Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:09   #106
BHPian

re: VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!

The extended warranty is offered for 2 years max over the normal 2 years warranty so you can have a total of 2+2 years warranty. But if you plan to keep the car for a longer duration, like say 6-7 years, then its a bit risky business I think. and you wouldn't want to spend 1-1.5 lacs on a car thats costing 11 lacs which would be worth 4-5 lacs as it is after 4-5 years! If it was for octy/superb, then it is still understandable spending so much. Thats the only reason thats steering me away from the diesel DSG, even though would have prefered to have a AT in mumbai traffic.
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:06   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Can you give us some more details please? What car is it and how old?
It's not strictly a VW but a Skoda Yeti DSG (1.2 TSI). The transmission went kaput & my dad's friend is being given a terrible run-around by Skoda/VW. He has sworn off from Euro brands.

I really feel for him because he really likes cars & takes care of them like they are his babies. Never races, or abuses his vehicles. It's really sad to see a 60+ year old man being treated so badly by the company. He told me that even during the Ambassador/Padmini monopoly days, no one treated their customers so bad.
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
It's not strictly a VW but a Skoda Yeti DSG (1.2 TSI). The transmission went kaput & my dad's friend is being given a terrible run-around by Skoda/VW. He has sworn off from Euro brands.
Ok, so its the 7-speed DSG. Just want to get a sense of how old the car is because the thinking is VAG has fixed the problem with the transmission oil change last year. And what country is this? Because the 1.2 TSI Yeti was never sold in India.
StarScream is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:54   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so its the 7-speed DSG. Just want to get a sense of how old the car is because the thinking is VAG has fixed the problem with the transmission oil change last year. And what country is this? Because the 1.2 TSI Yeti was never sold in India.
My apologies. I just called him & it's a 6-Speed MANUAL which has failed, not DSG.

Sorry for the misinformation. I'll go & stand in a corner.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:38   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm anyways scared of the DSG transmissions going kaput out of warranty. The VW DSGs have an unusually high rate of failure. It's just that in India the consumers have no protection in the form of recalls that a company like VW can get away with it. A family friend's DSG failed recently & VW is, as usual, being evasive.
Quote:
Quote:
My apologies. I just called him & it's a 6-Speed MANUAL which has failed, not DSG.
:
So what made you say the DSG failed? Even the Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is not sold in India, infact there is no Skoda Yeti DSG sold in India.

A casual comment like this may influence someone's purchase decision. Vento Automatic is not even announced yet, lets just stop flogging the DSG & Skoda & VW in each and every thread. There are threads dedicated threads for discussion on this, please use them but Please get the facts and information correct.

Let's not forget that DSG is by far the most modern gearbox used for cars this side of 20 Lakh Rupees(even beyond the 20 Lakh rupee mark, its at par if not superior than the top gearboxes available at any price point).

Disclaimer: I am not talking about my Uncle's or Aunt's distant relative's car. I own a 2010 Skoda Laura TDI CR DSG, that's just 2 months away from being 4 years old, done 65000 Kms of absolutely trouble free ownership. I intend to keep it for a long period of time.

I even started this thread:DQ250 Failures.
.anshuman is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 15:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Let's not forget that DSG is by far the most modern gearbox used for cars this side of 20 Lakh Rupees(even beyond the 20 Lakh rupee mark, its at par if not superior than the top gearboxes available at any price point).
Very true. This weekend I had to take my wife's Santro AT for washing and waxing and it felt agricultural, loud, whiny and unsophisticated compared to my Vento TSI. The DSG has spoiled me and I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to a torque converter or CVT automatic in the future.
StarScream is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:01   #112
BHPian

Diesel DSG automatic spotted..

http://www.motoroids.com/news/spied-...matic-spotted/
ankur_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 12:44   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
Reminds me of the FIAT Palio with all that masking tape around!

I wonder how they concluded it is a DSG automatic and not just a 1.5 TDi + facelifted Vento test mule?
Old 4th September 2014, 12:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
Top gear facebook post says Vento Diesel DSG. I hope the reporter saw the DSG lever because the picture doesn't have any indication.

I really hope that they introduce it; that it is the 6 speed box and not the 7-speed and also that they price it sensibly
Old 4th September 2014, 14:07   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
So what made you say the DSG failed? Even the Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG is not sold in India, infact there is no Skoda Yeti DSG sold in India.

A casual comment like this may influence someone's purchase decision. Vento Automatic is not even announced yet, lets just stop flogging the DSG & Skoda & VW in each and every thread. There are threads dedicated threads for discussion on this, please use them but Please get the facts and information correct.

Disclaimer: I am not talking about my Uncle's or Aunt's distant relative's car. I own a 2010 Skoda Laura TDI CR DSG, that's just 2 months away from being 4 years old, done 65000 Kms of absolutely trouble free ownership. I intend to keep it for a long period of time.

I even started this thread:DQ250 Failures.
+1 to that. it has become sort of an in-thing to bash VAG cars and the DSG tech. I believe some of it will be deserved, but not all. I can also vouch for the DSG. My Laura 2.0 TDI CR DSG is also coming to 4 years, and a significant 1,15,000 km. no problems whatsoever. Other than this car, we have another 3 Lauras with DSG in the family (one a 1.9 TDI and the others 2.0 TDI), and none have faced any gearbox issues till now.

In fact, I find the DSG so good, that I went ahead and bought another DSG, a GT TSI, and when time comes to replace the Laura, it will in all probability be a DSG Jetta (waiting for the new one to come out next year)
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:20   #116
Senior - BHPian

Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Folks! The new face-lifted VW Vento has been spied testing in India.

VW Vento Diesel Automatic... Update: Launched!-10482475_10152372284806234_5533850730033215395_n.jpg

Quote:
At first, this may look like a regular Vento with protective covers to prevent minor damages during dealer dispatch. However, the headlights of the car which are the same as that of the refreshed Polo give it away as a facelift. The dual-barrel headlights also get a darker tint.
Link: IAB

Thanks

PS: Please Mods merge the thread if needed.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I really hope that they introduce it; that it is the 6 speed box and not the 7-speed and also that they price it sensibly
From what I've noticed across VAG brands is that the 7-speed dry clutch is mated to petrol engines (1.2-1.8 TSI), while the six-speed wet clutch is with diesel engines. It may have something to do with the DQ200s torque limitation of 25 NM.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:03   #118
BHPian

Re: Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Well Well, no surprise here it seems, at least in the front face. It appears to be same as the new Polo? Maybe even the interiors will be aligned with the new Polo, steering wheel and all...?
Fiatanic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 15:23   #119
Senior - BHPian

Re: Face-lifted VW Vento spied testing in India.

Motoroids mentions this to be the diesel vento with DSG automatic transmission.

Link : Motoroids
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:07   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Quote:
From what I've noticed across VAG brands is that the 7-speed dry clutch is mated to petrol engines (1.2-1.8 TSI), while the six-speed wet clutch is with diesel engines. It may have something to do with the DQ200s torque limitation of 25 NM.
I think it will be the 7-speed DSG, same as the one in Polo GT TSI / Vento TSI. I have seen the Touran MPV here in Singapore with the combination of 1.6 TDI with DSG (specs here)
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks