Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 10:34   #151
BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

If the new City eats up some shares of Amaze, should Honda be worried? I don't think so, because ultimately both are going to single pocket. The only question will be which one would be more profitable for Honda ie entry level City or Fully loaded Amaze?
Old 25th October 2013, 11:42   #152
BHPian

I have a fully loaded Amaze . Vxmt diesel . If city was available in diseel I would have bought the base version without looking at the amaze . It looks more elegant than the Amaze . My personal opinion .
Old 25th October 2013, 13:37   #153
BANNED

Naturally two saloons may cannibalise each other. But City will be at least 2-2.5l costlier.
Old 25th October 2013, 13:54   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
If the new City eats up some shares of Amaze, should Honda be worried? I don't think so, because ultimately both are going to single pocket. The only question will be which one would be more profitable for Honda ie entry level City or Fully loaded Amaze?
It's also about how much goes into that one pocket. Honda city will give them more profit margin than Honda amaze.
Old 25th October 2013, 14:36   #155
Senior - BHPian

I live near to a honda dealership,here in bangalore,and i noticed yesterday that there are very few City's in the stockyard.Out of maybe 50 cars just 5 Citys.So they are definately preparing for a new City.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 15:37   #156

Went to Dakshin Honda,Bangalore last week -

The Marketing personnel told me that they have stopped taking any booking for Honda-City. He also mentioned that the price of "New" City would be more than the present Honda-City and hence wouldn't overlap with Honda-Amaze so much.

Timeline Rumor

Expectation is that the "new" City would arrive early next year (said Something like Feb'14).

Styling Rumor

Honda Marketing Personnel said, It would look like Accord's mini version with a hint of Hyundai's fluidic theme from the side.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:05   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post

Styling Rumor

Honda Marketing Personnel said, It would look like Accord's mini version with a hint of Hyundai's fluidic theme from the side.
This description matches that of the crider for sure. On seeing the pics of the crider this was my exact opinion. headlights are like that of accord while side profile does seem like verna.
that means crider wil be the new city.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes-anonymous View Post

Styling Rumor

Oh, not hyundai's fluidic design. please?
We dont need a 'hyundai city'. We need a typical honda with strong and sharp lines. I personally feel hyundai has little overdone the fluidic theme on some of their cars. (No offence to owners, its just a personal opinion.)
I think the new city, with the expected price hike and larger footprint will be positioned somewhere between C2 and D1 segments. There is no civic now to compete, anyway. People looking to buy a honda midsizer might have to settle for top end amaze or increase their budget for the base city.
On another note, just wondering what this new city might be called in short? ANNHC? :-)
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 09:41   #159
BHPian

The only major grouse I have with my Honda City other than the ground clearance is the fact that every time I have to check the air in the stepney, the entire wheel has to be removed and screwed back after checking the air, which is absolute nonsense. Why can't they have a long screw and keep the wheel facing up like in all Maruti cars? Hope they rectify this aspect in the new car.
thesilentone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 11:21   #160
BHPian

I got a call from Pride Honda, Hyderabad yesterday confirming that they will start booking in early November. Expected delivery to commence in Jan'14. The petrol and diesel engine options have been decided and it is expected that only the petrol will have the Auto transmission option.

Will give more updates once I hear more from them.
Old 26th October 2013, 11:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

I had created the thread of Crider for City in India, but it was dismissed as rumour & the thread deleted. However, I am sure it is the car which will replace the City, though it will be placed in higher (price) braket. IMO this won't be as flashy as the Chinese version, maybe like the Brazilian version, but will have quality interiors like the Civic (unlike the ANHC which had average interiors).

However, main challenge for Honda will be to mask the vibrations on 1.5/1.6L diesel mill in this car, which as per international reviewers is viby to the extent making few uncomfortable, very unlike Honda's creamy petrol mills. Moreover, in few shades the body creases would look acceptable to classy IMO (& maybe not as flashy as Hyundai's Fluidic theme).

I am eagerly awaiting this car & its reception in Indian market, & I'm sure it will manage well because of Honda's brand & diesel mill both.
Old 26th October 2013, 11:48   #162
J.Ravi

I hope that the 2014 Honda City would be equipped with the automatic climate control, all disc brakes and atleast 195 mm-wide tyres. I am keeping my fingers crossed as 2014 Honda City is in my list for upgrading.

Old 26th October 2013, 12:04   #163
BANNED

@autotranny; My info is about the same about delivery dates. The demo cars are expected with th4 dealers in late Dec /Early Jan.
Old 26th October 2013, 12:31   #164
BHPian

Just curious !!
Is this the first time a major automaker is launching an important vehicle without any formal unveiling or without any test mules ?
Old 26th October 2013, 12:44   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Honda city will give them more profit margin than Honda amaze.
In that case Honda need not to worry about siblings rivalry. By the way it looks like Crider will be City in India. In my opinion Crider is a slightly overdone car but we Indians have affection to chrome garnishing so Honda need not to worry much.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks