Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2013, 10:30   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

So, Cruise control & DRL are 2 of the 5 (projected) new features on the All New Swift, which are pretty useless on Indian roads.
I would tend to diagree with you here; with so much of smog on Indian roads in early mornings and so many flights getting cancelled in Delhi; I think it is fair enough to have DRL's to inform about your presence on the road. Regarding Cruise Control, I think it would be good to have it as you can sit back and relax on longer highway drives and not get off the car with a leg ache. I for one, support both.
Old 19th December 2013, 10:35   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post

I for one, support both.
amtak I respect your view dude, but I guess you did not either read my post correctly or misunderstood me.

I only posted Autocar's view of what they think are the features that are quite useless on Indian roads. I think you must probably go onto that link which I have posted and read through them to get a better idea.
Old 19th December 2013, 11:52   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
amtak I respect your view dude, but I guess you did not either read my post correctly or misunderstood me.

I only posted Autocar's view of what they think are the features that are quite useless on Indian roads. I think you must probably go onto that link which I have posted and read through them to get a better idea.
My apologies. I havent read the link of ACI as posted by you. However, if ACI is saying this, may be they should re-think of these 2.
amtak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 14:40   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I was keen on waiting to get a 2014 model. But the already overprices Swift will become even pricier. Plus, most of the features wont make it to the Vdi and almost all of them are not important to me. Infact I don't want DRLs and am not willing to have dual tone interiors).

I plan to retain the Swift for about 6 years and resale should not be very different for the facelift. Infact, the total discounts I am getting are in the range of 30,000 and the Vdi now strarts making a little sense. May be the discounts are higher in the following months, but I am happy with the offer and wont repent.

I have booked Swift Vdi in white. Its a Dec 2013 model to be registered in Jan14.

I suggest push for more discounts and accessories.

Congratulations in advance.

Quote:

I tried to go to the link but the link has some error. I have CC in kizashi and just love it.

Its quiet useful on long drives where I can just relax my right foot. it even gives me great FE so its a win win situation for me.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control-screenshot_20131219144207.png  

Last edited by rockporiom : 19th December 2013 at 14:46.
Old 19th December 2013, 22:19   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But they still retain the same engine, which by the way gets de-tuned for a better economy. Car gets bigger on the outside, but on the inside, is smaller than the outgoing model.

Autocar has recently listed the "10 Most Useless Features" on Indian cars. Here is the link:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-367887.aspx/0

So, Cruise control & DRL are 2 of the 5 (projected) new features on the All New Swift, which are pretty useless on Indian roads. So, this probably means Maruti is coming up with another "Wink and you Miss" kinda crap.
If you are talking about the MJD, let me tell you that it is not exactly 'detuned'. The wave of torque kicks in a more linear fashion. The new Swift chugs along the city roads at 1500 rpm whereas the older one would have felt dead at that rpm. The peak torque and power figures are still the same.

I agree with the autocar useless features with the exception of temperature gauge.

Quote:
I would tend to diagree with you here; with so much of smog on Indian roads in early mornings and so many flights getting cancelled in Delhi;
I think if the day is foggy, the onus is on the driver to switch on the headlamps/foglamps. I'd agree with autocar that it is a plain irritating feature in India.

And I really don't think Maruti would come up with Cruise Control in the Swift facelift.
blue_pulsar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 10:06   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I suggest push for more discounts and accessories.

Congratulations in advance.
Correction and Update: I had pushed for discounts in cash rather than accessories. The total cash discount is 37,000 on the On-Road price. And this does not include exchange bonus.

Sounds good?
Old 20th December 2013, 12:58   #217
BANNED

Quote:

Correction and Update: I had pushed for discounts in cash rather than accessories. The total cash discount is 37,000 on the On-Road price. And this does not include exchange bonus.

Sounds good?
Make it a round figure 40K Get the discount on the Ex-Showroom price rather than in the OTR.

All rest amounts will come down.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 13:29   #218
BHPian

Quote:

Sounds good?

Totally agree with anurag. Push for 40k and do get the free RPAS as they will try to save money there. The RPAS is free from MSIL.
Old 20th December 2013, 13:37   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...Get the discount on the Ex-Showroom price rather than in the OTR.

All rest amounts will come down....
Not really. Whatever discounts offered NOT withstanding, taxes are applied on the actual ex showroom price (before discount).

Quote:
...The RPAS is free from MSIL.
Sorry, but what is RPAS?
Old 20th December 2013, 13:51   #220
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I only posted Autocar's view of what they think are the features that are quite useless on Indian roads.
Quote:
I havent read the link of ACI as posted by you. However, if ACI is saying this, may be they should re-think of these 2.
It's sad to see the quality of journalism at Autocar India becoming worse at at a steady clip. Of late, there is an obvious and clear bias in their test reports and comparisons. This immediately lowers the quality of the article in the minds of the readers. And then, they come up with a crazy article like this "useless features in a car" and go on to include some very useful features such as LED daytime running lamps, temperature gauge, cruise control etc.

If they meant to say that some cars' sunglass holders are quite small or that first aid kits given along with the new car are very basic, then why include these in a list of "useless features", as if they are not required at all? Isn't something better than nothing? How many people would take the effort to put together a good first aid kit? What's worse, I don't understand how LED day lights, temperature gauge and cruise control are among the "most useless" features. If they (the folks at ACI) don't use or like them, it doesn't mean that they become "useless" for everyone else. Thankfully, the comments section at the end of that useless article reflects what others think of that list.

I hope both LED daytime running lamps and cruise control do make it to the facelifted Swift! Cruise control is a boon for drivers while cruising on expressways and multi-lane highways while LED day lights are actually a very useful safety feature, as discussed in the DRL thread on Team-BHP.

Last edited by RSR : 20th December 2013 at 14:01.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 14:23   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Get the discount on the Ex-Showroom price rather than in the OTR.
I dont know if that is possible. Anyway, I closed the deal with 38,000 discount off on OTR. Plus those standard accessories floor mat and mud flaps.

Quote:
.... do get the free RPAS as they will try to save money there. The RPAS is free from MSIL.
What's RPAS?
Old 20th December 2013, 14:37   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know if that is possible. Anyway, I closed the deal with 38,000 discount off on OTR. Plus those standard accessories floor mat and mud flaps.

What's RPAS?
RPAS stands for reverse park assist system. Communly known as parking sensors.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 14:59   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I think if the day is foggy, the onus is on the driver to switch on the headlamps/foglamps. I'd agree with autocar that it is a plain irritating feature in India.

And I really don't think Maruti would come up with Cruise Control in the Swift facelift.
I switch on the headlamps and fogs in my car on foggy days; I then have people taking their hands out of the car to inform me that my headlamps are on. While I respect their gesture, the whole purpose gets defeated.

Why are we against DRL's? Now, if we get it in a Skoda/Hyundai/MERC is okay, why not in a Maruti? Having said this, there are some franction of individuals who do not switch on their headlamps even at night because they have DRL's
Old 20th December 2013, 15:11   #224
BHPian

Quote:
RPAS stands for reverse park assist system. Communly known as parking sensors.
Why would reverse park assist system be free from MSIL? They might as well add it to their features rather than all the goodwill being taken by the dealer.
Old 20th December 2013, 16:39   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why are we against DRL's? Now, if we get it in a Skoda/Hyundai/MERC is okay, why not in a Maruti? Having said this, there are some franction of individuals who do not switch on their headlamps even at night because they have DRL's
Here is my personal take. I don't get distracted when a BMW or Audi comes from the opposite side but an i20 DRL is too bright and distracts me sometimes.

In places where there are chances of fog during the couple of months of winter, it might be useful. Won't the front and rear fog lamps serve the same purpose? Why should we have it always turned on across the country even in areas where it never has a purpose?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks