Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 16:42   #166
BHPian

Re: VW to introduce the Vento 1.5L diesel + DSG on Sept 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
True, however, reports from several other sources speculate that a 6-speed DSG is expected to make its way in the upcoming Vento with the 1.5L diesel motor.

This is mainly due to the torque output of the engine, expected to be 250 NM, which is the maximum rating that the DQ200 7-speed DSG can handle. VW might not want to risk offering a 7-speed to save cost, resulting in possible transmission failures due to the inability of the unit to handle the torque. The DQ250 6-speed unit with the wet clutch would be more suitable, hence, our speculation.
Thanks for the clarification, and we can only wait and see what comes out. But, there exist examples in other parts of the world where the 1.6 TDI engine with 250 Nm torque is mated to DQ200. one has been quoted in this very thread.

But again, I do agree that speculation is there for DQ250. So, lets wait and see.
lalittalwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 18:18   #167
BHPian

re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

At last! A capable autobox mated to a gem of an Engine and this all in a good handling car. Hyundai Verna CRDi Auto was always there but would an Auto Enthusiast ever like the overall package? Rather it always sounded like focussing on Icing (diesel,auto,features) when the Cake is tasteless (rear seat,suspension).
Price it right VW, and you have a Winner on your cards.
Old 19th September 2014, 01:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
At last! A capable autobox mated to a gem of an Engine and this all in a good handling car. Hyundai Verna CRDi Auto was always there but would an Auto Enthusiast ever like the overall package? Rather it always sounded like focussing on Icing (diesel,auto,features) when the Cake is tasteless (rear seat,suspension).
Price it right VW, and you have a Winner on your cards.
I have read in many threads and even seen auto journalists stating Vento handles great. Come on!

Vento at best is a neutral handling car. It has a soft suspension and vague steering that gives no feel. I say this after owning a Polo and driven Vento few times. I chose Fiesta over it mainly cause of Fiesta's handling, suspension and steering feedback.

If you say Jetta handles well, I buy it. If you say Fiesta handles well, I buy it. If you say City understeers, I buy it... but when you say Vento handles well.... I just cant buy it.

I am guessing people compare it to Verna or City. And both are bad at handling so Vento comes across as relatively better. But by itself, its a car that doesn't handle all that great and is geared towards comfort with soft rear and disengaging steering!
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 01:26   #169
Team-BHP Support

^^

I'm not sure about handling per se, but I think the Polo / Vento are remarkably compliant on roads with undulations. They never seem to lose their composure and feel quite sorted around a bend. They certainly don't feel skittish or nervous and most cars in that price range do, except for the Fiesta, and the Linea / Punto?

The steering though is ridiculously light and does not inspire confidence. You never know how much steering-input needs to be dialed in. Great for the city but a little unnerving on the highway.
Old 19th September 2014, 01:27   #170
BHPian

'Confirmed' -
Vento facelift + TDi DSG launching on 24th September.

Apart from existing 3 trims with Manual gearbox, DSG will be available in the upper two trims, Comfortline and Highline.

Comfortline DSG is expected to be priced around 10.4 lacs ex showroom.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Please do not type the whole post in BOLD. Thanks
Crazy_Bean is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 01:49   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
'Confirmed' -

Apart from existing 3 trims with Manual gearbox, DSG will be available in the upper two trims, Comfortline and Highline.

Lets hope that the Comfortline isnt devoid of safety features. They can take away the alloys, climate control, music system, fog lamps etc but hope they retain ABS and Airbags.

If the pricing is on these lines then I guess its a good time for me to replace my Vento with the automatic one

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2014 at 12:11. Reason: Removed BOLD formatting from quoted post. Thanks
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 01:52   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Lets hope that the Comfortline isnt devoid of safety features. They can take away the alloys, climate control, music system, fog lamps etc but hope they retain ABS and Airbags.

If the pricing is on these lines then I guess its a good time for me to replace my Vento with the automatic one
It will be the same model to model setup as the Polo. Safety features - Check
Old 19th September 2014, 08:41   #173
Senior - BHPian

Finally a product by VW for mass market based on the demand of Indian buyers.

- Indians love diesel and the market is maturing for autoboxes, a competent product offering by VW; frankly AMTs, CVTs and 4 Speed TC (Hyundai) feel outdated against a sophisticated 6 Speed DSG

- The build quality of VW cars is good and am sure their festive season will start ahead of Indian Diwali. Good move VW

- There was hardly any movement / action in full sedans, all the action was in sub-4 meter space; and it was getting beyond tolerance at times

- MSIL Ciaz, New Vento.. well let there be some action in C segment now

Cheers

Last edited by i74js : 19th September 2014 at 08:43.
Old 19th September 2014, 08:55   #174
BHPian

With VW finally figuring out what the Indian consumer wants, I hope they bring in an Amarok based suv. If the hilux spawns the innova and fortuner, I wonder what the amarok with its better drivetrain can spawn.

Last edited by gautam99 : 19th September 2014 at 08:56. Reason: Typo
Old 19th September 2014, 09:41   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
'Confirmed' -

This is really good news. If they can deliver the cars without any delays, we can see an increase in the sales. Great move by VW India.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2014 at 12:12. Reason: Removed BOLD formatting from quoted post. Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 09:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Hoping for the same. Right price and good resale for my Vento TDi HL would mean, replacing it with DSG Automatic. VW AutoBahn should give a good price if picked two at once.
Old 19th September 2014, 10:18   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Hoping for the same. Right price and good resale for my Vento TDi HL would mean, replacing it with DSG Automatic. VW AutoBahn should give a good price if picked two at once.
Agree to that lets go and get them.

Though I recently did get my Vento evaluated by the VW Autobahn guys and they quoted 4.5l for a car done 60,000 kms. This totally put me off.:banghead:

I was looking to replace it and get the TSI for my dad as he isnt too comfortable with the Innova given its sheer bulk (if you ask me I think he just enjoys driving the vento and does signal to signal drags whenever he gets the chance). The plan was shelved the moment they gave their offer. However the itch might start again if and when this one is launched!
Old 19th September 2014, 10:56   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

I recall seeing somewhere in this thread that the car that went to ARAI had a touchscreen system and screens on the rear backrest. So wondering if they are making the Vento Konnect package they launched (with the Philadelphia 835) as a standard in the highline (or maybe an option pack?)

Great news and eagerly waiting for the pricing. Whatever said about VW, I appreciate the fact that they are attempting to provide cutting edge technology in segments where it is not the norm.
Old 19th September 2014, 12:02   #179
D4D
BHPian

Brilliant news. This is surely going to help Vento get some exceptional sales figures.

The only other diesel AT in the C-segment is the Verna AT, which no one seems to buy.(I haven't seen one on road till date .) So in short, there's no direct competition.

Just the thought, won't the price be stupendously high for a C-segment car? Maybe INR 14 lakh on road in Bangalore?
Old 19th September 2014, 12:26   #180
Senior - BHPian

Most of these will be bought by existing Vento users, looks like including me !. Pricing and features offered to keep the price down might be a sore issue with the car though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks