Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 16:42   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

I had read that the cabin in the pre-facelift Fiesta (from ownership reviews) was quite silent. But now with this report, it says there are still improvements. So was it over rated in some of the ownership reports? How silent is the cabin in the current Fiesta (may be a comparison with pre-facelift Fiesta would be nice as well)?
Old 21st June 2014, 16:44   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Ecosport has a better back seat. Space is more and the raised seating is very comfortable due to good underthigh support. The back rest in Ecosport is reclinable so that adds another flexibility to the rear seats. However the Ecosport has stiffer ride and lack of rear arm rest.
Thanks for the reply vid. I also wanted to ask if the fiesta has a 12V charging point at the back or an extra one at the front. Considering no in built navigation charging a mobile phone with a navigator taking up one port becomes difficult at times.
Old 21st June 2014, 17:11   #78
BHPian

Fog lamps are standard in Trend variant as per the brochure. Not sure about the Bluetooth in trend variant, but I hope it is a standard feature as this will be a deal-breaker for few people.
Old 21st June 2014, 17:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Fog lamps are standard in Trend variant as per the brochure. Not sure about the Bluetooth in trend variant, but I hope it is a standard feature as this will be a deal-breaker for few people.
Bluetooth is there in the trend as per the spec sheet uploaded in the starting of the review.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 19:17   #80
BHPian

Good review. Thanks noopster and Vid6639.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Fog lamps are standard only in Titanium as per spec in Ford's website but it is standard also in Trend as per brochure as you mentioned. Which is correct?
Old 21st June 2014, 19:37   #81
BHPian

After EcoSport experience I feel this starting price of 7.69 lacs could be a marketing gimmick. After a month or two depending on the response, dealers may start quoting long waiting time for Ambiente model forcing customers to consider higher variants.

On the other hand, if Ford indeed offers Ambiente then it could very well pull away customers from Xcent, Dzire and Amaze prospects who are considering top variant in the compact sedan segment. While these prospects will have to compromise on some of the features, in return they get a proper sedan with stunning looks, decently loaded with features and more spacious than compact sedans.

Last edited by damager21 : 21st June 2014 at 19:57.
Old 21st June 2014, 19:54   #82
Senior - BHPian

Will the Fiesta get ecoboost in near future atleast ? It won't sell in huge numbers definitely,but will make the Fiesta a superb petrol sedan in the segment. It'll have the requisite power to make proper use of its brilliant dynamics.
Old 21st June 2014, 19:57   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Does anyone have any idea that the Mega Audio HU for the Eco sport can be fitted in the fiesta. If it can be fitted in the ambiente will it provide the features present in the sync. If anyone can also tell me the approximate cost it would be great. Considering the safety features present in this variant and HU added I don't see any major reason to go for titanium unlike ecosport.
The SYNC feature is only on Titanium variant as per reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I wish they had launched the fiesta hatch instead!! That is a real looker after the new front grill. I would have happily traded in my Figo. The butt of the sedan is still bulbous to my liking.

Does the trend and ambiente have the plain bluetooth connectivity instead of the full fledged applink business.
I think the Bluetooth is available on Trend but SYNC is only on Titanium.
Old 21st June 2014, 19:59   #84
Team-BHP Support

Noop & Vid - Will the new improved features found in the Fiesta be moved to the EcoSport? Like the new steering feel, improved remote button to access the boot, a bit more premium feel in the cabin area in form of the new steering in the Fiesta? There might be many, but this is what came to mind immediately, especially the steering.

About NVH, while the engine in my Figo D isn't very refined, outside noise is superbly cancelled out and can be noticed wrt to its immediate competition.

If I was in the market for a sedan, a diesel sedan, well I need not look further.

Ford should bring a petrol, as well as AT boxes for both.

And pictures are pro material
Old 21st June 2014, 20:37   #85
Team-BHP Support

Re: SYNC System for ICE, Phone & Web Apps

Excellent review.

I too did not like the alloy wheel design. Looks a bit AMG-wannabe'ish but not quite there. The seats with that side bolstering look fantastic! They must be very comfortable. The 1.0L Ecoboost engine with a DCT box would have been an excellent combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
• Ford says it uses GPS, but we didn't see a GPS antenna?!
Noopy/viddy, not 100% sure but I think this could be the GPS antenna:

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-fordfiestafacelift19.jpg

Perhaps you can confirm it from Ford? The unit behind the rear-view mirror houses the rain sensor IINM.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 21:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I will try to check my Fiesta SXi and see what kind of hinges it has on the rear armrest. I will revert soon.
So much is being said about the ugly hinges on the armrest of the 2014 and 2011 Fiestas, I thought I should check out my car's, which is a 2007 model Sxi (now Classic).

Here is a picture. I think it is not much different, but others may like to comment and confirm if it looks better in other cars in the segment. Perhaps the leather upholstery and matching paint masks the hinges in the picture below.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-wp_20140620_001.jpg

Last edited by vnabhi : 21st June 2014 at 21:33.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 21:53   #87
BHPian

This is super awesome. Great pricing and yet again, a good, concise review.

I have a quick question. What is the ground clearance of this vehicle ? Is it 156 or 168 or 165 I have seen these 3 different numbers in different websites. Can someone throw some light on this ?

Tried fishing it in the brochure (http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Bl...lob&blobkey=id) but did not find it.

Last edited by pravinkenator : 21st June 2014 at 22:03.
Old 21st June 2014, 22:10   #88
BHPian

Great review. But I must say, "Too Little, too late" from Ford. They could have launched this very model way back in 2011. It would have been an instant hit. Too many competition is already there in the market, with the much awaited Maruti Suzuki Ciaz (replacement for the SX4) about to be launched in the near future. And Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki SX4, Volkswagen Vento are all doing respectable numbers already in this segment.
Old 21st June 2014, 22:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

I didn't quite expect this, but Ford has managed to inject a fresh lease of life into the new Fiesta. Somehow, the rear that looked bulbous and ungainly in the pre-facelift model now looks fine and the front-end, with the Aston Martin-inspired grille, looks fabulous and premium. From the looks of it, the interiors look and feel premium too and Ford's trademark handling would sure be a lot of fun. The only thing that Ford could have done better with the new Fiesta facelift is retaining the petrol and automatic variants. Think of it, with the diesel variants suddenly looking sheer VFM, the cheaper petrol variants would have made the car appeal to a wider audience. That apart, facelifts don't get better than this.

But, will the Indian market give this brilliant car a second chance? We folks in Team-BHP are excited no doubt, but will the open market witness the same amount of interest and enthusiasm? We will have to wait and see.

Hats off to noopster and Vid6639 for the awesome shots of the car that brings out the beauty in all its glory. The new Fiesta in Golden Bronze shade is a stunner! And this pic would be amongst the best of the new Fiesta ever. Sorry, I couldn't resist from reposting it.

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-2014-ford-fiesta-1.jpg
arvi86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 22:17   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
But those who want a petrol won't go for anything else. And that is where Ford has missed a trick. They've ceded the market for a high-tech auto petrol to Honda and VW when they could easily compete with the Ecoboost and DCT combo. That car will sell in limited numbers but, I feel, it's easier to manage low demand for a niche product than it is for a blockbuster. Just look at VW with the Polo and Vento TSI - demand far outstrips supply and that is an enviable position to be in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Will the Fiesta get ecoboost in near future atleast ? It won't sell in huge numbers definitely,but will make the Fiesta a superb petrol sedan in the segment. It'll have the requisite power to make proper use of its brilliant dynamics.
Very true. We actually told the Ford marketing VP exactly the same citing the example of the Vento TSI.

The problem they told us is that the Ecoboost Ecosport already has a low demand. The engine is completely imported leading to higher cost. The cost difference between diesel Ecosport and the Ecoboost variant is like 40K.

If they did this in the Fiesta, the Ecoboost will be the most expensive petrol option in the segment. Now if they add the Powershift DCT gearbox, the petrol AT will be significantly higher than the diesel. This will really kill the numbers.

That said, I personally feel they should have got the Ecoboost with the 6 speed DCT even if at a higher price, just as a halo product. They anyways don't have anything above the Fiesta so it doesn't matter having a car priced at 13 lakhs.

More than the Ecosport, the Fiesta deserves the Ecoboost. The dynamics coupled with the Ecoboost and DCT is just too irresistible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I had read that the cabin in the pre-facelift Fiesta (from ownership reviews) was quite silent. But now with this report, it says there are still improvements. So was it over rated in some of the ownership reports? How silent is the cabin in the current Fiesta (may be a comparison with pre-facelift Fiesta would be nice as well)?
It's always been silent. The facelift just improves it further. You can't really compare NVH unless you drive both cars back to back and both cars should be with equal number of kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Thanks for the reply vid. I also wanted to ask if the fiesta has a 12V charging point at the back or an extra one at the front. Considering no in built navigation charging a mobile phone with a navigator taking up one port becomes difficult at times.
Nope nothing for the back seat, only the single port at the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Noop & Vid - Will the new improved features found in the Fiesta be moved to the EcoSport? Like the new steering feel, improved remote button to access the boot, a bit more premium feel in the cabin area in form of the new steering in the Fiesta? There might be many, but this is what came to mind immediately, especially the steering.
I don't think any of these changes will make it to the Ecosport anytime soon. The steering is the same but instead of silver paint they are using brushed chrome. They can't do it in the Ecosport cause it won't match with the centre console.

The key is the same in both, just that the marking is missing. Even in Ecosport you can use that button even though not marked.

Also, the steering feel is intentionally made lighter in the Ecosport to give it a light feel for city commuting. The Fiesta is targeting enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Noopy/viddy, not 100% sure but I think this could be the GPS antenna:

Attachment 1252509

Perhaps you can confirm it from Ford? The unit behind the rear-view mirror houses the rain sensor IINM.
Good point Gannu, but I distinctly remember seeing 2 sensors on the windshield, one will be for the wipers and other for the automatic headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Here is a picture. I think it is not much different, but others may like to comment and confirm if it looks better in other cars in the segment. Perhaps the leather upholstery and matching paint masks the hinges in the picture below.
vnabhi, other cars don't have visible hinges. The hinges are part of the arm rest itself, not at all visible anywhere.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed