Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2014, 12:48   #181

re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
'Confirmed' -
Vento facelift + TDi DSG launching on 24th September.

Apart from existing 3 trims with Manual gearbox, DSG will be available in the upper two trims, Comfortline and Highline.

Comfortline DSG is expected to be priced around 10.4 lacs ex showroom.
That's a good move indeed. Does tsi get a refresh too?
Old 19th September 2014, 13:09   #182
Senior - BHPian

I feel too little too late. The car needs a complete refresh. I agree perhaps best engine gearbox combo in the segment. But car is begin in to show it's age and is a size smaller then current cars in segment in terms of length and leg room.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 14:21   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Brilliant news. This is surely going to help Vento get some exceptional sales figures.

The only other diesel AT in the C-segment is the Verna AT, which no one seems to buy.(I haven't seen one on road till date .) So in short, there's no direct competition.

Just the thought, won't the price be stupendously high for a C-segment car? Maybe INR 14 lakh on road in Bangalore?
The Honda City VX Diesel Manual is exactly 14L in Bangalore. The Petrol CVT VX is 13.81L.

The Verna Diesel AT SX(O) as per website is 14.85L and SX Diesel AT is 13.35 OTR

So 14L OTR for a Diesel DSG IMO would not be too high compared to the competition. But considering the loyalty the competition enjoys and the poor perception of VW in general, the should price it in such a way that it is max 13-13.5L OTR Bangalore for the Highline and ~12.5 for the Comfortline.
Old 19th September 2014, 17:28   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I feel too little too late. The car needs a complete refresh. I agree perhaps best engine gearbox combo in the segment. But car is begin in to show it's age and is a size smaller then current cars in segment in terms of length and leg room.
I agree with the points you raised, but there are many who would find a fuel-efficient, smooth and reasonably performance oriented mid-size diesel automatic too good to resist.

After all, in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
iliketurtles is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:36   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Honda City VX Diesel Manual is exactly 14L in Bangalore. The Petrol CVT VX is 13.81L.

The Verna Diesel AT SX(O) as per website is 14.85L and SX Diesel AT is 13.35 OTR

So 14L OTR for a Diesel DSG IMO would not be too high compared to the competition. But considering the loyalty the competition enjoys and the poor perception of VW in general, the should price it in such a way that it is max 13-13.5L OTR Bangalore for the Highline and ~12.5 for the Comfortline.
If they were to price it around the price you have mentioned then it is going to sell well inspite of the aging design just because it would make a lot of sense for people driving in a city like bangalore where the traffic is an absolute nightmare . Also, there are people who look at the next segment only because of the requirement of a good A/T diesel and they might also become potential customers.

I'm excited at the thought and looking forward to see if it actually happens and at what price
Old 19th September 2014, 20:41   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I agree with the points you raised, but there are many who would find a fuel-efficient, smooth and reasonably performance oriented mid-size diesel automatic too good to resist.

+1 to that Sir! Many people in this segment also drive their own cars. While i agree that as a family sedan the new Honda City probably makes more sense but for someone who drives this car in the city and is alone most of the time this will be a good choice.

If we do get the 6 speed DSG a nice remap can make this car a poor man's Jetta! Well almost!
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 00:38   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That makes your purchase of VW Jetta DSG to be a bad decision, knowing
  • New MQB based Jetta coming out after 1.5 year of purchase.
  • Newer design for MQB.
  • More power and torque from 2.0 TDi mill.
  • All new interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
If we do get the 6 speed DSG a nice remap can make this car a poor man's Jetta! Well almost!
With a remap it can beat a Jetta to smithereens.

VW Vento TDi

Weight: 1220
Kiirus Remap:128 BHP 320 NM

Power to weight : 105 Stock:86
Torque to weight: 265 Stock: 205

VW Jetta

Weight: 1445

Power to weight : Stock: 97
Torque to weight: Stock: 221

Lastly after owning a German, Honda City just wouldn't cut it. No driving pleasure.
Old 20th September 2014, 00:47   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
That makes your purchase of VW Jetta DSG to be a bad decision, knowing
  • New MQB based Jetta coming out after 1.5 year of purchase.
  • Newer design for MQB.
  • More power and torque from 2.0 TDi mill.
  • All new interiors.
Not really, I get to the enjoy the car for a year and a half more, you can't quantify that in cold, hard terms. I'll take my chances with how it will look after the MQB change, but truth be told I like this design enough inside and out to keep it for ages.

As for any increased power a new model might have, it's nothing a remap can't fix, like you pointed out if one keeps on waiting for the next greatest thing, it's a neverending race since its a constant arms race. That's just the name of the game.
iliketurtles is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 00:59   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really, I get to the enjoy the car for a year and a half more, you can't quantify that in cold, hard terms.
Same goes for Vento, as the newer MQB based will come to Indian shores by Q3 2016.

Quote:
As for any increased power a new model might have, it's nothing a remap can't fix, like you pointed out
With DSG DQ250, it has a torque limit of 350NM. So basically you cannot remap a Jetta DSG. But you can remap a TDi MT. Stats of Jetta TDi manual remap:

Weight:1445
Kiirus Remap: 170 BHP 350 NM

Power to weight : 117 Stock: 97
Torque to weight: 242 Stock: 221
Old 20th September 2014, 01:05   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Same goes for Vento, as the newer MQB based will come to Indian shores by Q3 2016.
Absolutely does. The Vento makes a lot of sense to anyone looking at cars in that segment, no questions there.

Quote:
With DSG DQ250, it has a torque limit of 350NM. So basically you cannot remap a Jetta DSG.

Nope. The torque limit is 420nm for that gearbox. There are quite a few Laura and Jetta TDI DSG's running around on the forum at about 180 BHP and about 380 NM torque, give or take. The remap is very possible, it's something I checked on before I got the car because I'm sure I'll get the remap done at some point.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd September 2014 at 17:07. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 20th September 2014, 10:00   #191
Senior - BHPian

It is getting a 6 speed DSG with a wet clutch. As it is designed for a lot more torque a remap to improve performance will be handled easily.

Rahul
Old 20th September 2014, 19:50   #192
BHPian

Vento Diesel DSG at VW Showroom. Very few upgrades over the current Vento.
Showroom taking bookings with deposit.

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-wp_20140920_001.jpg

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-wp_20140920_002.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd September 2014 at 00:34. Reason: Watermarking of pics with credits.
abhilashvk is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 20:01   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Vento Diesel DSG at VW Showroom. Very few upgrades over the current Vento.
Showroom taking bookings with deposit.

Man that facelift is a disappointment. They could have spent some money in giving it a new look ! *eek*

Love the color (borrowed from the Jetta) and the fact that we can now buy a Diesel DSG !

The interiors too should have been given a high end infotainment unit and not the one they are offering as seen in the pic.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd September 2014 at 09:30. Reason: Please note: Only TWO Smileys allowed per post.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:09   #194
BHPian

Yes, really disappointing.

I was expecting redesigned bumpers with adaptive fog lamps (a la Polo), turn indicators on the OVRM, may be 16 inch alloys, touch screen with reverse camera etc. I am told that brown is only new colour. No Burnt Orange in Vento.

Hope Rapid face lift is not a disappoitment.
Old 20th September 2014, 20:21   #195
BHPian

It is a slight let down but any idea which variant the picture is of ? i'm assuming this is the top spec . But yes there is no two ways about the DSG , Its good news and hopefully it would help with the sales.

But its still not going to sell as well as the Verna and the City. That's for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks