Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 21:12   #196
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire

Waiting for the hatch version.. hope they pitch in an automatic petrol for the Hatch.
Here's a glimpse into their manufacturing facility at Sanand .
It's H-U-G-E

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=910576645660952

Cheers,
Rev_That_V8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 12:56   #197
BHPian

Read in paper (ET) that Fiesta Classic's production will be stopped by April end (might have already been stopped I guess) giving Aspire an ideal buffer period of a month, going by a June launch.
Old 21st April 2015, 13:09   #198
BHPian

Sweet video. How does an average Joe who doesn't have any connections or know the right people get a tour of these manufacturing facilities ?

Last edited by tjacob : 21st April 2015 at 13:13.
Old 21st April 2015, 13:34   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Read in paper (ET) that Fiesta Classic's production will be stopped by April end (might have already been stopped I guess) giving Aspire an ideal buffer period of a month, going by a June launch.
Dear Senna

The Classic productions have already stopped since February as per trust worthy sources.
The sales figures we see are just the residual Classics!!

The expected launch date for Aspire is second week of June(Probably 14th/15th) though that could not be confirmed yet.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:06   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

So, my weekly visits to Ford's website have paid some fruit

They've updated the Figo Aspire page with few more pictures and details:
  • 1.2 TiVCT petrol and 1.5 TDCi diesel engines
  • 6 airbags
  • 6 speed PowerShift transmission (no mention of which engine)
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill Launch Assist (HLA), etc. (presumably with the PowerShift variant only, similar to the EcoSport), and ABS/EBD
  • Perimeter alarm - appears to be a burglar alarm
  • Ford MyKey - speed limits, audio volume control (like the valet mode offered in some cars)
  • MyDock - smartphone integration
  • Electrically foldable mirrors
  • Beige interiors. Sigh.

Exterior Shots
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayexterior02std.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayexterior06std.jpg
Interior Shots
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayinterior01std.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayinterior02std.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayinterior06std.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-infigogalleryimageoverlayinterior07std.jpg
The Boot
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249152692518.jpeg
arunphilip is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:31   #201
D4D
BHPian

Looks like a good car. Seems well packaged along with a dual-clutch AT.

Is that a hydraulic boot opener I see in the image? It's a welcome addition to the segment.

Ford's styling along with the Aston Martin like grill make the car look wonderful.

Some segment first features:
1. Six airbags
2. DCT

Wishing that dual airbags and ABS are there in every trim level.

Will it beat the competition? Only time(and price) will tell.
D4D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:49   #202
Senior - BHPian

1) The gauge on right side of speedo seems to be Fuel gauge. Way too large. No temp gauge ( not atleast analogue, refer attached image ). Source of all images : http://www.india.ford.com/cars/figoaspire/

2) Overall instrument cluster looks a bit out of place as compared to the central console.

3) Relatively large bottle holder on doors visible.

4) Slot above the 12V socket seems to be large enough and makes for a convenient phone charging location.

5) Adjustable front head rests. Unlike Xcent and Amaze. I hope that the front adjustable head rests are standard across the range, not reserved only for top end. Similarly, I hope the adjustable rear head rests are also standard across the range and not top end variant exclusive.

Overall, the car looks promising, but only if its priced right. For taking fight to Amaze, this car has to be priced in range of Zest. Dzire might not even feel anything unless the diesel is strong and priced sensibly.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-figo-aspire-1.jpg  

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-figo-aspire-2.png  

Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-figo-aspire-3a.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 3rd May 2015 at 19:51.
aaggoswami is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 23:24   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Senna

The Classic productions have already stopped since February as per trust worthy sources.
The sales figures we see are just the residual Classics!!

The expected launch date for Aspire is second week of June(Probably 14th/15th) though that could not be confirmed yet.
Sir, day before yesterday, we picked up our Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium. The VIN was decoded by a very trusted source(namely, FordEtis) and also D-BHPian a4anurag. Both had the same results : 31st March 2015. I enquired the SM about the Classic production stopping but he told me that there was NO official news of it stopping any soon, though its not the case about the Figo.

Thanks,
petrolhead_neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 3rd May 2015 at 23:26.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 07:48   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some observations based on the pictures.

4-meter Aspirations (pun intended!)
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249152690962.jpg
  • If ever it wasn't clear that this car was meant to target the <4m bracket, this picture that shows the vertical face at the front and the rear of the car should clear any doubts.
  • There's negligible/no bumper protrusion at the rear, and neither is there any at the front - it starts with that flat Aston Martin-esque grille.
  • Unsurprisingly, the same pattern is evident in the EcoSport:
    Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249024206591.jpg
  • Aren't those alloys on the Aspire also reminiscent of what we saw on the EcoSport at the Auto Expo? However, what was eventually launched on the Titanium EcoSport was a different and better design, so this can similarly change on the Aspire.

Automatic Climate Control
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249152688354.jpg
  • The automatic climate control console replaces the odd 3-lobed design seen in the EcoSport/Fiesta with a tidy design of uniform height, and a more descriptive display. For comparison, here's a shot of the ACC in the EcoSport:
    Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249104028727.jpg
  • It seems to be more feature-laden too, with a 'Max A/C' button which I presume ramps up the A/C to rapidly cool the car after its been in the sun.

The Cockpit
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-cd390_int_360_apa_v002_000.jpg
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-1249152686363.jpg
  • Piano black plastic around the ICE. While piano black is often a fingerprint magnet, it is visually an improvement over the garish silver used in the EcoSport.
  • Ditto for the steering wheel - although the likelihood of picking up fingerprints here is far higher, given the steering wheel is meant to be held!
  • The display resolution of the Sync screen appears unchanged (foreign markets get a higher resolution display)
  • The instrument cluster looks bad - the light gray/silver that surrounds the dials reminds us of the Classic and Figo's instrument panel. While there's nothing wrong with this, it is a generation older.
  • Lovely rotary knob to control the headlights, it looks much better than the pinch-knob used in the EcoSport
  • Those door handles look like they're taken out of the Figo's parts bin. Why can't we have the EcoSport's handles?
  • Electrically foldable mirrors. Drool.
  • Ford's site also seems to have some inconsistency among the two images. Notice the first image doesn't have the central locking buttons at the bottom of the ICE cluster, but the second one does. FWIW, the Brazil site has the second image, so its same to assume that the first image is just a picture editing error. Amusingly, the second picture doesn't have the mirror controls on the inside of the A-pillar. Well, these are initial shots so may be excusable!
  • On that topic, these are two changes I like: Firstly, separating the hazard flasher button away from the central locking one (I keep having to look at the buttons in my EcoSport, since they're clustered together). Secondly, keeping discrete buttons for lock & unlock (rather than the single button/light combination on the EcoSport. Separate buttons make it easier to explicitly re-lock the car after a single passenger alights).

The Rear Seat
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-cd390_int_360_apa_v002_038.jpg
  • Foldable arm-rest at the rear? Check! And they couldn't even get this into the EcoSport.
  • Adjustable headrests? Check. Good on you, Ford.
  • If we're having beige interiors, shouldn't the seat belts match? Grey seat belts on beige seats looks incongruous.
arunphilip is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 08:13   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Here are some observations based on the pictures.
  • It seems to be more feature-laden too, with a 'Max A/C' button which I presume ramps up the A/C to rapidly cool the car after its been in the sun.
You have summed it pretty well. Looks like a great package overall. So far, the main grouse for me is the beige stuff. Wish Ford had it in signature black and light grey combo instead of this.

And isn't the 'Max' button is there on the Fiesta and EcoSport too?
Ford Figo-based compact sedan - The Aspire-fordfiestafacelift09.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 08:28   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And isn't the 'Max' button is there on the Fiesta and EcoSport too?
I was referring to the Max A/C button on the top left of the Aspire's ACC console. I think you're looking at the Max Defogger button on the EcoSport, which is present on the top right of the Aspire.

Unless you're aware of a shortcut combination on the EcoSport to run the A/C at max? The EcoSport has a few such combinations like the one that allows one to turn on climate control in recirculation mode.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 08:52   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the Max A/C button on the top left of the Aspire's ACC console.
My bad! I didn't notice Aspire has 2 Max buttons.

And interesting! Normally, Max A/C button is used for the variants without ACC. Usually, 'Auto' mode does the trick.

Looks like this button controls only the blower speed as the temp reading in the pic you have shared shows 20 C and the fan speed is at max.
Old 4th May 2015, 08:59   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unless you're aware of a shortcut combination on the EcoSport to run the A/C at max? The EcoSport has a few such combinations like the one that allows one to turn on climate control in recirculation mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And interesting! Normally, Max A/C button is used for the variants without ACC. Usually, 'Auto' mode does the trick.
The orange MAX button on Fiesta/Ecosport is the heated windshield while the white defogger button heats the rear glass.

To cool the cabin quickly, the only combo is to press the "AUTO" button and set the temperature to "LO".
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 11:01   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Sir, day before yesterday, we picked up our Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium. The VIN was decoded by a very trusted source(namely, FordEtis) and also D-BHPian a4anurag. Both had the same results : 31st March 2015.
April deadline must be correct then afterall.

Quote:
...there was NO official news of it stopping any soon, though its not the case about the Figo.
not the case about the Figo?? as in stopping soon or as in there IS some official news about Figo? I presume current-gen Figo still has few months to go.

Quote:
If ever it wasn't clear that this car was meant to target the <4m bracket, this picture that shows the vertical face at the front and the rear of the car should clear any doubts.
Isn't the nose infact few mm's ahead of the 'real' bumper ?? That would make it more than vertical.. or is it the angles?
Old 4th May 2015, 13:59   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite surprised to see the MID in the Aspire. Thought it would come with a device holder in the same place. Would be great to have the MID. I love all the pieces in the car except one - the odd looking door open lever!! That's taken straight from the Classic. The ones from Ecosport would have looked better anyday. And yes - I would have preferred the ACC module from Ecosport as well. It would have looked trendy & in line with the Audio piece.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks