Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 19:31   #526
Team-BHP Support

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

The headlamps on the new one are different but other than that, it's hard to tell the changes. If BMW comes up with special offers on the outgoing ones, I will gladly pick rather than waiting for the new. They could have done better with the front panels. Interiors too are very similar which is kind of expected. Existing owners won't miss a thing. Hope we see some new colors in India too.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20201108-7.27.04-pm-1.jpeg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20201108-7.27.04-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 17:17   #527
BHPian

So guys I noticed a random issue on my 530D recently. The reverse/surround camera parking system wouldn't start up automatically and would not activate even on pressing the camera button on the centre console. I was also getting a message to update date and time.
Even after updating date and time the reverse camera would not start although the audible beeps were working.

I shut down the car and locked it and waited for 5 minutes and restarted. Everything was working again thankfully. I read up on this on the internet and apparently a lot of G30 owners are facing this issue.

Also the engine Auto-start stop button now stays off permanently, instead of being ON by default as per BMW initial setting. Not that I mind this, but I was wondering how it happened randomly.

Anyone else facing such issues?
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:14   #528
BHPian

G30 owners do you have TPMS or Brake life showing up on your idrive?

For me under tyre the only option i get it to reset tyre pressure, and brake only shows the brake oil service requirement not the life of the pads.
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:26   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post

For me under tyre the only option i get it to reset tyre pressure, and brake only shows the brake oil service requirement not the life of the pads.
No, only break oil top-up status. The TPMS knows once when the air is very low like 8PSI, not much useful.
nishad.hameed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 19:37   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
I don't have the brake health displayed. I believe the earlier 3 series have this but for G30, the sensor will indicate only when it senses minimal thickness of brake pads. So we will have to rely on the sensors to advise us. until then, no change
Accent Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:49   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
No, only break oil top-up status. The TPMS knows once when the air is very low like 8PSI, not much useful.
Oh okay thanks, that's not too useful on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
I don't have the brake health displayed. I believe the earlier 3 series have this but for G30, the sensor will indicate only when it senses minimal thickness of brake pads. So we will have to rely on the sensors to advise us. until then, no change
Yes that's correct i was comparing it to my F30 which had both these available on the idrive, made life much easier to plan longer trips.
Old 27th December 2020, 12:45   #532
BHPian

Tried starting up my 3 year oldG30 530D yesterday but the engine wouldn’t crank. Was giving different types of errors on the screen and kept rebooting saying set date and time. Finally said battery very low. I called a battery dealer who replaced the boot battery with a service battery, and the car immediately started up fine.

What I don’t get is how could the battery suddenly die like this without giving any battery low warning earlier. Even more so because I’m using the car quite regularly every 2/3 days.

Could there be some fault which is draining the battery?
Old 27th December 2020, 15:19   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Tried starting up my 3 year oldG30 530D yesterday but the engine wouldn’t crank. Was giving different types of errors on the screen and kept rebooting saying set date and time. Finally said battery very low. I called a battery dealer who replaced the boot battery with a service battery, and the car immediately started up fine.

What I don’t get is how could the battery suddenly die like this without giving any battery low warning earlier. Even more so because I’m using the car quite regularly every 2/3 days.

Could there be some fault which is draining the battery?
Only way to check is to give your car for diagnostics at BMW. Their service tool ISTA has diagnostic capability to force your car to go to sleep and then measure battery drain. Any unusually high discharge values will be flagged immediately.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 02:23   #534
BHPian

Hello fellow enthusiasts, I am a long time lurker but a newb member here and have always appreciated the kind of content you all have accumulated here

I am currently in the market looking for an upgrade for my Passat highline and have narrowed down to a 5er or an E and I am getting 520d lux for 56OTR and 530iM for 57OTR meanwhile E220d is quoted 61OTR.

I am torn between 5er diesel and petrol.
On one end there is this technically advanced petrol with good 250+ horses and M accessories. And then there is this diesel with a claimed 20kmph FE and 4zone ac with vents on rear pillars (Idk but somehow this feature does score high up IMO).

Coming from Passat 2TDI, I do seem to enjoy great FE and a 5 INR/km as opposed to an easy 10 INR/km with petrol

Seeking advise from all of you guys. Also, how much is the haggle room here wrt negotiations? I have already asked my SA to include 3yr BSI and 5yr BRI in 5er's OTR.

My SA is pushing hard to close on any 5er in next 2 days and claims a good 2L hike across the range starting Jan. Upcoming 5LCI looks sweet and doesn't help the case at all.

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th December 2020 at 06:32. Reason: Maximum two smileys per post please. Thank you!
Old 28th December 2020, 08:58   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutenkhamen View Post

I am currently in the market looking for an upgrade for my Passat highline and have narrowed down to a 5er or an E and I am getting 520d lux for 56OTR and 530iM for 57OTR meanwhile E220d is quoted 61OTR.

I am torn between 5er diesel and petrol.
On one end there is this technically advanced petrol with good 250+ horses and M accessories. And then there is this diesel with a claimed 20kmph FE and 4zone ac with vents on rear pillars (Idk but somehow this feature does score high up IMO).
Have you considered the 530d? While it is priced higher than these variants, it is one of the best packages of performance and practicality available in the Indian market. I would strongly recommend going for it and would make 530i the second choice for its quick and smooth petrol engine.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 09:24   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Have you considered the 530d?
Are there similar massive discounts on the 530D too? That would be the icing on the cake. I recollect reading about truly huge discounts on it during the GST and/or BS-VI transition periods.

One question I had is whether the LCI 530i will uprate the existing torque rating to the 330i spec of 400Nm. For some reason the 530i currently runs at a lower torque rating of 350 Nm.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th December 2020 at 09:27.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 09:28   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My SA is pushing hard to close on any 5er in next 2 days and claims a good 2L hike across the range starting Jan. Upcoming 5LCI looks sweet and doesn't help the case at all.
I would pick the 530i if I were you. Your overall FE saving is not going to be as much as you are imagining it to be.

In terms of discount, it is always better to mention the ex showroom price here and OTR RTO rates are different everywhere. There seems to be defiantly room to haggle in your car. I just helped a friend get a deal from Delhi and hence know the legit discounts operating. Both the 5 and E were being offered at 10L off on ex showroom price.

Delhi dealers are the most aggressive in the country currently.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 09:47   #538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am torn between 5er diesel and petrol. how much is the haggle room here wrt negotiations?
If you have to mostly drive, don’t even look at that 4 cylinder Diesel or E-Class. Multiple reasons for this. Browse through some of the threads.

If you want Punjab/ Chandigargh registration, you will have to buy locally and discounts maybe less as Delhi NCR dealerships have some sort of agreement for not invoicing to Punjab/ Chandigarh.

As Sahil as pointed, discounts are currently best in NCR so make use. The new 5, is going to get launched at even higher rates and having seen in person, is not something I will wait and pay a higher price.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th December 2020 at 10:10.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 14:34   #539
BHPian

Thanks folks for quickly jumping in on my dilemma ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
Have you considered the 530d? While it is priced higher than these variants, it is one of the best packages of performance and practicality available in the Indian market. I would strongly recommend going for it and would make 530i the second choice for its quick and smooth petrol engine.
Absolutely agree with you here. That engine is something special. Would you happen to know the ex-showroom price for that? To be honest, I started with a measly budget and narrowed my choice down to a pre-worshipped XE 25T for Rs. 25 lakh. The odo was reading 18k and the car had a fancy number number plate, but the deal didn't go through even after having paid the booking token and renewing the insurance. Now, with almost double the budget that I started with, I am in the Rs. 55 lakh OTR category. The 3 and C didn't feel all that much of an upgrade over the Passat (heated ventilated seats anyone?) now.

530d would push it to 65 something. Thoughts? If it helps, I'll opt for 4 year balloon or 360 financing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Are there similar massive discounts on the 530D too? That would be the icing on the cake. I recollect reading about truly huge discounts on it during the GST and/or BS-VI transition periods.

One question I had is whether the LCI 530i will uprate the existing torque rating to the 330i spec of 400Nm. For some reason the 530i currently runs at a lower torque rating of 350 Nm.
Would love a 530i with the 330i tune! Are there similar massive discounts on the 530d too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I would pick the 530i if I were you. Your overall FE saving is not going to be as much as you are imagining it to be.

In terms of discount, it is always better to mention the ex showroom price here and OTR RTO rates are different everywhere. There seems to be defiantly room to haggle in your car. I just helped a friend get a deal from Delhi and hence know the legit discounts operating. Both the 5 and E were being offered at 10L off on ex showroom price.

Delhi dealers are the most aggressive in the country currently.
Of course. I should have mentioned ex-showroom prices and not OTR ones. Both diesel luxury variant and petrol M 5-Series are quoted at Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 51 lakh ex-showroom. How good is that of a deal considering the LCI will hit shores in the second or third quarter (September, according to the SA)? Can you please suggest strong haggling points, say, a 3-year BSI and / or 4-year BRI can be included?

I cannot get across this thought in my head `Your overall FE saving is not going to be as much as you are imagining it to be.` Somehow the Indian in me cringes at petrol price + FE combo . Also, this will start the octane stories too and Punjab doesn't really get higher octane stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you have to mostly drive, don’t even look at that 4 cylinder Diesel or E-Class. Multiple reasons for this. Browse through some of the threads.

If you want Punjab/ Chandigarh registration, you will have to buy locally and discounts maybe less as Delhi NCR dealerships have some sort of agreement for not invoicing to Punjab/ Chandigarh.

As Sahil as pointed, discounts are currently best in NCR so make use. The new 5, is going to get launched at even higher rates and having seen in person, is not something I will wait and pay a higher price.
I do have a Delhi address proof. Called Navnit and they seemed to be out of stock (queried for 3 though, back then) and Bird didn't seem all that much interested because of territory issues. Also, Delhi RTO charges are much higher than Chandigarh's. Would you happen to know of the best ex-showroom price of both 5ers?

MOD NOTE : Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2021 at 12:15. Reason: Terribly typed post - correcting as much as I can understand
Tutenkhamen is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th December 2020, 15:33   #540
BHPian

Pls check Deutsche motors, Noida,
They are quite good with carrying stocks and offering discounts,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks