Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2014, 12:43   #241
BHPian

re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Hormazd's tweet says Projector lamp. i don't think it is true because even the VW website doesn't mention it
Old 24th September 2014, 12:57   #242
BHPian

The pricing is sweet . The CL TDi DSG should be around 13 L OTR in Bangalore and HL around 13.5L OTR . This i think is brilliant pricing when compared to the competition . The City Diesel top spec ( Manual ) and the Verna A/T are both close to 15L OTR Bangalore.

I think it is going to do well in the Metro's .
zombiedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 12:57   #243
Senior - BHPian

Those prices look very good, and the Hyundai Verna diesel auto's days seem well and truly numbered. If anything, the Rapid will be even cheaper than the Vento and it might well be the car to go for between these 2.

It's good days ahead for urban commuters seeking an automatic car. First the Celerio AMT and then the Zest Diesel AMT, now this. The market just opened up a whole lot.
iliketurtles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:22   #244
BHPian

The pricing is at par with what was expected. there is hardly any change in the pricing from the comparable pre facelift versions, and VW are charging about a lac for the DSG, HHC and ESP, which is not too much.

suddenly, the pricing for the petrol manuals seems steep, since they use an older generation engine with less torque and minus the features that come with DSG equipped car.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:24   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Sure looks like great pricing. When they launched the TSI DSG Highline last year, it was priced at 9.99L Ex Delhi. So they seem to have reduced the price a little. I think this will also ensure the ex-showroom in Bangalore will come in under 10L which in turn means significant savings in tax

Hope they ensure enough supplies and ensure buyers can get it in reasonable times and not start with a default 6 month waiting period.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 24th September 2014 at 13:27.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:26   #246
Senior - BHPian

I think what this means is that the success of the Vento and Polo TSI emboldened VAG to launch more variants and offer more engine options with DSG. The Polo GT TSI was launched first to test the waters, that led to the Vento and now this move across VW and Skoda. You have to give credit to VAG for thinking out of the box.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:30   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Officially bookings in Bangalore to open on 25th. However you can pre book now.

Prices and delivery dates to be revealed then. Booking amount INR 50000/

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th September 2014 at 13:52.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:31   #248
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen launches the refreshed Vento

Volkswagen India launches the new refreshed Vento priced between Rs.7.44 - Rs.10.94 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

The highlight of the refreshed Vento is the new 1.5 litre diesel engine which replaces the 1.6 litre unit. The power and torque figures however, remain identical to the unit it replaces at 104 bhp @ 4400 RPM and 250 Nm @ 1500-2500 RPM. What's more, is that the Vento will be available with a 7-speed DSG transmission option alongside the 5-speed manual unit, making it the second car in its segment (after the Hyundai Verna) to be available with a diesel+automatic option.

The petrol motors remain unchanged - 1.6 litre MPI motor producing 104 bhp and 153 NM of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission; and 1.2 litre TSI motor producing 104 bhp and 175 Nm, mated to a 7-speed DSG unit.

The 7-speed DSG (with the petrol and diesel motor) will be available in the Comfortline and Highline trim variant only.

Safety kit includes dual front airbags (standard across all variants) and ABS. Variants equipped with the DSG unit will include Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP) and Hill Hold Control as standard.

The Vento will be available in 6 colours - Toffee Brown, Candy White, Deep Black Pearl, Reflex Silver, Night Blue and Terra Beige.

Prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai) for the refreshed Vento are as below:
1.6L MPI: Rs.7.74 - Rs.8.87 lakhs
1.2 TSI + DSG: Rs.9.35 - Rs.9.92 lakhs
1.5 TDI: Rs. 8.57 - Rs.9.90 lakhs
1.5 TDI + DSG: Rs.10.49 - Rs.10.94 lakhs

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th September 2014 at 13:34.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:39   #249
Team-BHP Support

Amazing pricing on the DSG. They have undercut Verna by a big margin. They should now see some major boost on sales. Just cant wait to see what Rapid is priced at. It should be even lower!

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2014 at 13:41.
Old 24th September 2014, 13:40   #250
Team-BHP Support

Finally a serious update for the Vento! The changes look very tasteful with no overkill of chrome, and more importantly, dual airbags and ESP standard on both Comfortline and Highline DSG variants. This indeed is the first model in this segment to have ESP.

The pricing looks decent too, The Highline TSI DSG is priced on par with the Honda City VX, and the TDI DSG is actually cheaper than City VX diesel.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 13:47   #251
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
It is going to give City iDTEC a touch competition, especially in Metros where traffic jam and bumper to bumper traffic is a daily trouble.
I have not driven either of these cars but have driven old Octavia & if that is anything to go by then I assume the Vento with its long clutch travel will be a pain to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. It might also have a heavier clutch than the City!
Old 24th September 2014, 14:13   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I have not driven either of these cars but have driven old Octavia & if that is anything to go by then I assume the Vento with its long clutch travel will be a pain to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. It might also have a heavier clutch than the City!
The discussion is on the AT variant with DSG. The new Diesel Vento AT DSG is actually cheaper than the Manual VX City Diesel.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 14:46   #253
BANNED

Would they be offering extended warranty with Diesel DSG and Petrol TSI AT DSG ?
Old 24th September 2014, 15:18   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Would they be offering extended warranty with Diesel DSG and Petrol TSI AT DSG ?
Should definitely be offered. The extended warranty was available for the current model and I had purchased it for my Vento TSI. Cost was ~Rs 16000.
Old 24th September 2014, 15:21   #255
Senior - BHPian

Great upgrade to the Vento by VW. Great to see a manufactuer doing serious upgrades to the mechanicals of the car rather than just the bumpers and headlights. Forget the facelifts, even the supposed NEW generation cars have the same engines and transmission (look at Swift, I20, Honda City petrol etc etc). This car looks to be the best overall package in the C+ segment and should be the top choice for anyone looking for a good driving experience. It's lacking a few fancy features but I can live without those.
I hope they also upgrade their sales and service because that's the main reason for the limited success (to put it lightly) of their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The discussion is on the AT variant with DSG. The new Diesel Vento AT DSG is actually cheaper than the Manual VX City Diesel.
True, but are the features comparable. Doesn't the Honda City VX have much more features like Sunroof, cruise control etc?
It might be more apt to compare the Highline with the V Variant of the City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks