Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 07:50   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
However, Kuttan had picked up a Merc. Seems he pooled all his savings ....
Okay, so it was Omana 'Delta Force' Kuttan. An awesome buy, if I might say so, we must convince him to join this forum.

Looking forward to your posts. Happy Driving.
Old 4th July 2016, 16:53   #167
BHPian

re: Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised criteria on page 21

Dear members, I want to know the procedure for picking up a Creta 1.6 CRDI SX(o) from the CSD.

1) My dad was a LT Col and he passed away in 2013. My mother is availing the CSD facilities and is receiving her family pension. Will she be eligible to purchase the car on her name ?
2) I live with my mom and we are based in Bangalore. Creta is listed for a CSD purchase in Chennai. Is there a possibility to get a purchase order from Bangalore CSD Depot and get the car delivered through the dealer in Chennai ? If not then, will my mother has to be present in Chennai for raising the purchase order ?
3) Is it a viable option to drive the car from Chennai on a Temporary Reg and then get the car registered here in Bangalore ? the reason I ask is because i had recently paid my road tax for my AP reg car here in Bangalore and i was made to run around from pillar to post as the officials were expecting a bribe.
4) What will be the cost savings thru CSD as compared to buying the car directly from a showroom here in Bangalore.
Old 6th July 2016, 20:25   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
Dear members, I want to know the procedure for picking up a Creta 1.6 CRDI SX(o) from the CSD.

1) My dad was a LT Col and he passed away in 2013. My mother is availing the CSD facilities and is receiving her family pension. Will she be eligible to purchase the car on her name
Dear Silverblaze,

I've tried to contact the local URC guys for your query. I've not been able to get a satisfactory answer. Further, the eligibility criteria as indicated in my previous post does not clearly answer your query.

My advice is that you contact the Area Manager Bangalore CSD directly with your query.
Old 7th July 2016, 11:57   #169
Senior - BHPian

Re: Latest procedure for CSD purchase and my journey through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.rahul View Post
PS: My car is a XUV 500 W10 FWD. Booked, Financed and PO taken out in 09 days. Delivery on 29 Jun
Thanks for a very detailed explanation of the whole procedure of getting a car from CSD. I had bought a Maruti omni in 1994 from CSD Chennai while I was at Wellington, Nilgiris. And again while I was at Goa got my present car through a dealer in Delhi. Now I'm on the lookout for another car so your detailed report makes me feel like doing the whole thing by myself and saving a few bucks in the process.

But just to confirm from other Bangalore members - Is there no CSD Depot in Bangalore? Would I have to go to Chennai for the deal??
Old 7th July 2016, 14:55   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
.....But just to confirm from other Bangalore members - Is there no CSD Depot in Bangalore? Would I have to go to Chennai for the deal??
The official address and contact of Bangalore CSD as taken from the website is :
Address : P O Agrarm, P Bag No 780, Bangalore - 560 007 (KARNATAKA)
Tel No. (O) : (Civ) 080-25589982
Fax : 080-25585982
E-Mail : bgd@csdindia.gov.in
Old 7th July 2016, 17:20   #171
BHPian

@S.rahul Thank you for the information and I would definitely get in touch with the Area Manager.

@goandude- Yes there is a CSD Depot in Bangalore. You need to take a right (if you are coming from MG Road) from trinity Circle towards Command Hospital and you will find the CSD depot on your left. Attaching a link for your reference- https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Tr...2.969435?hl=en
Old 30th July 2016, 08:31   #172
BHPian

Latest news of CSD

HONDA BRV and Mahindra KUV have now been introduced in the CSD.

Happy Driving.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 22:25   #173
BHPian

My father served for a short period in the Army in his youth. By virtue of that short stint, we have CSD entitlement today. He did not retire from the army, but went on to serve in the central government.

So, as a CSD card holder, is he entitled to purchase a car via the CSD route? Thanks in advance!
Old 6th August 2016, 07:12   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
My father served for a short period in the Army in his youth....So, as a CSD card holder, is he entitled to purchase a car via the CSD route? Thanks in advance!
@sibot the definition of your father's service is not very clear. Kindly indicate further details for me to help you out.
Old 16th September 2016, 09:11   #175
BHPian

Posting a pdf file with the latest details of vehicles, prices and dealers for csd introduced vehicles. Will benefit all who are planning to use the csd route for purchase.

Old 16th September 2016, 11:35   #176
BHPian

I have VW Ahmedabad CSD price list. Let me know if anyone needs it.
Old 20th September 2016, 06:28   #177
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some clarification:-
A friend bought a Honda city in Delhi for 8.6 L through CSD. He got a Temporary registration, as he was about to retire and settle down in AP. Now AP is asking for 95,000/- as entry tax/ VAT before doing the permanent registration.

Is this a normal practice? Anyway to avoid this entry tax/VAT?
Old 20th September 2016, 07:03   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Guys, need some clarification:-
A friend bought a Honda city in Delhi for 8.6 L through CSD.
Are cars available through CSD in Delhi? Or was the car bought from Noida / Gurgaon? If it indeed was bought from Delhi proper, which model is this and what was the exact CSD price?

Last edited by Navneet : 20th September 2016 at 07:05.
Old 20th September 2016, 08:15   #179

As per the rules of AP GST the entry tax has multiple rules.

(a) he has to pay full amount i.e 8% of voucher value, if it has been bought outside the state and no tax has been paid there

(b) he has to pay an amount (subtracting what he has already paid) if he has paid tax at the previous state/UT

(c) no tax is to be paid if the vehicle is registered in another state 15 months prior to entry into AP
s.rahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 13:32   #180
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Can anyone please enlighten me on what would be the effect of GST on purchase of vehicles made through canteen sales division. At present purchase of a vehicle through CSD gets exemption of VAT only and not excise duty. However after GST comes into force it will be only one tax and not two taxes. So logically once GST comes into force the exemption of tax should be the entire tax on the vehicle.
I hope I have successfully explained my query and I will get answer from my fellow BHPians.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks