Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2013, 18:53   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
No I meant the dzire zdi and i20 asta because if the swift increases by 60k it will become 8.6 OTR ahmedabad which is what the dzire and i20 asta cost. The amaze costs 9.3 lakhs OTR ahmedabad...
I thought there is a 1L+ difference between the Swift & Dzire variant to variant!

Quote:
...Why wouldn't you like keyless go. I use it a lot in kizashi and believe me not having a key is much better. You just need to keep it in your pocket and the car is under your command.
I am still NOT sure of the complete functionality of a keyless entry and still read about some of the cars allowing to be started and driven away if the person with key is standing close by.

Not ONLY this, even if someone gets access to the interior of the car because the key is within the range, I would NOT consider it to be safe.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 18:56   #167
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I thought there is a 1L+ difference between the Swift & Dzire variant to variant!

I am still NOT sure of the complete functionality of a keyless entry and still read about some of the cars allowing to be started and driven away if the person with key is standing close by.

Not ONLY this, even if someone gets access to the interior of the car because the key is within the range, I would NOT consider it to be safe.
The dzire zdi is 70k costlier than the swift zdi OTR ahmedabad.

Not with the suzuki system man. It is one of the safest and cuts the fuel supply if the fob is not detected wih 1km radius.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 19:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not with the suzuki system man. It is one of the safest and cuts the fuel supply if the fob is not detected wih 1km radius.
How about opening the doors? Will it allow someone to open the doors if the owner is nearby, say inside the house with car parked outside?
Old 7th December 2013, 19:46   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
How about opening the doors? Will it allow someone to open the doors if the owner is nearby, say inside the house with car parked outside?
No I have tried opening the doors when dad is nearby and he has the keys but it doesn't work. The key has to be in your pocket for anything to work. Even if the guy who has the keys is standing next to you it is impossible to open the door unless he opens it. The fuel supply is cut if the owner leaves the car on and goes out of the car to say open the gate and someone drives off. The fuel supply will be cut within a km if the fob is in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Think 1km is not possible. Can be a couple of meters. Maximum I can bet is maybe 3m without obstructions.
I am sorry I meant 100m not 1km. The system will cut off fuel supply and arm the immobiliser within 100m. If the theif tries to still start it after it cuts supply then the immobiliser will trigger making the theif a sitting duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I am pretty sure the system cannot exclusively respond to only the person in whose pocket the key is present. It is a fairly simple short range active radio which recognises the encrypted response from the key to which it is programmed. Therefore, if anyone is standing close enough to the vehicle, it will be able to unlock the door by pressing the request sensor. It may be able to recognise the direction in which the key is located, and remain locked until the door on that side is unlocked, but I am not entirely sure that is so in reality.

This is going off topic in any case, and i am more interested in the possibility of a 1.6 and 16" wheels. Leather steering is a definite plus too.
Believe me man the system is foolproof. You may ask any kizashi owner on this forum and you will get the same response from them.

A 1.6 is not possible due to our market but 16" wheels will definately make their way to the update if MSIL doesn't do cost cutting.

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th December 2013 at 20:04.
Old 7th December 2013, 19:47   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Going by the technology used in keyless entry, I think its range is very less. The smart key system and remote central locking system are based on different frequencies. While remote keyless function has a greater range and higher frequency, its vice versa with the smart key system. In some cars, it is so less that multiple antennae is placed across the car, starting from drivers door, passengers door, boot etc to pick up the signals from the keyfob. Hence, given this range, I dont think its very unsafe except for the fact that if you are around the car, anyone can get into the car.

But as Rockporiom mentioned, once the range is crossed the fuel pump will cut off.

Quote:

Think 1km is not possible. Can be a couple of meters. Maximum I can bet is maybe 3m without obstructions.

Last edited by audioholic : 7th December 2013 at 19:51.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 19:59   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No I have tried opening the doors when dad is nearby and he has the keys but it doesn't work. The key has to be in your pocket for anything to work. Even if the guy who has the keys is standing next to you it is impossible to open the door unless he opens it. The fuel supply is cut if the owner leaves the car on and goes out of the car to say open the gate and someone drives off. The fuel supply will be cut within a km if the fob is in your pocket.
I am pretty sure the system cannot exclusively respond to only the person in whose pocket the key is present. It is a fairly simple short range active radio which recognises the encrypted response from the key to which it is programmed. Therefore, if anyone is standing close enough to the vehicle, it will be able to unlock the door by pressing the request sensor. It may be able to recognise the direction in which the key is located, and remain locked until the door on that side is unlocked, but I am not entirely sure that is so in reality.

This is going off topic in any case, and i am more interested in the possibility of a 1.6 and 16" wheels. Leather steering is a definite plus too.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 20:52   #172
BANNED

Quote:
There are quiet a lot of things that have been added and I have listed them before as well

1. Cruise control
2. keyless go
3. Auto headlight
4. D.R.L
5. Auto wiper
6. Auto up window
7. 16" alloys
8. New fabric on seats
9. Leather wrapped steering wheel
10. Bluetooth (yes, it is coming)
11. Tweaked engine for efficiency
I expect the features like cruise control, 16" alloys, Keyless Go only for the ZDi/ZXi variant. Rest I am expecting it in VXi/VDi too.

You missed another feature that is expected:

1. Cruise control
2. keyless go
3. Auto headlight
4. D.R.L
5. Auto wiper
6. Auto up window
7. 16" alloys
8. New fabric on seats
9. Leather wrapped steering wheel
10. Bluetooth (yes, it is coming)
11. Tweaked engine for efficiency
12. Electric Folding ORVM.

Quote:
These things together can cause more than 35k. Further I don't think a set of button and a reprogrammed ecu alone can do the job for cruise control.
I agree with you here. If only cruise control was so simple why worry so much!

Quote:
Plus our government will also increase prices like they increase every year. So it is possible that by the time the car launches even if the upgrades cost only 35k the price rise could have caused it to go up by 15k-20k more making it 50-55k in total.
I got a news of 10K hike in rice from Jan'14 on all models sold by Maruti.

Quote:
I had posted earlier about the 16" alloys. The swift on this thread also has 16" wheels. I don't think they will mess up the tune but just make it more economical just like they did with sx4 facelift.
Love the alloys and the look of the car in that picture. Just imagining how the Red would look.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 21:11   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Isn't 16" wheels a little too much to be versatile across India considering the bad roads in India? 16" would need very low profile tyres which would severely impact the ride quality on bad roads.

OEM leather steering is something I've always been disappointed about Maruti. My 1995 Zen came with OEM leather steering while even the Swift ZXi doesn't have it now. They've introduced it back into their range with the Stingray. So the chances are that the new Swift would also get it.

Mods,
It might be a good idea to split the previous post from rockporiom as the replies have become out of sequence. The readability is impacted due to the replies coming up before 2 posts to which it was replied in the post.
Old 7th December 2013, 21:15   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't 16" wheels a little too much to be versatile across India considering the bad roads in India? 16" would need very low profile tyres which would severely impact the ride quality on bad roads.

OEM leather steering is something I've always been disappointed about Maruti. My 1995 Zen came with OEM leather steering while even the Swift ZXi doesn't have it now. They've introduced it back into their range with the Stingray. So the chances are that the new Swift would also get it.

Mods,
It might be a good idea to split the previous post from rockporiom as the replies have become out of sequence. The readability is impacted due to the replies coming up before 2 posts to which it was replied in the post.

Hey man firstly sorey for the out of sequence replies but that is because I can't post back to back post as its against the rules.

My kizashi has 17" wheels and rides on 215 section tyres and I don't think the ride is hampered.
Old 7th December 2013, 21:28   #175
BANNED

Quote:

Hey man firstly sorey for the out of sequence replies but that is because I can't post back to back post as its against the rules.

My kizashi has 17" wheels and rides on 215 section tyres and I don't think the ride is hampered.
Your mixing up the Kizashi and the Swift.

The ride qualities can't be compared for to the price points of the cars each being talked here.

The Kizashi will have the tune of suspension for those tyre profile to keep the ride comfortable and composed. The Swift is 8L whereas the Kizashi is 20L (correct me if I'm wrong on the price).

Anurag
Old 7th December 2013, 21:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back to back posts means no other posts in between two of your posts. In this case, you would have been okay with a second post since audioholic's and VeluM's posted after you. At least that's the way I interpreted the forum rule

Quote:
Kizazhi wheel well and suspension was designed for the higher diameter 17" wheels. In the case of Swift, this is just a facelift without any major changes to mechanical parts. So it is unlikely that they'll change the OD(overall diameter) of rim+tyre. So a bigger rim means they'll have to decrease the side profile of the tyre to keep the OD constant.
Old 7th December 2013, 21:45   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Back to back posts means no other posts in between two of your posts. In this case, you would have been okay with a second post since audioholic's and VeluM's posted after you. At least that's the way I interpreted the forum rule

Kizazhi wheel well and suspension was designed for the higher diameter 17" wheels. In the case of Swift, this is just a facelift without any major changes to mechanical parts. So it is unlikely that they'll change the OD(overall diameter) of rim+tyre. So a bigger rim means they'll have to decrease the side profile of the tyre to keep the OD constant.
Even though it runs on 15" in india but it runs on 16" in europe. So it might not be all that bad.

Last edited by rockporiom : 7th December 2013 at 21:54.
Old 7th December 2013, 22:22   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Even though it runs on 15" in india but it runs on 16" in europe. So it might not be all that bad.
Roads on Europe = India?

I don't think so. We need more of sidewall for protection of the suspension and our backbone.

The 16" will get you a harsher ride with low profile tyres as they'll have to keep the OD same as earlier. I don't think a higher sidewall + 16" wheels will come this time.

Anurag.
Old 7th December 2013, 23:24   #179
Senior - BHPian

I know this is OT but, after reading a few posts, let me clarify that what Aditya said about the Keyless entry system, is true.
First off, you cannot get into the car if the owner is nearby since you need to click the request sensor.
The request sensors on either side of the car and the one behind for the boot, each have their own little bubble of range to communicate with the key fob so even if the owner of the car is standing near the back door and you try opening the front, it wont.
The car detects when the key is not inside it and either cuts off fuel and raises the alarm if it is being driven off, or doesnt let you lock it if you left the key inside.

It has always seemed like a gimmick but this really makes life a lot more easy and honestly not at all any easier for thieves.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th December 2013 at 23:45.
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 21:54   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Sabhar ka phal meetha hota hai!

I advice you to wait. The new generation will fetch you happiness and good resale when you do so.

Even I was tempted for the Swift ZDi offers but decided to wait as the Ritz I drive can be with me for another year as the car is rock solid but addicted to the New Swift so changing it!

Anurag.
Hey man I know this is but I am getting a dzire zdi for
OTR: 8.2 lakhs
With free

1. RPAS
2. Led door sill guard
3. Beige leather interior
4. Carpet matting
5. Steering cover
6. Peddle lamp
7. A/c filter
8. Bumper corner protector
9. Body side moulding
10. Perfume

They are also giving me great finance schemes with extremely low down payment. The total benefits are around 72,000 inclusive of free accessories, loyalty bonus and all other discounts.

new model is confirmed from March 2014 launch and deliveries to start from april. Toyal price rise after govt. Price rise to be around 50-60k.

with these details and the fuel costs that I will have to bear I feel I should go for the 2013 dzire. What do you guys think?

Total benefits including fuel cost and govt. price rise is 1.65 lakhs.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th December 2013 at 21:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks