Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 11:14   #31
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Is this confirmed ? I just sold off my Scorpio and looking for a replacement.A petrol sedan,prefferably AT if it is with in 10.5 lks. City meets all my requirments, but with a new city around the corner i dont feel like spending so much for a car that will get out dated in next 3 months .Other options are Linea T-Jet, Vento and Rapid. I'm confused, is it worth waiting for a new City? I was searching for a good used City AT but all of them are priced so high.
Old 12th August 2013, 12:13   #32
Team-BHP Support

Diesel cars aren't losing their charm quite as yet, but Honda is late to the party as usual. Typical.

While there is little to criticize on the engine front, I believe there is plenty of room for improvement in the ride / handling department. They need to engineer a car that does not wallow about and feel unsettled at the slightest hint of uneven road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Why not? Doesn't oversteer also depend on the wheelbase, traction and weight distribution? Something like Swift DZire (old gen- thin tyres, small wheelbase, big boot) can easily get tail happy when pushed.

I agree with you about the City though. Just don't think it will oversteer at all!
Oversteer in a front wheel drive car.. Hmmm.

Well, lift off oversteer is something one could experience in a fwd car. While approaching a corner, if you yank the wheel whilst simultaneously letting go of the A-pedal, the front wheels momentarily lose traction and you don't wash wide like you normally would when you're on it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 12th August 2013 at 12:15.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 13:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Is this confirmed ? I just sold off my Scorpio and looking for a replacement.A petrol sedan,prefferably AT if it is with in 10.5 lks. City meets all my requirments, but with a new city around the corner i dont feel like spending so much for a car that will get out dated in next 3 months .Other options are Linea T-Jet, Vento and Rapid. I'm confused, is it worth waiting for a new City? I was searching for a good used City AT but all of them are priced so high.
Bluevolt has already answered this question earlier in this thread (Post #10).

Last edited by bsdbsd : 12th August 2013 at 13:42. Reason: Typo
Old 13th August 2013, 15:18   #34
BHPian

Loving the new City already and a clever move by Honda for keeping the looks identical with the Jazz. Will ensure both cars receive familiar treatment and the Jazz will benefit hugely from this. Have marked interesting design cues in the image.

The City's grille is curvy, the headlamp edges are rounded off, the quarter glass panel makes way for the slant roofline and merges nicely with the rear bonnet. Will be interesting to see how different it is from the inside. Expect similar stuff with the Urban SUV as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-123.png  

Old 13th August 2013, 15:48   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

City is probably among the few cars which have become better looking as they have evolved through the generations. This one is again very good looking model. Now we will have to think of a new jargon for this new City. We are running out of them after OHC, NHC, ANHC, ????

But very nice effort by Honda.
Old 13th August 2013, 17:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Loving the new City already ....
I hope we all know that this is just a photo-shopped rendering, and not the actual version. There hasn't been any report of a test mule being spotted either anywhere in the world. The ones which were thought to be City turned out to be CRider, another Honda vehicle unveiled in China.
Old 13th August 2013, 18:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
City is probably among the few cars which have become better looking as they have evolved through the generations. This one is again very good looking model. Now we will have to think of a new jargon for this new City. We are running out of them after OHC, NHC, ANHC, ????

I take this forward by calling it the Brand New Honda City or BNHC. Next gen Honda City sounds odd. BNHC it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post

I hope we all know that this is just a photo-shopped rendering, and not the actual version. There hasn't been any report of a test mule being spotted either anywhere in the world. The ones which were thought to be City turned out to be CRider, another Honda vehicle unveiled in China.
Well watch this space matey, this one looks the part and great at it!
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 18:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
As per hondasacuras.com this is what the all new Honda City could look like. Since its based on Jazz platform, seems someone has Photoshoped it to look like 2014 Jazz.

This is very much possible give that Brio, Amaze and the upcoming MUV all share its front looks with Brio.
Not that I have anything against the H City or this model in particular, but I'm not sure this is an authentic photo and consider it to be a photoshop job/graphic render.

Look at the sun shining on the lady's forehead. The light source seems to be in the direction of the lady's side (left). Whereas there is no light reflection on the bumper which is faced in that direction (in fact it is reflecting something that is dark).

Basis the same, the shadow of the car also looks incorrect (to me). Well, maybe it is real but definitely has the looks of a photoshopped product.

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-honda20city202014.jpg

Motoroids published these spy shots (at the link below) as those of Honda City. If it is, it's interesting to note inclusion of projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.. Also doesn't the alloy look similar to the one on the current top-variant Honda City?
http://www.motoroids.com/news/2014-h...aunch-details/

Coincidentally, that headlight looks very similar to the artistic sketch Anshuman has posted in the rumoured Maruti YL1 thread.

Last edited by k_ajay : 13th August 2013 at 18:51.
Old 14th August 2013, 12:07   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Well, maybe it is real but definitely has the looks of a photoshopped product.
It is photo-shopped. That has been mentioned in the post where this photo appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The link is pretty old, and we have seen this in the forum quite a few times earlier. In fact, the thread in which this first appeared was closed by GTO since the almost fully covered vehicle wasn't really good enough for all our speculations.

AFAIK, this is the CRider which was later unveiled in China. As of now, there possibly has not been any authentic (or even semi-authentic) spy shot of the new Honda City. That is the reason why I keep doubting these reports about a end-2013 launch for a new diesel version.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:27   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I take this forward by calling it the Brand New Honda City or BNHC. Next gen Honda City sounds odd. BNHC it is.

Well watch this space matey, this one looks the part and great at it!
Using Short forms is a violation of the Team BHP rules.

You can call it a 98 City ,04 City or 08 City ,15 City
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:43   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Using Short forms is a violation of the Team BHP rules.

You can call it a 98 City ,04 City or 08 City ,15 City
And we will be glad if you could show us the rule- that using short form is prohibited. Its an abbreviation, that too used in capitals.
Old 14th August 2013, 17:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And we will be glad if you could show us the rule- that using short form is prohibited. Its an abbreviation, that too used in capitals.
Well, I couldnt find where this is mentioned explicitly, but found some corrected posts.

Eg: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3043736

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3043727
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Well, I couldnt find where this is mentioned explicitly, but found some corrected posts.

Eg: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3043736

and

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3043727
Thanks but strange. I learnt these on this very forum itself. In fact, the following post also mentions the term 'NHC'. What is important is that this post comes from a moderator

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...d-61500km.html
Old 14th August 2013, 17:37   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator : Dear All, we had earlier requested to avoid using short form or abbreviation for car since the number of cars and its variants are growing multi fold each year and it's difficult for newer members to understand such abbreviations.

Besides, it also causes hindrances when a member is doing a search using a full search string.

Therefore, request all to use full form of cars for sake of all members.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 17:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks but strange. I learnt these on this very forum itself. In fact, the following post also mentions the term 'NHC'. What is important is that this post comes from a moderator
Thats because this rule was implemented recently after a lot of abbrevations like OHC, NHC, ANHC, YAANHC (Yet another ANHC ), ANHV (for fluidic Verna), etc started floating around.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks