Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 10:19   #481
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
I will be taking delivery of my car which is carbon black with Ivory white interiors.
Congratulations, this is one of the best combinations Ivory/ Black looks very nice. Just take care to wipe the seats regularly if you wear denim. 3M has a nice leather cleaning spray.

Graaja has already answered to your queries, I will only add some more points
Quote:
perhaps your advise can influence my next change.
Too early to think about change at this time. Just enjoy the beast. You also get 4 sets of Tyres/ Rims in the first Year via BMW Secure in the unlikely event that these get damaged due to any reasons. So drive like a pro.

Quote:
3. Is BSI for 6 to 8 years worth the initial spend?
You will have time till first service to decide. I will say, leave the decision open at this time.

Quote:
would you recommend additional additives?
BMW does mention not to use additives but at the same time sells as well. I am yet to see anyone who uses regularly and has got any advantage. Best will be to run the engine for 4-5000 km and thereafter perhaps use BMW additives once every 4 times of tank full.

Quote:
BS6 fuel wouldn't have the same lubricating properties (for the fuel injectors)in comparison to the BS4 fuel due to the less sulphur content.
I don't think this should matter. If I am not mistaken, this engine runs well in Europe where sulphur content has been always lower.

Quote:
should I be worried about the suspension's durability due to Indian roads? How many kms can be attributed to the suspension's life?
Nothing to worry much as most of the components are in Aluminium so they either work or break. Rubber components may need a change depending on the road conditions or where you part. If you have a covered parking, overall rubber ages well.

Quote:
should I be below any set speed for the first 1000 kms or so?
You should avoid sudden braking and don't go beyond 3000 Rpm's ( That's about 160 Kmph) Have a mix of highway and urban run initially and don't drive at fixed speeds for a longer duration.

Another thing to know that dealership guys don't normally tell, you don't need to buy engine protection for the first year in your insurance, It's already covered by BMW Secure. ( PDF Attached) They might tell you that it has some fine prints but the reality is there is full coverage and anything that's not covered comes under standard warranty. So save 30-50 K by opting out of this addon and buy that beautiful Montblanc cover for the display key ( do ask 25-30 % discount on that as well)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW Secure.pdf (1.69 MB, 290 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th October 2019 at 10:22.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:39   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congratulations, this is one of the best combinations Ivory/ Black looks very nice. Just take care to wipe the seats regularly if you wear denim. 3M has a nice leather cleaning spray.

Another thing to know that dealership guys don't normally tell, you don't need to buy engine protection for the first year in your insurance, It's already covered by BMW Secure. ( PDF Attached) They might tell you that it has some fine prints but the reality is there is full coverage and anything that's not covered comes under standard warranty. So save 30-50 K by opting out of this addon and buy that beautiful Montblanc cover for the display key ( do ask 25-30 % discount on that as well)
Thank you Turbanator. . I have already agreed to insurance clause. one relief is that I was able to get the NCB from my prior car insurer which came to 35%. worth taking the efforts.
Yeah I have the time to take BSI but if they give me good pricing, I will take it up.
Montblanc cover is expensive - he quoted around 35 K.

Last edited by Accent Martin : 29th October 2019 at 11:41.
Old 29th October 2019, 13:40   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! Sharing some views below as a fellow 5 series owner (530i). Some other relevant points are also on my ownershiop review: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-530i-g30.html (My BMW 530i (G30)!)

2. Which one recommended - Run flat tyres v/s regular tubeless? obviously I will utilise the initial RFT set that comes along. perhaps your advise can influence my next change.
In my view, RFTs are always recommended. Safety-wise, they are much better, since sudden deflation and flattening of the tire does not happen,avoiding nasty accidents. There is a small spare wheel in the trunk, it can be used under slow speeds. Run Flats + spare make sure you have peace of mind when going out of town.

BSI is definitely worth it. I took a 5 year BSI, since the 6th year rates are much higher. I am not sure BMW offer a 8 year BSI anymore. Repair costs are very high, major repairs can run into lakhs of rupees, although reliability has improved quite a lot over the years.

4. while taking possession, how many kilometres on the ODO should be taken as acceptable? As of now its 5 kms
5 KMs is the lowest I have heard ! 50-100 KMs is common.

5. my friend fills up Shell V power only for his 320D. while on outstation trips, he carries a sachet of some additive. Whats your take on type of diesel that I should fill up? Normal or premium? would you recommend additional additives?
Normal fuel should do just fine! I have been using normal petrol on my 530i. BMW supplies some additives it recommends that you add once in a very couple of refills. No problem so far!.

8. During my TD, I felt very comfortable while in comfort mode and sturdy while in sport mode. Brilliant personality shift. should I be worried about the suspension's durability due to Indian roads? How many kms can be attributed to the suspension's life?
From the experience of some friends, the suspension should last well over 50,000 KM if driven carefully. BMWs are global cars and many are used as taxis in Europe. Not all European countries have great roads, so this is not a point of worry, unless you are in a rural area and drive rough roads every single day.

9. Now this is a critical question - We all know BMW's air intakes are lower than any other car in India. I was told that the car can slowly creep through water thats at half of the wheel's height. Is this true? and Any advise / demonstrative experiences in handling BMWs through water clogged roads?

BMWs (and other German luxury sedans and hatchbacks) do not take well to water logging. The maximum wading depth is no more than 22 cm or so (9 inches). Best not to risk taking the car out if you suspect rain, BMWs work best as a second car, I have an old Ecosport as a back-up for rainy days and that car can do 50 CM!
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 00:50   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On Wednesday 30 Oct, I will be taking delivery of my car which is carbon black with Ivory white interiors.
Congrats on the 530d. Do share some pics.

30d engine is effortless. Had a TD of X5 30d and just loved it.

Quote:
2. Which one recommended - Run flat tyres v/s regular tubeless? obviously I will utilise the initial RFT set that comes along. perhaps your advise can influence my next change.
City usage Tubeless will do best. Highways, it has to be RFT cause of safety.

530d with lower sidewalls; tubeless would make a huge difference.

Quote:
BSI yes.

10 years / 1,00,000 Kms is best Value For Money.

Quote:
5. my friend fills up Shell V power only for his 320D. while on outstation trips, he carries a sachet of some additive. Whats your take on type of diesel that I should fill up? Normal or premium? would you recommend additional additives?
Fill normal diesel only.

I prefer Reliance always and 2nd choice is Hindustan Petroleum.

Quote:
9. Now this is a critical question - We all know BMW's air intakes are lower than any other car in India. I was told that the car can slowly creep through water thats at half of the wheel's height. Is this true? and Any advise / demonstrative experiences in handling BMWs through water clogged roads?
See stagnant water; change your car route. BMW sedans and water are not best friends. Hydro-static lock cases are aplenty in workshop during monsoon.

With X series, you can take risks since air intake is places just below the bonnet.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 09:17   #485
BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Good Morning.

By God's grace, Yesterday was a fantastic experience. Reached Navnit motors by 2:30 pm, Vinod Raj my sales advisor welcomed me with a great smile and warmth. will circle back to this topic in some time
I had my car orientation a day prior with BMW genius - Philip Jacob who took me through all the details within the car. Well, I have forgotten a few but I guess everyone goes through a learning curve. At times I wish my learning curve is shortened fast; at the same time I feel why the hurry? let me keep learning and keep exploring new stuff for a long period of time.

Flash back 1.5 years - My wife, son and I had drove to Lavelle Road for something and on the way, noticing the BMW showroom I told my wife that I am keen to take a look at the new 5 series hoping to see the remote start and taking the car for a walk. So hopped into the Lavelle Road showroom, saw the 520D, drove it and kept it back. From there on, a seed was planted in my mind about owning a BMW. That grew faster than I expected, but held on to my horses to take the plunge when the time is right. The wait continued till 2019 and during this hibernation period, I was pulled to Jag for a short period of time after a casual visit to the showroom. Now comes confusion - Both are brilliant brands, make awesome products and drive well. The confusion was put to rest after I drove the 5 3 0 D

August 2019 I begin serious discussions with Philip Jacob whom I had met 1.5 years back in Navnit. He was the one who pulled me back from my confusion and told me to take a TD of 530D. That was the deal maker. Since Philip moved to Training, he introduced me to Vinod Raj who assisted me from there on. Pleasant interaction, he understood my firmness to make the purchase, gave me good pricing, and I confirmed my booking. From there on I felt days are not passing by as they used to.

Now to 30 Oct, Our car was kept under a veil, received the final invoice, insurance, receipts, and registration confirmation. was told that it will take a day to get the number plate from the RTO. Picked up rubber mats, car perfume, leather cleaner, microfibre cloth and display key fob leather case. unveiling the car was a great experience, with bouquet exchange, cake cutting, and beyond all these, one thing that stood out and I really appreciated is that - Philip and Vinod were with me throughout, wearing genuine smiles, and they resonated the excitement that I had. Took the car out by around 4 pm.

Expressing an attitude of gratitude - Thank you BMW, Navnit motors , Vinod Raj, Philip Jacob. While for you, a car is sold, for me a dream is accomplished.

PS - will post pics of the car in few days time.

Last edited by Accent Martin : 31st October 2019 at 09:19.
Accent Martin is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 19:36   #486
Senior - BHPian

Just out of curiosity, what current OTR prices are going for the 530d across the country? Seeing 70ish in BOM right now.
Old 1st November 2019, 08:09   #487
BHPian

Good Morning.

Carbon Black is a magical colour to me. of course best colours definition varies from every individual, and so does the looks of the cars. For me, it was a sedan all the way, but my wife preferred SUV especially X3 who later on gave the decision making rights basis my taste and liking. When I was clear on model, I was confused between the Mediterranean Blue v/s Carbon Black. Both looks stunning, however since I had to make a pick, I chose carbon black and no regrets after seeing my car. Fell in love with the colour. I must say BMW has colours that stand out (Of course white is common with all cars) Their bluestone metallic is also unique; its grey, but still got elements of blue.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-image0.jpeg

With two days of driving in Bangalore's extended monsoon, car has attracted some dirt which I will be getting that cleaned up tomorrow. Post that I will be uploading more pics including the interiors.

Would you strongly recommend Paint protection film / ceramic coating? I heard mixed opinions. Few said PPF not recommended as in Indian climate, the film will eventually turn yellow and the sides will start accumulating dirt similar to the tempered glass on mobile phones. I am visualising the feel of plastic when I touch the car that has PPF.
I also heard Ceramic doesn't have lifelong guarantee and if not done well, the differences will be seen and there is nothing we can do about it as that bonds with the paint.

I am thinking not to do anything with the car. I welcome your thoughts.
Accent Martin is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 08:26   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would you strongly recommend Paint protection film / ceramic coating? I heard mixed opinions.
I will absolutely recommend complete PPF. Not only it keeps the paint free from swirls, but it also helps in small nicks. I have only positive experiences and No, it's not like plastic. You can even do a ceramic coating on a PPF. Best will be to get it ASAP before the surface gets any marks. You might be surprised to find so many marks already if you inspect carefully under white light. Expel is the leader followed by 3M. Except for the roof, it should cost you 1,5-2,5 lac for the whole body and worth every paisa.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 18:20   #489
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Accent Martin! Its a brilliant machine. You will enjoy it more and more as you get familiar with it.

My car has just completed 2 years. Its Mediterranean Blue with ivory interiors. Though the interiors look fabulous, you have to be very careful with them in Indian conditions. I just got my seats cleaned at my second service and they look as good as new again. However that new car smell that I loved, completely vanished after the cleaning. So hold off as long as you can and just maintain good discipline to keep it clean.

Cheers!
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 08:14   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Congrats on your purchase Accent Martin! Its a brilliant machine. You will enjoy it more and more as you get familiar with it.

Cheers!
Thank you Manish. What is the tyre air pressure that you maintain for the front and rear. I am bit confused after reading the pictorial representation about the air pressure.
Old 11th November 2019, 11:26   #491
BHPian

I was told by the dealer to maintain 30psi on all 4 tires so that’s what I’ve been doing. If you go higher than 30 the ride becomes quite hard and bouncy.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 09:02   #492
BHPian

Any recommendations for which brand of car cover should I go for from Amazon?
Old 10th December 2019, 11:44   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for which brand of car cover should I go for from Amazon?
Check out TPH covers. They keep having some offers and their product portfolio is expansive. Though a bit pricey, I feel they are one of the best since they provide the best fitted covers for the car.
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 16:05   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Check out TPH covers. They keep having some offers and their product portfolio is expansive. Though a bit pricey, I feel they are one of the best since they provide the best fitted covers for the car.
I am using TPH cover for quite some time now. It's very well made and feels expensive (it is expensive).
vivekshukla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 16:43   #495
BHPian

The G30 now comes with BMW's new instrument cluster (not really a fan of it) along with iDrive 7.
Wasn't aware about it until now when I visited the showroom and actually spoke to someone there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks