Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:29   #136
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post

Dimension-ally, the new car is wider and longer than its outgoing version, and expect the car to be costlier than the current one.
Any guesses how much will be an increase in the price?
Can we expect the base City Diesel model at 9.0 lakhs ex-showroom?
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

So with stock outs expected across the country by the end of October and people getting a chance to book a new City only after 3 months is not a good situation in my view. No matter how good the car and the diesel engine, Honda marketing department would have its task cut out.
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:41   #138
Senior - BHPian

E and S MT are very much available in Mumbai though in limited numbers. However the discounts are not compelling. Just around 30k.
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
E and S MT are very much available in Mumbai though in limited numbers. However the discounts are not compelling. Just around 30k.
S MT is available, however all colours are not available. E MT is not there anywhere, I was scouting for 1 as my cousin intended to buy 1. Infact his first choice was V AT or S AT, But as no AT was available he was to opt for E MT, but sadly as E MT was not available, finally he settled in for S MT
Old 24th October 2013, 02:17   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Any guesses how much will be an increase in the price?
Can we expect the base City Diesel model at 9.0 lakhs ex-showroom?
Ain't it to early to speculate the price ? No one has seen the car yet. Considering that the new City will be bigger than the current model and will also be trying to fill in the void created by the Civic, i have a felling that Honda will charge a premium. I hope they don't though.
Old 24th October 2013, 02:27   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post

Ain't it to early to speculate the price ? No one has seen the car yet. Considering that the new City will be bigger than the current model and will also be trying to fill in the void created by the Civic, i have a felling that Honda will charge a premium. I hope they don't though.
I agree.

I also have a feeling that the new City will be more expensive than the current. One reason is of course the void left by civic, another being the need to slot in the next generation Jazz and Brio based MPV.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 06:43   #142
BHPian

The 2014 City will be a very important model for Honda. They should not launch Crider as City in Indian market. The test mules of the new City are yet to be spotted, so I doubt Honda may rebadge Crider in Indian market. But currently there is no diesel motor available in Crider range, so the chances of re-badging also less. Anyways an interesting story to watch for.
Old 24th October 2013, 07:44   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
So with stock outs expected across the country by the end of October and people getting a chance to book a new City only after 3 months is not a good situation in my view. No matter how good the car and the diesel engine, Honda marketing department would have its task cut out.
After diwali, normally people prefer to wait for a couple of months to get the next year manufactured car. Those who want to buy in the month of Nov and Dec expect more discount since the resale value will be less compared to next year manufactured car.

If Honda announces the arrival of new car after stock out, many will prefer to wait for couple of months. Hence Honda may not loose anything. Moreover, Honda is not in the "discount league" and gives very less discount on their cars (except jazz in the past)
Old 24th October 2013, 08:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

No one spotted a Brio test mule in India right till the car was launched! Same case for the City too?
Is India the debut market for the next-Gen City? As there is no news on the City front from Thailand as of now!
Old 24th October 2013, 09:33   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I agree.

I also have a feeling that the new City will be more expensive than the current. One reason is of course the void left by civic, another being the need to slot in the next generation Jazz and Brio based MPV.
I was expecting the Honda Urban SUV to be placed in the price bracket of Civic. A costlier City would also mean a costlier Urban SUV.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:25   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
No one spotted a Brio test mule in India right till the car was launched! Same case for the City too?
I think it was. I remember seeing a couple of scoops on this very forum. I am not able to dig out the posts as of now.
Moreover, IIRC the Brio was unveiled one year ahead of its launch.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:31   #147
BHPian

I too am hoping that Crider is not what they would re-badge as City for India, cos I read somewhere that in Singapore, Crider was spotted with City batching.

There are chances that City would be expensive by at-least a lac or more Version to Version, considering the level of gizmos the car is going to come with. Secondly even as Karty and Vibbs mentioned, I too agree that, as Civic is no more in their portfolio, they would definitely wants to fill that gap.

Verna, was never a proper C Segment car, it always sat in the segment below, however when Hyundai launched the Fluidic Verna, they smartly moved up the car in C segment. Same strategy was adopted by Ford for Fiesta, So it won't be wrong to assume that Honda City which always was a C Segment car, Honda would not want to push their car closer to the D Segment. Also lets not forget New-City would be dimension ally bigger and wider then all the C Segment cars in the market currently.
Old 24th October 2013, 12:18   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
I think it was. I remember seeing a couple of scoops on this very forum. I am not able to dig out the posts as of now.
Moreover, IIRC the Brio was unveiled one year ahead of its launch.
Yes the concept car was shown at the Auto Expo a year before launch.

Separately, Honda has announced its display line up for the Tokyo Motor Show in November:
http://world.honda.com/news/2013/c13...how/index.html

They will show the production version of the Urban SUV but there is no mention of the new City. Although the Global Compact Series platform mentioned is what the City will also be based on.

Last edited by StarScream : 24th October 2013 at 12:24. Reason: Adds GCS context
Old 24th October 2013, 20:16   #149
BHPian

I had a visit today to Peninsular Honda, the renowned dealer at Trivandrum,Kerala.

The sales manager conveyed that the arrival of City can happen anytime between Dec mid and Jan mid.
The expected power is 100 - 110 PS with 250 - 300 NM torque. Its a great news for all Honda fans.

They are now clearing the 2013 manufactured City and new bookings are on hold.
Bookings will start most probably by December.

Honda suspects that the entry of City might affect the sales of Amaze internally and the sales of Rapid, Vento, Verna and Etios externally !!
Old 25th October 2013, 09:48   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikz View Post
Honda suspects that the entry of City might affect the sales of Amaze internally and the sales of Rapid, Vento, Verna and Etios externally !!
If there is a pricing overlap between the City's base model & Amaze's top model, then City would definitely eat up a portion of sales of Amaze.
But as long as both the cars are Honda, they will have nothing to worry about.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks