Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 22:49   #1081
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
Thanks for the suggestions Hserus.

I knew someone (or everyone) might say not to bother with a spoiler. But I still keep wondering how it might look. I like how the Ciaz S looks with the OEM spoiler, picture below. Maybe similar? ...
Not all cars look good with spoilers and not all spoilers will look good either. If it was a Fiesta Classic, I'd have suggested a rear spoiler (OEM on Fiesta S). But with the Aston Martin grill Fiesta, I doubt the boot is designed to style with a spoiler.

Edit:: A quick search on google shows me bad options.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th February 2019 at 22:52.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 08:51   #1082
BHPian

Recently I have changed all 4 door locks at Ford service centre and the doors shut now with good thud sound. Previously they were sounding bit tinny, similar to Maruti cars. Done free of cost. Took just half day.
For your information please.

My car is 2 1/2 years old now and in immaculate condition. No noise whatsoever. Covered 45000km. I change engine oil for every 5000km. Standard oil used by Ford service. That's all.

Tyres are still stock Goodyears and no complaints. Small tread left, so planning to change to any Indian made rubber of stock size, 195/60/15. Any good deal, pls advise. 4000-5000 per piece is ideal cost. Am not going to engage in any drag race and hence avoiding expensive performance tyres.

Online prices are so misleading. Some idiot is selling primacy 4 ST tyre at 10,000 per piece !!! On Amazon.in. GOD KNOWS !!!

thanks for your time. Good day.
gkoneti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 08:57   #1083
Senior - BHPian

At around 5000 try MRF Perfinza. Several BHPians have good reviews about it that I can see.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 09:13   #1084
BHPian

You can try Yokohama A drive at around 5500-5600 per tyre if available. Bluearth at around 5900 and Earth1 at around 5600 per tyre. Would suggest the bluearth which are mostly Japan made.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 09:39   #1085
BHPian

Thank you for your advice Harris and blow horn ok. Additionally what are the risks of going ahead with low cost tyres like JK, Good years etc.
Old 26th March 2019, 13:34   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkoneti View Post
Thank you for your advice Harris and blow horn ok. Additionally what are the risks of going ahead with low cost tyres like JK, Good years etc.
Why put those on a car like the Fiesta?
Old 26th March 2019, 14:10   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Why put those on a car like the Fiesta?
Well, I worked in the past for JK group and seems like most of the tyres are more or less same within a speed rating. Am not an R&D expert though. I personally used only Indian made rubber and found satisfactory. As per technical guidelines, all tyres with in speed rating must conform to certain quality. But branding, replacement market share, margins etc will make some brands more expensive. Michelin might have some edge definitely but is it so different that we should pay 25% higher prices. Am not constrained by budget though.

Am willing to learn.

Moreover most of us change tyres after a long gap and almost worn out tyres. So whether it is JK, Apollo or Michelin, Conti the difference would be very pleasant due to new rubber.

Pls don't kill me for above. My first car was Palio GTX and hence can be pardoned.
Old 26th March 2019, 14:18   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I worked in the past for JK group and seems like most of the tyres are more or less same within a speed rating. Am not an R&D expert though. I personally used only Indian made rubber and found satisfactory.
I agree with you on the rating and most tyres being within spec. However there is the difference between soft and hard compound for ride quality. Speaking for myself I'll never buy JK after a previous car shod with OEM JKs developed sidewall bulges within 15k km. I could have claimed a guarantee and gotten a new tyre but what was the point? I traded in all 4 and moved to Bridgestones for that car.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 15:06   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I agree with you on the rating and most tyres being within spec.
OEM tyres are made with a strict budget. 700-1000 per piece. Honda gets at 2000 per piece from Michelin. Somewhere they need to cross subsidize. And hence superlative cost of Michelins in replacement market.

Replacement tyres are different in quality from OEM. IMHO.

I will go for Apollo or MRF or Bridgestones. Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 15:12   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OEM tyres are made with a strict budget. 700-1000 per piece. Honda gets at 2000 per piece from Michelin. Somewhere they need to cross subsidize. And hence superlative cost of Michelins in replacement market.

I will go for Apollo or MRF or Bridgestones. Thanks
Of all these the MRF Perfinzas are getting the most positive reviews. Take a look at them first before you look for Bridgestone or Michelin.
Old 30th March 2019, 08:08   #1091
BHPian

Quote:

You mean to say that replacement tyres are better than the one supplied to OEM ?

If you consider the same brand and same specification - ones supplied to OEM are much better in quality than the replacement parts available on the market.

Have first hand knowledge on these parts. I know practices where tyres which don't meet OEM Quality Checks (ex Conicity requirement) are directly sent for retail customers.
Old 27th May 2019, 14:31   #1092
BHPian

Finally changed the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4 ST at Ashoka wheels, Secunderabad in the month of April. Cost INR 6500 per piece and INR 800 for wheel balancing, alignment and fitting. I had previous experience with him for my VW Polo car. He seems bit expensive initially but listens to customer demands well. He had stock of Oct- Dec 2018 stock of Primacy 4 ST, but after I insisted on latest stock, he fetched latest stock of Feb-Mar 2019 stock from Michelin warehouse. March-19 stock for imported tyres was unbelievable. Two tyres are from 0619 week and two more were from 1219 week.
I was happy with the gesture and did not bargain much.

Tyre is manufactured in Thailand as you can see in the picture.

As members have suggested, have inquired about Perfinza across Hyderabad market and was getting only one-two year old stock at prices ranging from 4300 to 5300. I was not keen as most of them said that they had stock of either two pieces or three. Finally gave in to Michelin.

Review

1. Drove Hyderabad- Tirupati- Bengaluru- Hyderabad with some rough roads and tyres handled very well. Pressure of 33 PSI on all four tyres. Highway handling is good.

2. Road noise is very low between 20-60 kmph. Nice to have such silent tyres over bad city roads. Beyond 80kmph, i could not feel any substantial difference in noise levels.

3. Fuel efficiency might have gone up 0.5-1 kmpl as per my calculations. Could be due to fresh rubber. That too in harsh summer. I expect the mileage improvement of 1.5-2 kmpl during winters. Let us see.

4. Close to 50 days after fitting the tyres, the pressure is still at 33 psi on all four tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_174235.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_174258.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_174318.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_174333.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_174347.jpg  

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190412_175438.jpg  

Old 24th July 2019, 12:40   #1093
BHPian

I am planning to seel my 2014 fiesta titanium run approx 80,000kms. I need to change my car as i have a ligament tear in my left knee and doc has advised to avoid using the clutch. Hence with a heavy heart would have to sell my car. I have a Ford Endeavor for my highway commute. So looking for a sedan for in city commute or trip to my office about 40 km of highway use daily. Please recommend a diesel automatic.
1. Hyundai Verna
2. Skoda Rapid
3. Volkswagen Vento
I love to drive and need a car which handles well. Budget around 20 lac.
I found both vento and rapid are not offering feature even which my fiesta has. Verna has a long list of features but would like to know about the way it handles.
Recommendations any other car i might have missed out are also welcome.
Thank you
Old 24th July 2019, 12:43   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I am planning to seel my 2014 fiesta titanium run approx 80,000kms. I need to change my car as i have a ligament tear in my left knee and doc has advised to avoid using the clutch. Hence with a heavy heart would have to sell my car. I have a Ford Endeavor for my highway commute. So looking for a sedan for in city commute or trip to my office about 40 km of highway use daily. Please recommend a diesel automatic.
1. Hyundai Verna
2. Skoda Rapid
3. Volkswagen Vento
I love to drive and need a car which handles well. Budget around 20 lac.
I found both vento and rapid are not offering feature even which my fiesta has. Verna has a long list of features but would like to know about the way it handles.
Recommendations any other car i might have missed out are also welcome.
Thank you
The best car for you will be Amaze Diesel CVT. If you are open to another SUV / MPV, you should consider the Hexa Auto.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 12:55   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The best car for you will be Amaze Diesel CVT. If you are open to another SUV / MPV, you should consider the Hexa Auto.
Amaze is a fun car to drive but rather light and not terribly good at higher speeds. Still a very good city car for 40 km type commutes, not as much so for highway drives.

Verna is a boat with superb features. VW / Skoda have far less features than the Fiesta.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks