Old 7th October 2013, 10:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

It is a Business Standard story that ran late Friday, not ET:

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0400736_1.html
Old 8th October 2013, 07:02   #62
BHPian

Its good to see that Honda is getting aggressive in Indian market. But Honda is bit, somehow I feel the demand for diesel cars have been slightly cooled off now.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm ... I am not sure if this plan will work for Honda. They are very late to bring diesel in India. City with diesel engine will cost 10+ L on road for sure. People know City as a petrol car for years, so will they accept it in diesel is a big question. Same problem was faced by SX4 and Corolla. Both were famous for petrol & when they launched diesel any body hardly noticed. Their sales numbers shows that. They hardly get any benefit with diesel engine in terms of sales. Same story will be applicable for Jazz. It will be like 9 lacs for diesel. So people will not buy it. I am not saying nobody will buy, but they will hardly get any volume for it. For these two models to succeed Honda need to price it aggressively, improve the dealer attitude and need to increase the number of dealerships in India with very strong marketing and advertising.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Hmmm ... I am not sure if this plan will work for Honda. They are very late to bring diesel in India. City with diesel engine will cost 10+ L on road for sure. People know City as a petrol car for years, so will they accept it in diesel is a big question. Same problem was faced by SX4 and Corolla. Both were famous for petrol & when they launched diesel any body hardly noticed. Their sales numbers shows that. They hardly get any benefit with diesel engine in terms of sales. Same story will be applicable for Jazz. It will be like 9 lacs for diesel. So people will not buy it. I am not saying nobody will buy, but they will hardly get any volume for it. For these two models to succeed Honda need to price it aggressively, improve the dealer attitude and need to increase the number of dealerships in India with very strong marketing and advertising.
Honda City Petrol is already 10 lacs + OTR . Personally i don see any comparison of SX4 D , Corolla D vs City D here. SX4 D dint sell as at that price level there were better options , Corolla D could cater only to the chauffeur crowd . City can easily overtake the segment leader Verna , but for that Honda has to equip it decently with features which are missing on Current City !
Old 8th October 2013, 21:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

If not for the numbers in terms of volume, this move will at least help them not to be in a position they were, last year.
Having vehicles and engines that can cater to either group helps prevent a whitewash kinda situation.
Old 10th October 2013, 09:53   #66
BHPian

It seems like the production of current gen Honda City has been stopped. I had inquired a few dealers about the booking of Current Honda City & the dealers with no car in their stock have clearly stated that the Honda City bookings have been closed till December, while one dealer (Heritage Honda, Mathura) has stated that the new 2014 Honda City is expected till December end.
The dealers who still have a few cars left in their stockyard have denied any official news of launch on new Honda City.

The "December 2013" month seems to be common in their denying the bookings & the expected launch.
So, maybe we will, after all, see an All New 2014 Honda City with a Diesel Avatar by this year end.

Though on Second thoughts, is it actually possible for the company to be launching a new car with such a tight loop? I mean, we don't even have a genuine rendering of the new Honda City, neither has been a camouflaged test mule touted as the new City being spotted anywhere.

Also, is Honda prepared for another car with a potential of Huge Bookings, considering their existing backlog with Amaze. Time will tell.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:39   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Also, is Honda prepared for another car with a potential of Huge Bookings, considering their existing backlog with Amaze. Time will tell.
It would be very surprising indeed, if Honda was to cease production of a flagship product and exit a segment! There has been no news on any other Honda product being launched anyways. In fact, IIRC, Honda was planning on setting up multiple plants in the near future. Expansion, sure; exit from segment, I don't think so!
Old 10th October 2013, 11:13   #68
Senior - BHPian

This is one situation where I wish the carmaker would do a pre-launch event in line with the trend (EcoSport, Octavia, Terrano) so that I can compare and make a decision between the 2014 City and Vento TSI.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
It seems like the production of current gen Honda City has been stopped. I had inquired a few dealers about the booking of Current Honda City & the dealers with no car in their stock have clearly stated that the Honda City bookings have been closed till December, while one dealer (Heritage Honda, Mathura) has stated that the new 2014 Honda City is expected till December end.
The dealers who still have a few cars left in their stockyard have denied any official news of launch on new Honda City.
Isnt it too early to stop City productions? There is not a single report of test mules being spotted.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Isnt it too early to stop City productions? There is not a single report of test mules being spotted.
Exactly my point. Following are the mails that I received from 2 different dealers that kind of confirm this.

Prestige Honda Patiala-Sales <salesptl@lallymotors.net>
Oct 9 (1 day ago)

to Ankur
Dear Ankur Gupta

Thank you very much for showing interest to purchase Honda City through us.

We wish to inform you that for current Honda City we are booked till December.

In order to avert any customer inconvenience we have stopped taking bookings for all variants of Honda City at our dealerships till further notice.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you that we will get back to you immediately once we reopen bookings.

We once again thank you and request your continued patronage on Honda products.

Kind Regards"

Sarabjeet Singh
Agm- Sales
Prestige Honda
Patiiala

Heritage Honda-Mathura- Sales <sales.mathura@heritagehonda.in>
Oct 9 (1 day ago)

to Ankur
Dear Sir,

First of all thanks to interest in Honda sir for your kind information
Honda City is Not available in any Variant because the Company is
producing its New Edition of Honda City In Nov or Dec Next Month.

Kindly cooperate with us.

Be in touch for More Information

Thanking You Again
Regards
Yogesh Kumar

On inquiring from Mr Yogesh about clarifying "December Next Month", he replied with December 2013.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:56   #71
BHPian

I got a chance to visit Honda factory last week for a IT project and spoke in details with their IT staff for the strategy of Honda for India market. These details are not validated and can be just the views of that respective IT staff only. He was auto enthusiast and we discussed all about Honda and IT project discussions went on backseat

As per him

a) Honda next offering will be Brio with diesel. He said it will be 1.5 iDtec engine.
b) Honda City in new format is very aggressive and will be launched in diesel and petrol both. Honda will launch it during auto expo. New City is currently present in their Indian R&D centre and some units have been dispatched to their dealers for the feedback. We will soon be seeing test mules on road.
c) Honda other offering will be the compact SUV which is launched in Thailand with name Mobilio. He was not sure about the engine offering for this vehicle.
d) Interestingly he said that Honda is working on small segment car (smaller than Brio) and that is also in plans of Honda. He himself have seen the car with his eyes and that car will be competing with Alto, Spark etc
e) He was not sure about Jazz future. As per him Honda wants to launch Jazz but due to pricing factor they are not that keen about it. He said that Jazz is in back-foot with their current strategy. He also said that they are now facing issues with part availability of Jazz in India as new model have most of the parts changed and older Jazz parts are no longer produced. He told me to be cautious when I get service done for my Jazz because dealers might change/take out loose parts.
<Badguy> is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 13:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

I am at ring road honda delhi for servicing my City and here there are two smt ready for delievery and bookings are still open and the cars are available off the shelves atleast here in Delhi. They are however telling that new model will come by next year (auto expo 14).
Old 10th October 2013, 13:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am at ring road honda delhi for servicing my City and here there are two smt ready for delievery and bookings are still open and the cars are available off the shelves atleast here in Delhi. They are however telling that new model will come by next year (auto expo 14).

I had called Pearl Honda, Gurgaon inquiring about the Honda City. They said that the only available variant was the V - MT & were offering Insurance Free + additional 25K discount on that model & blatantly refused to take booking for any other variant. He said that the production of Honda City was being stopped to take care of the Amaze backlog.
So, I guess its basically the clearing up of stock that is happening at the dealers.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
a) Honda next offering will be Brio with diesel. He said it will be 1.5 iDtec engine.
b) Honda City in new format is very aggressive and will be launched in diesel and petrol both. Honda will launch it during auto expo. New City is currently present in their Indian R&D centre and some units have been dispatched to their dealers for the feedback. We will soon be seeing test mules on road.
c) Honda other offering will be the compact SUV which is launched in Thailand with name Mobilio. He was not sure about the engine offering for this vehicle.
d) Interestingly he said that Honda is working on small segment car (smaller than Brio) and that is also in plans of Honda. He himself have seen the car with his eyes and that car will be competing with Alto, Spark etc
e) He was not sure about Jazz future. As per him Honda wants to launch Jazz but due to pricing factor they are not that keen about it. He said that Jazz is in back-foot with their current strategy. He also said that they are now facing issues with part availability of Jazz in India as new model have most of the parts changed and older Jazz parts are no longer produced. He told me to be cautious when I get service done for my Jazz because dealers might change/take out loose parts.
On the trail of the 2014 City, what you say that the car is at their R&D center fits with what another member wrote on another thread (or was it this?). He said a colleague who had gone to Honda for business discussions had seen it. Interestingly, he also used the word "aggressive" to describe the looks.
Old 14th October 2013, 10:53   #75
BHPian

Went to Sundaram Honda yesterday for checking out honda amaze diesel for my brother. Heard from the Customer executive that the honda city diesel will be launched in late jan 2014 or early feb 2014. He mentioned that the current honda city petrol cars production is stopped and they have approx 25 in numbers at their yard for the sale. They don't have AT's in that number.
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks