Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 19:25   #151
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
1.5 years. Are you kidding?

Simple theory bro, if your feeling the pinch of fuel costs and worried of scratches then go a second hand car til the Dzire is launched and once it does go for the new one. Why buy the old generation when your aware of the new one?!

If you can wait and keep filling petrol in the Kizashi it is OK of not go for the Dzire if you don't want a second hand one.

I advise you to wait for the new generation. I know your excitement levels

Anurag.
Lol the excitement levels are too high to be measured. Pre owned is out of question due to high interest reates and my dad does not get tax benefits on pre owned car. He wants to go for a new one and it will be the dzire zdi only. The question now is which gen.

another reason is that I don't keep any car longer than the standard warranty period in this case 2 years.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th December 2013 at 19:32.
Old 5th December 2013, 19:54   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
...The current offers stand at 10k consumer offer, 10k loyalty bonus, 10k dealer discount, free parking sensor, free steering cover, free matting. Total benefit of around 40k plus additional jugad of 10k makes it 50k. I know it will affect resale value but by the time the new dzire comes I would have lost nearly 75k that is expecting the launch in feb/ march.

one dealer accidentally revealed that the price will increase by 25k for zdi and he may be able to get the car by jan. If he is able to do it I will go with him otherwise I will have to go for the current gen.

Need advice on this since I want to keep the car just for a year or may be 1.5 years at max. What do I do...
Logically, it makes sense to go for a car ASAP. The total benefit for you will be the savings on fuel cost incurred now + discounts + lower cost of the car. This itself will make up for the resale value hit that you may take on the current version.

On the other hand, if you sell the car in the next 1.5 years, there are very less chances the facelifted version would have hit the used car market - so the resale damage would be minimal again, if you ask me.

Quote:
...The car would have travelled nearly 30-35k kms by then. I would want to go for the 1.6 mjd yl1 when it releases by then...
The YL1 is supposed to come with a 1.3L 90 bhp and NOT 1.6L MJD.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 19:59   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need advice on this since I want to keep the car just for a year or may be 1.5 years at max. What do I do

The car would have travelled nearly 30-35k kms by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
If it is only for a year to two years, then wait for the new model. The money lost in waiting will be doubly recovered when you sell it. When it becomes time to sell the car you will have a product that is still a year or two from the end of its life cycle (speculated arrival of next gen Swift is 2017 perhaps 2018 by the time it gets here) also your car will be the latest iteration of the model.

Anyway why such a low time period? 1-1.5 years?
Personally, I think a 50k discount on current version might be more than enough to offset the hit in resale value for it being an older model. Just because it is a newer model doesn't mean it you will get away without any depreciation.

If it is just 1-1.5 years, Z variants are going to take heavy depreciation irrespective of whether it is new model or old model. Even the audience who prefer Z variant would use the public sentiment towards the safety kit (read "not needed for me" attitude) as a bargaining chip to bring down prices to midway between reasonable VDi and ZDi prices.

Also, within 1.5 years, its unlikely that enough new model Swifts would be available in the used car market to bring the old model price substantially down, since old model is the only one available in used market.

Whole dynamics might change if you decide to hold on to it for 3-4 years though. In that case, newer model might prove better.

Experts, please correct me if I'm incorrect in my views.
Old 5th December 2013, 20:03   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Logically, it makes sense to go for a car ASAP. The total benefit for you will be the savings on fuel cost incurred now + discounts + lower cost of the car. This itself will make up for the resale value hit that you may take on the current version.

On the other hand, if you sell the car in the next 1.5 years, there are very less chances the facelifted version would have hit the used car market - so the resale damage would be minimal again, if you ask me.

The YL1 is supposed to come with a 1.3L 90 bhp and NOT 1.6L MJD.
There was a news article that stated that maruti is planning to import 1.6 mjd for the bigger cars. So I though it would make its way to yl1 later.

Quote:
Sabhar ka phal meetha hota hai!

I advice you to wait. The new generation will fetch you happiness and good resale when you do so.

Even I was tempted for the Swift ZDi offers but decided to wait as the Ritz I drive can be with me for another year as the car is rock solid but addicted to the New Swift so changing it!

Anurag.

My only worry is the amount of time I have to wait. Each month would cost me 25k, currently I am expecting a march launch so that computes to 75k and I also have to face a price rise. Additionally dad would start driving from feb so it will also cause slight inconvenience. I am still looking forward to the dealer who called me up today. If he can give me the car in jan as he said I am game.

Last edited by rockporiom : 5th December 2013 at 20:30.
Old 5th December 2013, 20:04   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Lol the excitement levels are too high to be measured. Pre owned is out of question due to high interest reates and my dad does not get tax benefits on pre owned car. He wants to go for a new one and it will be the dzire zdi only. The question now is which gen.

another reason is that I don't keep any car longer than the standard warranty period in this case 2 years.

I advice you to wait. The new generation will fetch you happiness and good resale when you do so.

Even I was tempted for the Swift ZDi offers but decided to wait as the Ritz I drive can be with me for another year as the car is rock solid but addicted to the New Swift so changing it!

Anurag.
Old 7th December 2013, 13:20   #156
BHPian

Hey guys
*UPDATE*
Recieved information from a trustworthy source in maruti about the Dzire zdi. He stated that the price rise will be significant. When I asked him about the 25-30k price rise he said it was more than that, he stated that it might make the car at par or costlier than amaze vx I-Dtec. He stated this as one of the reasons why maruti is in no hurry to launch it.

He went on to state that the launch is in 2014 for sure but he didn't give me a timeline as to when in 2014. Maruti is still considering knocking off some features to get the price down.

I think if at all MSIL knocks off any feature it will be the cruise control as it is the costliest bit in the whole car.

NOTE: Amaze vx I-Dtec is 60k costlier than Dzire zdi OTR ahmedabad.

Quote:
I guess if it is going to be significantly better, then it ought to command a significantly higher resale value no?
I mean it is coming with way more features than before and our market loves features eg: Hyundai
With the updated information let us consider a 60k price rise so that will mean that the swift zdi will cost as much as the dzire zdi and the i20 asta. Now that is not bad if the amount of features are correct at that price but if MSIL takes any stupid cost cutting measures it will be a big problem. Even if all the features listed earlier are present in the swift still it will lack in some features when compared to i20. But if you take the superb suspension setup of the swift then it is an excellent package. MSIL if you are seeing this thread please NO COST CUTTING.

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th December 2013 at 13:34.
Old 7th December 2013, 13:26   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys
*UPDATE*
Recieved information from a trustworthy source in maruti about the Dzire zdi. He stated that the price rise will be significant. When I asked him about the 25-30k price rise he said it was more than that, he stated that it might make the car at par or costlier than amaze vx I-Dtec. He stated this as one of the reasons why maruti is in no hurry to launch it.

He went on to state that the launch is in 2014 for sure but he didn't give me a timeline as to when in 2014. Maruti is still considering knocking off some features to get the price down.

I think if at all MSIL knocks off any feature it will be the cruise control as it is the costliest bit in the whole car.

NOTE: Amaze vx I-Dtec is 60k costlier than Dzire zdi OTR ahmedabad.
I guess if it is going to be significantly better, then it ought to command a significantly higher resale value no?
I mean it is coming with way more features than before and our market loves features eg: Hyundai, or if I were picking up a used Skoda Fabia, I'd search for the one that came with more goodies like sunroof, projectors etc or if I were buying a Cedia, the one with the Momo steering and O.Z. alloys, climate control and sports pedals

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th December 2013 at 13:36.
Old 7th December 2013, 13:31   #158
BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
Are the new features in Swift really worth 75-80K? Considering 60K discount + 25-30K hike in price of new ZDi? Considering all other things(exteriors/interiors) are expected to be same.
As such the Swift/Dzire have absolutely great re-sale value. I don't think these features will make even a little impact on re-sale.
Old 7th December 2013, 15:09   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys price rise will be significant. When I asked him about the 25-30k price rise he said it was more than that, he stated that it might make the car at par or costlier than amaze vx I-Dtec. He stated this as one of the reasons why maruti is in no hurry to launch it.

If you are hearing it from a dealer or its employee, then take it with a pinch of salt. 25-30k is itself quite significant rise. Anything more than that would be mostly impossible. Moreover, from an electronics point of view, implementing cruise control is not a big deal to be expensive. A set of switches and a reprogrammed ECU wont be an expensive affair. Yes, considering the Z version will get Keyless entry, Engine start-stop switch, cruise control etc a 25k orice rise is somewhat justifiable. But 60k? There is nothing worth that much added onto the existing car.
Old 7th December 2013, 15:14   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Are the new features in Swift really worth 75-80K? Considering 60K discount + 25-30K hike in price of new ZDi? Considering all other things(exteriors/interiors) are expected to be same.
As such the Swift/Dzire have absolutely great re-sale value. I don't think these features will make even a little impact on re-sale.
It depends on the persons mind set and whether he loves the car or not. I want the Swift as a car but the features are just a plus point for me. I love if get the LDi variant but I don't want to sacrifice on safety features this time.

Yes, the upcoming features will hardly affect the resale but the price at which he would sell also would be high.

Anurag.
Old 7th December 2013, 15:21   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you are hearing it from a dealer or its employee, then take it with a pinch of salt. 25-30k is itself quite significant rise. Anything more than that would be mostly impossible. Moreover, from an electronics point of view, implementing cruise control is not a big deal to be expensive. A set of switches and a reprogrammed ECU wont be an expensive affair. Yes, considering the Z version will get Keyless entry, Engine start-stop switch, cruise control etc a 25k price rise is somewhat justifiable. But 60k? There is nothing worth that much added onto the existing car.
There are quiet a lot of things that have been added and I have listed them before as well

1. Cruise control
2. keyless go
3. Auto headlight
4. D.R.L
5. Auto wiper
6. Auto up window
7. 16" alloys
8. New fabric on seats
9. Leather wrapped steering wheel
10. Bluetooth (yes, it is coming)
11. Tweaked engine for effeciency

These things together can cause more than 35k. Further I don't think a set of button and a reprogrammed ecu alone can do the job for cruise control.

Plus our government will also increase prices like they increase every year. So it is possible that by the time the car launches even if the upgrades cost only 35k the price rise could have caused it to go up by 15k-20k more making it 50-55k in total.

Quote:
Cruise control is actually not a very expensive affair can be bought and installed for about 10k by an individual itself. 16" Alloys though? :o WOW are you sure the Swift is coming with 16" alloys in India? Bluetooth and all the other tech make this a really tasty buy now. I'm sure this new Swift will sell higher numbers than ever before

I do hope they don't mess the tune of the engine though. The infact the Swift is a shining example of how well the 1.3 Multijet could be used.

I had posted earlier about the 16" alloys. The swift on this thread also has 16" wheels. I don't think they will mess up the tune but just make it more economical just like they did with sx4 facelift.
Attached Images

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th December 2013 at 15:45.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 15:37   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are quiet a lot of things that have been added and I have listed them before as well

1. Cruise control
2. keyless go
3. Auto headlight
4. D.R.L
5. Auto wiper
6. Auto up window
7. 16" alloys
8. New fabric on seats

These things together can cause more than 35k. Further I don't think a set of button and a reprogrammed ecu alone can do the job for cruise control.

Plus our government will also increase prices like they increase every year. So it is possible that by the time the car launches even if the upgrades cost only 35k the price rise could have caused it to go up by 15k-20k more making it 50-55k in total.
Cruise control is actually not a very expensive affair can be bought and installed for about 10k by an individual itself. 16" Alloys though? :o WOW are you sure the Swift is coming with 16" alloys in India? Bluetooth and all the other tech make this a really tasty buy now. I'm sure this new Swift will sell higher numbers than ever before

I do hope they don't mess the tune of the engine though. The infact the Swift is a shining example of how well the 1.3 Multijet could be used.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th December 2013 at 15:39.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 16:48   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Further I don't think a set of button and a reprogrammed ecu alone can do the job for cruise control.

When we speak about cruise control, all it does it try to maintain the set speed by replicating what is done by the foot. This is the simplest form, excluding adaptive cruise control etc.

Hence, there is no rocket science involved in it. Cars like the SX4 have blank pins in the ECU that in other countries are used for cruise control and similar add ons. Hence it wont be an expensive affair to add cruise control. The swift is already drive by wire, whose throttle or fuelling is controlled by ECU. Hence the ECU can take over the throttle functions and act in tandem with what input is given manually. Hence, most of the hardware is already present.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 17:59   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was a news article that stated that maruti is planning to import 1.6 mjd for the bigger cars. So I though it would make its way to yl1 later...
For that we will be looking at a minimum of 2019 / 2020 - probably in Gen II YL1 (5 years from the launch of YL1 Gen 1).

Quote:
....he stated that it might make the car at par or costlier than amaze vx I-Dtec. He stated this as one of the reasons why maruti is in no hurry to launch it....
They probably are waiting for Honda to announce a price hike for Amaze and then bring in the updated version at a similar price.

Quote:
....I think if at all MSIL knocks off any feature it will be the cruise control as it is the costliest bit in the whole car.
Ohh..Please!! Knock off anything else, but NOT cruise control please.

Quote:
....With the updated information let us consider a 60k price rise so that will mean that the swift zdi will cost as much as the dzire zdi and the i20 asta.
You meant to say Amaze VX & i20 Asta right?

Quote:
I guess if it is going to be significantly better, then it ought to command a significantly higher resale value no?...
I do NOT think the top variants command any extra premium in the used car market. For the very same reason, those take the most beating too with respect to re-sale values.

Quote:
...There are quiet a lot of things that have been added and I have listed them before as well

1. Cruise control
6. Auto up window
7. 16" alloys
8. New fabric on seats

2. keyless go
3. Auto headlight
4. D.R.L
5. Auto wiper
I'll be happy if they knock off the items separated, from # 2. And that DRL looks so similar to the one in i20.

Quote:
...I had posted earlier about the 16" alloys. The swift on this thread also has 16" wheels. I don't think they will mess up the tune but just make it more economical just like they did with sx4 facelift.
I would love to see a new alloy wheel design than the current one.

Quote:
... I do hope they don't mess the tune of the engine though. The infact the Swift is a shining example of how well the 1.3 Multijet could be used.
+1. Infact, I would love if they go back to the previous tune with that THRUST in the back acceleration! But since they want to make better FE, bl**dy thing should get even linear I guess.

Off-Topic:

Quote:
...Cruise control is actually not a very expensive affair can be bought and installed for about 10k by an individual itself...
Sorry for OT - but do you have a link or something?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th December 2013 at 18:12.
Old 7th December 2013, 18:07   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

You meant to say Amaze vx and i20 asta right?

I'll be happy if they knock off the items separated, from # 2.
No I meant the dzire zdi and i20 asta because if the swift increases by 60k it will become 8.6 OTR ahmedabad which is what the dzire and i20 asta cost. The amaze costs 9.3 lakhs OTR ahmedabad.

Why wouldn't you like keyless go. I use it a lot in kizashi and believe me not having a key is much better. You just need to keep it in your pocket and the car is under your command.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks