Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 13:04   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

They will show the production version of the Urban SUV but there is no mention of the new City. Although the Global Compact Series platform mentioned is what the City will also be based on.
When is the urban SUV excepted? I would be definitely interested and will wait for it as I plan to upgrade in H1 next year
Old 26th October 2013, 19:00   #167
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
When is the urban SUV excepted? I would be definitely interested and will wait for it as I plan to upgrade in H1 next year
What I have read is that it gets to Japan and the US next year and then to India in 2015.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 23:06   #168
BANNED

One point to see - will the Diesel be the 1500 or its parent the 1600. I expect a VGT in either case. I will bet on the 1500!!
Old 27th October 2013, 10:00   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One point to see - will the Diesel be the 1500 or its parent the 1600. I expect a VGT in either case. I will bet on the 1500!!
It's going to be the 1.5L. If you remember from my Amaze preview drive in Japan, I had mentioned that the 1.5L engine is developed for India whereas the 1.6L is euro spec.

So expect to see the 1.5L in a slightly higher state of tune.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 10:31   #170
Team-BHP Support

I hope they at least showcase the concept that would be getting to the India market. That would give an idea of things to come in India. I also hope they give a better noise insulation for these new products.
Old 27th October 2013, 19:36   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
I got a call from Pride Honda, Hyderabad yesterday confirming that they will start booking in early November. Expected delivery to commence in Jan'14. The petrol and diesel engine options have been decided and it is expected that only the petrol will have the Auto transmission option.

Will give more updates once I hear more from them.
Over here in bangalore, they have started taking bookings for new Honda city but in the name of older honda city(v version).Pay 50K and book the new one @ Dakshin Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Just to add - Yes, the sequence of launch is honda city followed by honda fit / jazz followed by suv
Old 28th October 2013, 00:50   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Over here in bangalore, they have started taking bookings for new Honda city but in the name of older honda city(v version).Pay 50K and book the new one @ Dakshin Honda.
But how many would actually do that since we have no idea how it would look like. What if Honda decides to get rid of all its principles and decides to make the new City look like a utilitarian vehicle ala the Renault Logan. Would people still go through with their booking ?
Old 28th October 2013, 06:30   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post
Over here in bangalore, they have started taking bookings for new Honda city but in the name of older honda city(v version).
Now that's crazy. How can people sign a cheque for booking a vehicle which is yet to be shown to public?
Old 28th October 2013, 09:25   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Personally, I don't mind seeing the Crider here. To me, it doesn't look that garish as being made out - may be a matter of personal preference. To me the car looks a bit butch. Ohh yeah, the current city is any day HAWTER!

Quote:
But how many would actually do that since we have no idea how it would look like. What if Honda decides to get rid of all its principles and decides to make the new City look like a utilitarian vehicle ala the Renault Logan. Would people still go through with their booking ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Now that's crazy. How can people sign a cheque for booking a vehicle which is yet to be shown to public?
I am surprised that you guys are surprised! We have had multiple launches so far where people did NOT know the spec / price / looks and still went ahead and made bookings - the latest being Terrano, 6K bookings without knowing the price! This is definitely NOT the first time.

One of the primary reasons I feel dejected and also feel that the automakers treat us (Indian market) silly ! And some of us keep ranting why do we get such shoddy treatment!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th October 2013 at 09:28.
Old 28th October 2013, 10:04   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised that you guys are surprised! We have had multiple launches so far where people did NOT know the spec / price / looks and still went ahead and made bookings - the latest being Terrano
Agree with you. I am aware of those pre-booking sagas. Nissan Terrano was previewed to customers and similar thing was happened in the case of Ford EcoSport as well. But here it is totally different in new Honda City's case - No one knows which is the product. Still company expects people to come forward and pay amount for pre-booking.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 10:28   #176
BANNED

It could be a case where the dealers and not necessarily the company is mooching off gullible customers. Like said, the booking amount of 50k (whopping) is being taken and a booking of the current city is being done.

What it tells me (& I very well maybe wrong) is that the dealers will have a bank full of cash, of which interest and other multipliers will be earned, up until the company launches the car. At which point, the dealer will simply place the orders in the sequence they received the money. Here's a case, where I don't think Honda is particularly at fault.

But agree to the maddening psyche of the Indian customer, herd mentality - if a car is being bought by my peers, it ought to be good. The guy who booked the last of the Terranos must have thought 5999 ahead of him can't be wrong. I was at Ford to see the Ecosport and after all the talks I asked him if I could drive it; the sales advisor was bemused and replied " you need a test drive?"; replied very humbly to him "you sure your product is worth 11 lakhs?"

Too bad, I don't see this herd mentality changing - in India, there are enough people out there to plonk their money and bet against a tide.
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:49   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
They were planning to bring in 1600 cc, both for petrol as well as Diesel as they want to add that 100 cc extra for the Automatic Climatronic AC.

Meanwhile an update, these are the list of features the car may have extra over the outgoing model in its top-end avatar-
  • Bi-Xenon
  • MID
  • Auto Folding ORVM's
  • Climate Control AC with rear vents
  • CD, USB Player with Bluetooth Integration as well as Micro SD Card reader
  • Digital Console for Speedometer

The reason I say may have is, The current top-end model which is at the plant is with these features, however, knowing Honda India, they may invariably want to strip down on certain features in the car. And the most likely one to be stripped out citing cost issues would be Bi-Xenon.

Also, I don't think, Honda would launch Crider in India with City badging, my reasons being
  1. Crider is not Based on the Jazz Platform, City always was going to be based on the Jazz Platform
  2. Internationally, Crider seats between the Civic and the Accord, so if they launch the car in India at a cheaper cost, they would be in bargain end up damaging the brand "Crider" which is yet to establish itself.

However, if they do, I am glad that I have the current generation City, as this one with its aeroshot design looks way hotter than the Crider. It simply doesn't matter then what all features will the New City come in with.
sawnilrules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 12:08   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
They were planning to bring in 1600 cc, both for petrol as well as Diesel as they want to add that 100 cc extra for the Automatic Climatronic AC.
Why I said 1500 is that it is already under production, adding a VGT should up the power to about 125-130 bhp. Also, the same may be used in the Jazz Mk.II

Last edited by sgiitk : 28th October 2013 at 12:09.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 12:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post

Meanwhile an update, these are the list of features the car may have extra over the outgoing model in its top-end avatar-
  • Bi-Xenon
  • MID
  • Auto Folding ORVM's
  • Climate Control AC with rear vents
  • CD, USB Player with Bluetooth Integration as well as Micro SD Card reader
  • Digital Console for Speedometer

The reason I say may have is, The current top-end model which is at the plant is with these features, however, knowing Honda India, they may invariably want to strip down on certain features in the car. And the most likely one to be stripped out citing cost issues would be Bi-Xenon.

Also, I don't think, Honda would launch Crider in India with City badging
Honda doesn't have a 1.6l gasoline engine planned in the Earth Dreams series AFAIK. The next highest after 1.5l is the 1.8l in petrol engines.

I hope they don't strip xenons from the top variant. For me at least, it is a selling point.

I agree with you about the Crider. It is based on the Civic platform and is not the next City.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 13:56   #180
BHPian

Quote:
But how many would actually do that since we have no idea how it would look like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am surprised that you guys are surprised! We have had multiple launches so far where people did NOT know the spec / price / looks and still went ahead and made bookings - the latest being Terrano, 6K bookings without knowing the price! This is definitely NOT the first time.
I registered on honda site for inquiring about City. A dealer called me the next day and immediately tried to sell Amaze!! I said I am interested in City. He immediately said that I can book it right away and delivery will be in Jan. He didn't mention about the new city being launched till now. I asked him when is the launch and when is the pricing declared. The both will be in December and bookings will open from November. No old city in stock.
These people really expect customers to buy a car without seeing it, without TD, without knowing the specs and without knowing the price. I am shocked at the audacity of these guys. Who said we Indians don't aim high
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks