Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2013, 00:54   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Hmm...maybe I felt FGT was better because I was driving cars that were overweight with VGT e.g. the punto 90 and sx4. Is this possible? Coz I got that push in seat effect in punto only after 2500 rpm why is that so if the torque comes in earlier?
In Punto you got the push back affect only after crossing 2500 rpm was because its peak torque 209 Nm is made at 2000 rpm which is quite high for a VGT. I don't know whether Punto 90 sports a VGT, but if it is then Fiat hasn't tuned the engine properly.

Likewise as I said "Very few manufacturers are able to tune VGT at such low rpm and make it continue over a wider range of rpm, e.g. VW 1.6 TDi.", same isn't the case with 1.3 MJD. Drive a 1.6 TDi and you would start to appreciate two important points
1. Better tune ability by manufacturer for making peak torque at lower rpm and continuing it over a wider range
2. Lastly VGT over a FGT.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 30th November 2013 at 01:08.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 08:02   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
In Punto you got the push back affect only after crossing 2500 rpm was because its peak torque 209 Nm is made at 2000 rpm which is quite high for a VGT. I don't know whether Punto 90 sports a VGT, but if it is then Fiat hasn't tuned the engine properly.
Yes the Punto 90 VGT.

One more thing that I feel is the weight of the car that will affect on that push-back effect on the whole. If I am not wrong the Punto is nose heavy and gives a feel of a slow car.

Anurag.
Old 30th November 2013, 08:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

So any concrete news on the new ZDI coming in? I have a booking of the ZDI and delivery will be ready in the next week. I need to take a call on whether to go in for this one or wait for the next model. Time is a constraint so I need to know what timeline for the next model are we looking at.
Old 30th November 2013, 09:22   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So any concrete news on the new ZDI coming in? I have a booking of the ZDI and delivery will be ready in the next week. I need to take a call on whether to go in for this one or wait for the next model. Time is a constraint so I need to know what timeline for the next model are we looking at.
'concrete news' can only come via official press release from MSIL, anything else is unofficial and likely to change.

Based on info that multiple members have got from their respective sources, you can expect Jan-March timeframe for facelift model.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 09:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes the Punto 90 VGT.

One more thing that I feel is the weight of the car that will affect on that push-back effect on the whole. If I am not wrong the Punto is nose heavy and gives a feel of a slow car.

Anurag.
According to fiat sales guys it is heavier than a sunny. It weighs around 2240 kgs. The sales guys boast about it without realising their folly that small engine plus more weight = less performance and less FE. Wish it would have had a 1.6 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Suggest you to wait for sometime at least till mid december. Dealers will themselves start taking unofficial bookings. Further after the facelift is released the current gen will take a hit on the resale value. So just hold on to your money for tiny bit of time. Also if you pressure the dealer he might give out the info.

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th November 2013 at 09:32.
Old 30th November 2013, 14:31   #111
BANNED

A small update from my side.

The booking will commence here from Mid-December or end of the month. Booking amount will be between 10-40K.

I just visited the dealer a few minutes back and he says the official word from Maruti is yet to arrive and all the dealers in Hyderabad will be given a green signal for the bookings. Many dealers here are not aware of the Facelift that is on the way but presuming there is a New one in 2016 or 2017.

Regarding my position I had paid 30K as booking amount for the Swift ZDi which has been transferred to the account for New Swift ZDI. I have only told him one thing, I need a 2014 manufactured car so I be getting my delivery post Jan 2014.

Discounts he was not telling anything, moreover I didn't feel like pressurizing him so left it there, thanked him and walked out the showroom. I am just curious to see what all features really make do onto the New Swift.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 15:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
The booking will commence here from Mid-December or end of the month. Booking amount will be between 10-40K.
This is great news!

Quote:
Many dealers here are not aware of the Facelift that is on the way...
I dont believe this. My dealer says the same thing and is pushing me for booking. I am clear - Want a 2014 manufactured car.
Old 30th November 2013, 16:24   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I don't believe this. My dealer says the same thing and is pushing me for booking. I am clear - Want a 2014 manufactured car.
You are right. Many of the dealers are pushing so that the old stocks are over when the new one arrives. Once the new Swift is in Display the customer will be wanting the new one rather the older one and even one settles to go for the older car then the discounts must be good to please in the buyer else he will be stern on his decision of a new car.

I urge you to be stern on your demand and choose a 2014 manufactured vehicle.

Hats off to my dealer as they have not pressurized us let alone asking what we want to do. They have just informed that it will be great to wait for the new one rather choosing an older one.

Anurag.
Old 30th November 2013, 16:33   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I am absolutely stern buddy. And, I have only enquired and not paid anything, so I have no pressure really.

I have decided to wait and hope that Maruti loads the Vdi with some features.
Old 30th November 2013, 16:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. Many of the dealers are pushing so that the old stocks are over when the new one arrives. Once the new Swift is in Display the customer will be wanting the new one rather the older one and even one settles to go for the older car then the discounts must be good to please in the buyer else he will be stern on his decision of a new car.

Hats off to my dealer as they have not pressurized us let alone asking what we want to do. They have just informed that it will be great to wait for the new one rather choosing an older one.

Anurag.

My dealer is telling that deliveries would starts from feb and bookings from jan 2014 officially.

But they would be starting booking in december unofficially. They are predicting huge waiting periods with the features that are going to come.

These are predicted mileage figures given to me by the dealer

Swift/Dzire (P) ~ 19.1 KM/L

Swift/ Dzire (D)~ 24 KM/L
Old 30th November 2013, 16:37   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I am absolutely stern buddy. And, I have only enquired and not paid anything, so I have no pressure really.

I have decided to wait and hope that Maruti loads the Vdi with some features.
Then it is fine. If the booking amount is paid then they tend to irritate.

Wait and keep the cash inflow so that you can choose a safer model (ZDi). I own a VDi and the missing safety features is killing me. So I hope you can buy a ZDi. Worth the money and features that come in it.

Quote:
My dealer is telling that deliveries would starts from feb and bookings from jan 2014 officially.

But they would be starting booking in december unofficially. They are predicting huge waiting periods with the features that are going to come.

These are predicted mileage figures given to me by the dealer

Swift/Dzire (P) ~ 19.1 KM/L

Swift/ Dzire (D)~ 24 KM/L
I feel that the waiting as you rightly said will bounce back to 2-3 months and NO discounts. Are you assured priority delivery if your accepts the booking and takes the money?

At present the Swift sells 17K a month so with these features except it to touch 20K figures.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th November 2013 at 16:40.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 20:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:

I feel that the waiting as you rightly said will bounce back to 2-3 months and NO discounts. Are you assured priority delivery if your accepts the booking and takes the money?

At present the Swift sells 17K a month so with these features except it to touch 20K figures.

Anurag.
According to the dealer the delivery will start from jan end or feb so doesn't matter when you book. But if you want one of the first one's then go for pre booking. Due to my good relations with the dealer they have told me to book with 5k just waiting for them to start booking. But I was referring to the swift when I said that deliveries will start in feb for dzire it might start a bit later may be mid feb or march.

Last edited by rockporiom : 30th November 2013 at 20:03.
Old 30th November 2013, 21:13   #118
BANNED

Quote:
According to the dealer the delivery will start from jan end or feb so doesn't matter when you book. But if you want one of the first one's then go for pre booking. Due to my good relations with the dealer they have told me to book with 5k. just waiting for them to start booking.
No, I don't want to be the "one of the first owners" types. No hurry for me. Will book the car a week after the launch.

Anurag.
Old 30th November 2013, 21:44   #119
BHPian

Quote:
No, I don't want to be the "one of the first owners" types. No hurry for me. Will book the car a week after the launch.

Anurag.
looks like you are afraid of being a guinea pig for their first units. I am trying to get it asap so that I can replace my totalled one. Need a diesel real fast because my other car is slightly thirsty

kizashi = 20k pm
Dzire(D) = 2.5k pm
Old 30th November 2013, 22:22   #120
BANNED

Quote:

looks like you are afraid of being a guinea pig for their first units. I am trying to get it asap so that I can replace my totalled one. Need a diesel real fast because my other car is slightly thirsty

kizashi = 20k pm
Dzire(D) = 2.5k pm
No no. I am not against the first units but I have to wait as dad currently drives a SX4 and is wanting to change it. So he is planning to change both at a time which he intends to do in mid 2014.

I can understand your condition for the need of the car. But it soon and I'll read your review.

I am confused between colours.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks