Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2013, 22:11   #181
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Roads on Europe = India?

I don't think so. We need more of sidewall for protection of the suspension and our backbone.

The 16" will get you a harsher ride with low profile tyres as they'll have to keep the OD same as earlier. I don't think a higher sidewall + 16" wheels will come this time.

Anurag.

Very true I had bought silica based tires for Superb because they were european import and had very good grip according to the reviews online. It turned out that the soft rubber caused quite a few problems with the side walls. Cuts and ruptures were a monthly affair had to replace them with some local ones.
Old 8th December 2013, 22:18   #182
BANNED

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I am getting a dzire zdi for OTR: 8.2 lakhs

with these details and the fuel costs that I will have to bear I feel I should go for the 2013 dzire. What do you guys think?

Total benefits including fuel cost and govt. price rise is 1.65 lakhs.
If these are the benefits that your getting then go ahead and buy the Dzire ZDi.

Please verify the VIN and check the car properly and only then sign the dotted line.

All the best and CONGRATULATIONS in Advance.

Any update from your manager for the New Swift launch and what features are going to make it onto the car?

Anurag.
Old 8th December 2013, 22:23   #183
BHPian

Quote:
If these are the benefits that your getting then go ahead and buy the Dzire ZDi.

Please verify the VIN and check the car properly and only then sign the dotted line.

All the best and CONGRATULATIONS in Advance.

Any update from your manager for the New Swift launch and what features are going to make it onto the car?

Anurag.
As I mentioned in my previous post the new swift is confirmed for march 2014 launch and deliveries to start from april 2014. Price rise to be 50-60k inclusive govt. Price rise.

They have told that I can choose which ever silver zdi that I want from their lot. So I will check each car carefully so that I don't get fooled.
Old 8th December 2013, 22:55   #184
BANNED

Quote:
As I mentioned in my previous post the new swift is confirmed for march 2014 launch and deliveries to start from april 2014. Price rise to be 50-60k inclusive govt. Price rise.

They have told that I can choose which ever silver zdi that I want from their lot. So I will check each car carefully so that I don't get fooled.
Oh. March'14 is way far But I guess will change the car in the new financial year.

Check for rust in corners as it will be open ground (hope not) and the rainy season has just passed so there will be an issue if not inspected. Check the under body too.

Anurag.
Old 8th December 2013, 22:58   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. March'14 is way far But I guess will change the car in the new financial year.

Check for rust in corners as it will be open ground (hope not) and the rainy season has just passed so there will be an issue if not inspected. Check the under body too.

Anurag.
Anurag it is not a dead stock car but a November 2013 car as MSIL has stopped production for december 2013 due to excess stock.
Old 9th December 2013, 11:39   #186

Any chance of the 2014 vxi/vdi getting upgraded brakes or ABS at least as an option? Test drove the Swift this weekend and contemplating the zxi, mainly for ABS. But it's currently a big premium over the vxi even though it includes other additional features.

The Ritz is looking more attractive in comparison because of the 30K consumer offer and optional ABS in vxi.
Old 9th December 2013, 13:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-Phoenician View Post
Any chance of the 2014 vxi/vdi getting upgraded brakes or ABS at least as an option? Test drove the Swift this weekend and contemplating the zxi, mainly for ABS. But it's currently a big premium over the vxi even though it includes other additional features.

The Ritz is looking more attractive in comparison because of the 30K consumer offer and optional ABS in vxi.
I am sorry but no vxi/vdi abs option. Only the zdi will have abs and ebd even in 2014 the vdi/vxi might only get cosmetic upgrades.

suggest you to go for zdi not only because of abs but also because of airbags. My dad had an accident just last month and is alive only because of airbags.
Old 10th December 2013, 01:02   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
For that we will be looking at a minimum of 2019 / 2020 - probably in Gen II YL1 (5 years from the launch of YL1)

Hey man it is simply impossible for maruti to give any MJD's in 2019/2020 because the agreement with fiat will expire in 2016 which is the prime reason they are developing their own diesel engines. If it has to come it has to come in 2014. It may be offered as an option in the yl1 just like the linea t-jet.
Old 12th December 2013, 16:35   #189
BANNED

Guys,

We are going OT here as this thread is only for Updates on the Swift.

Let's continue the discussion in a separate thread. The topic is getting diluted and losing track.

Thanks,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 18:18   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
...Sales executive act as being clueless about any new launch of Swift.
For some dealers, Maruti training happen as late as 2 weeks before a launch. In such cases, none of the SAs will even be aware of a launch. It could be genuine that your SA is unaware of this launch. And we are talking about a clean 3 months from now before the launch happens.
Old 12th December 2013, 18:24   #191
BHPian

Got some info on price of zdi swift and dzire.

swift zdi to be priced at 7.5 lacs ex showroom ahmedabad
Dzire zdi to be priced at 8.12 lacs ex showroom ahmedabad.

Current price

swift zdi: 6.99 lakhs ex showroom ahmedabad
dzire zdi: 7.6 lakhs ex showroom ahmedabad
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:04   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Current price

Now Swift is to Suzuki What Innova is for Toyota.
Fat Profit earner!

Are these prices justified?
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:14   #193
BANNED

Quote:

Current price

Will get the pricing in a few days. But my dad just received a call saying the Launch is in March'14.

I do expect the OTR to be around 8L.

Anurag.
Old 12th December 2013, 20:58   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I do expect the OTR to be around 8L...
Even with the current 6.99L ex showroom, won't the Hyderabad OTR exceed 8L ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Now Swift is to Suzuki What Innova is for Toyota.
Fat Profit earner!

Are these prices justified?
We all know the answer. But is there a complete all round package (or close to complete) in today's market?! That says it all.

Stylish
Peppy
Fuel efficient
Good handling
Good ride quality
Reliable
Great A$$
Equipment levels

What other car comes close to a Swift in these many parameters?!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th December 2013 at 21:01.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 21:38   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Even with the current 6.99L ex showroom, won't the Hyderabad OTR exceed 8L?
This figure I mentioned after discounts that my dad will get. The manager says not more than 50K would be the price hike. Let's see what is the real hike is!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks