The Octavia is being spotted in various cities, almost all automobile media is reporting on the launch of 3rd gen Octavia in its original name, why bringing the Euro Rapid into the picture again? If you have any news/leads on the launch of Euro Rapid in India, please share it here. Thank you.
European Rapid was spotted in India last year in May:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...l-concept.html

And Remember the Tag Line of Skoda. It says: "SIMPLY CLEVER".

They are testing New Octavia without any coverings and full big branding. Its as simple as that. They want Indians to talk about it. They know Octavia was considered and successful just because of its VFM image whereas Laura is a Niche Brand.
Also, what was need of discontinuing Active Variants of Laura?

Last edited by oops : 9th April 2013 at 19:42.
Old 9th April 2013, 19:51   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
European Rapid was spotted in India last year in May:
Please read that thread carefully, and let me know where it is mentioned as ‘spotted in India’

Quote:
The euro rapid is exactly the same as the Indian Octavia being sighted.
Sorry, that’s wrong information!

Just to avoid confusion, posting a comparison pic below. First one is the European Rapid, second is the 3rd gen Octavia (recently launched in the UK), and the 3rd pic is of the car Karan spotted in Mumbai-Pune expressway. It’s quite easy to identify which car is doing test rounds in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-photo.jpg  

vb-saan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 20:21   #67
BHPian

Any idea if they will offer the Combi version? I really am looking for a replacement for my Innova and I absolutely love the look of the Combi (with it's dog carrying capacity ) coupled with the speed safety and comfort a car can offer.
rrnsss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 21:03   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Any idea if they will offer the Combi version? I really am looking for a replacement for my Innova and I absolutely love the look of the Combi (with it's dog carrying capacity ) coupled with the speed safety and comfort a car can offer.
I love the combi too.
Wish they would resurrect it!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 21:33   #69
BHPian

The new Octavia sure looks good. A small engine but more power will work well in India. In fact, this may also kill the Laura I feel. The same way Honda City played a major role in killing the Civic.

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 9th April 2013, 21:46   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
The new Octavia sure looks good. A small engine but more power will work well in India. In fact, this may also kill the Laura I feel. The same way Honda City played a major role in killing the Civic.

Cheers!
Rohan

Reports suggest that Skoda themselves will kill off the current Laura once current CKD kits are exhausted.
Old 9th April 2013, 23:01   #71
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Octavia 2013 video review from CarBuyer UK. Normally I am not a fan of red colour, but this one is quite a looker! Interesting to see which of those features explained will get to India (Park assist, drive modes etc.)

vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:24   #72
BHPian

Nice review! Thank god 'rapid' speculation ended and back to discussing the octavia again!
Really hope they bring the independant rear suspension along with the 1.8 TSI!!

Hope we get the bi-xenons with the led drls in the top end version!

Scoop! 2013 Skoda Octavia (MQB) caught. EDIT : New Pics on Pg 1-newskodaoctavia2013121600x300.jpg
Old 12th April 2013, 00:46   #73
e46
BHPian

I am floored by the elegant design lines and the over all stance. Might I as well say, when I attain a position to buy a D segment car, this would be the ONE. I so badly need those euro spec alloys, driving mode selector and park assist.

This is the car, I aspire to be in.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the new Octavia today at Chakan. Lovely blue shade.
Attached Images

fiat_tarun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 12:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

^
These sightings clearly suggest that the assembly of the New Octavia has started (a la Amaze) and the car should hit the roads by next month. The company is building inventory to supply to all its dealers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks