Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 07:18   #106

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Those images of the Crider make me cringe. Can't understand which was Honda's design team is going. This car looks like a mash up between the Brio, the Accord and the Hyundai Verna. I'm sure people would be happier with the current gen City+ the diesel engine.
Old 21st October 2013, 11:49   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil21 View Post
Those images of the Crider make me cringe. Can't understand which was Honda's design team is going. This car looks like a mash up between the Brio, the Accord and the Hyundai Verna. I'm sure people would be happier with the current gen City+ the diesel engine.
+1
Way too many lines on that car. Will be quite a contrast compared to the current gen City, atleast in the looks department.
Old 21st October 2013, 12:15   #108
Senior - BHPian

OMG!!

The front end resembles the Accord/Brio.
Side profile - Honda Amaze and
Tail part(look at the second pic) - Hyundai Verna
Attached Thumbnails
Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-hondacridersedanmain_560x420.jpg  

Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013-hondacridersedanmain1_560x420.jpg  

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 21st October 2013 at 12:21.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 12:44   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
OMG!!

What is wrong with Honda's designers? That front is plain hideous. First they ruined the Civic and now this!

The Koreans have come a long way and are making good looking cars now. Are the Japs losing the plot? I just can't digest the looks of some of the recent models coming out of Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:27   #110
BHPian

Looks like Honda is content selling the likes of Brio and the Amaze.
Crider as the new City will be a disaster.
IMO the current gen City can hold good for a couple of more years. All it needs is a diesel engine.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

Something seriously seems wrong with the designers. Why would Honda want to move from the clean and neat long lines of the current Honda City to this one, with so many creases and lines? That central 'ridge' (can we call it that?) design on the bonnet/hood is so Skoda.

Side profile makes it look sharp but overall the design isn't very tasteful. Unlike Honda. But going by their recent Jazz's bumper's design, I am afraid if this kind of design is going to feature on all future Hondas. Dreading it.

Last edited by k_ajay : 21st October 2013 at 15:53.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:17   #112
Team-BHP Support

Others than this news piece/rumour from Zigwheels, do we have any confirmed news on this?

The Honda City, along with the Civic are quite a popular in SE Asia. In those markets, these cars play in specific segments (City goes against the likes of Toyota Vios, and Civic is pitted against Corolla, Mazda 3 etc.). Bringing a car with dimensions bigger than a Civic, as a replacement to the City does not make any sense at all.

I can see this (Crider as City) as a possibility only if Honda has some India specific plans – to slot in one model to cover both the City and Civic.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1 View Post
+1
Way too many lines on that car. Will be quite a contrast compared to the current gen City, atleast in the looks department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
OMG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
What is wrong with Honda's designers? That front is plain hideous. First they ruined the Civic and now this!

The Koreans have come a long way and are making good looking cars now. Are the Japs losing the plot? I just can't digest the looks of some of the recent models coming out of Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Looks like Honda is content selling the likes of Brio and the Amaze.
Crider as the new City will be a disaster.
IMO the current gen City can hold good for a couple of more years. All it needs is a diesel engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Something seriously seems wrong with the designers. Why would Honda want to move from the clean and neat long lines of the current Honda City to this one, with so many creases and lines? That central 'ridge' (can we call it that?) design on the bonnet/hood is so Skoda.

Side profile makes it look sharp but overall the design isn't very tasteful. Unlike Honda. But going by their recent Jazz's bumper's design, I am afraid if this kind of design is going to feature on all future Hondas. Dreading it.
Folks, the Crider is not the future of Honda design nor is it the basis for the new City:
http://world.honda.com/news/2013/413...ket/index.html
From the press release - Guangqi Honda Automobile Co., Ltd., Honda's automobile production and sales joint venture in China, today began sales of the CRIDER (Chinese name: 凌派), Honda's first model developed in China for Chinese market.... the CRIDER was developed primarily by Honda's Chinese associates exclusively for customers in China...

It is a car designed in China for China. Also look at the dimensions and engine size - it is not City size even if the 2014 City grows a little.

Last edited by StarScream : 21st October 2013 at 16:21.
StarScream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 16:26   #114
BHPian

Well then, that's sort of a relief. For a moment was worried Honda is going the Toyota way with their new designs. Every new design of Toyota that I have come across of late just made me wonder why they're trying so hard to make their cars look ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
].... the CRIDER was developed primarily by Honda's Chinese associates exclusively for customers in China...
That explains the weird front end
Old 21st October 2013, 16:34   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

The current gen Honda City still looks very fresh. I would not mind, in fact will be happy if Honda just plonks a fuel efficient diesel power plant in the current model. Until now, City has been a car which has turned better looking with every evolution. Hope, December'13 will not be the end of this tradition.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:51   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Folks, the Crider is not the future of Honda design nor is it the basis for the new City:

It is a car designed in China for China. Also look at the dimensions and engine size - it is not City size even if the 2014 City grows a little.
That's a relief.

And Honda if you do come across this page while scanning internet forums for feedback, I hope you get the point that we in India DO NOT like the design language you've adopted for the Crider.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:00   #117
BHPian

Does anyone got official confirmation that the City Diesel would be released either in Dec or Jan / Feb 2014 ? I am one of the person waiting in long queue for Ecosport. I would buy a City if its feasible in time
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:13   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
Does anyone got official confirmation that the City Diesel would be released either in Dec or Jan / Feb 2014 ? I am one of the person waiting in long queue for Ecosport. I would buy a City if its feasible in time
Honda is planning an unveil by year end, which is not the launch! and the new City would go on sale, first in Thailand, followed by India ( which is their usual strategy ) so I don't think deliveries in India would happen before mid 2014.

And, the Cidar was planned as a car to slot between the City and the Civic, and it was a China market specific car, IIRC. So unless we have a consolidated info / a test mule, lets not waste time bashing the Cidar. I do hate it too, with gawdy lines and oversized chrome slabs around the grills, but whats the point here?

Please enlighten me, if I am missing something here.
aravind.anand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:29   #119
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Only after the launch of Jazz, will the 2014 City be launched. Jazz was announced in July and was launched in Japan in september , it will then be launched in Thailand and only after which will india get the Jazz.

The 2014 Honda city is not even announced yet,so I don't think it will be launched this year,it will mostly be launched in Q3 to Q4 of 2014.

Last edited by aim120 : 22nd October 2013 at 13:32.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:53   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
Only after the launch of Jazz, will the 2014 City be launched. Jazz was announced in July and was launched in Japan in september , it will then be launched in Thailand and only after which will india get the Jazz.

The 2014 Honda city is not even announced yet,so I don't think it will be launched this year,it will mostly be launched in Q3 to Q4 of 2014.
And you know this how? Or is it an educated guess? I personally think, positioning the Jazz will be a much harder task for Honda than the City, especially with the Amaze and Mobilio. A new diesel City is a much easier sell.

If you've followed this thread, Autocar reported earlier this year that Honda has moved forward the launch of the City because the current model cannot take the diesel engine. The Business Standard reported earlier this month in an interview with Jnaneswar Sen that the City will be shown in Japan in November and then will come to India (early 2014). I have heard from people who have spoken to Sen that Honda is trying for a late 2013 India launch. Two people on this forum have reported that their colleagues have seen the car at the factory in Greater Noida. Dealers have stopped taking fresh bookings and are emptying out stock yards. All this indicates it is coming first and soon.

Last edited by StarScream : 22nd October 2013 at 14:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks